Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adored Admirer

vwytche
The post he had a problem with wasn't made in ED.

It sure looks like it did to me. Morality & Religion is a sub-forum of Extended Discussion, therefore, it is Extended Discussion.

vwytche
His concerns could easily been addressed there, but he brought it here. Now, I am done discussing this on this thread. It has been jacked badly enough as it is.

Unless you're talking about something else, it looks like it was started here. I don't think you're really concerned about hi-jacking threads. I think you're concerned about saving your dignity, or else you wouldn't reply to people if you felt they were changing the subject of a thread like this one.

vwytche
Feel free to turn it into some slam fest against me. I will not be participating.

Ban is right, you must have some persecution complex.

Jeering Regular

Pseudo-Onkelos
vwytche
The post he had a problem with wasn't made in ED.

It sure looks like it did to me. Morality & Religion is a sub-forum of Extended Discussion, therefore, it is Extended Discussion.
Mmm. I think he's trying to refer to the post that deadman was commenting about. I took a look at it to see what the deal was and to mine some quotes. But, yeah, I don't think there would have been a problem if he hadn't tried to defend his claims here, since I generally don't go into the Supernatural forum.

Pseudo-Onkelos
Unless you're talking about something else, it looks like it was started here. I don't think you're really concerned about hi-jacking threads. I think you're concerned about saving your dignity, or else you wouldn't reply to people if you felt they were changing the subject of a thread like this one.
Spent a page and a half avoiding answering a question about his apparent belief of the terrible persecution witches have gone through.

Is that persecuting him, or just pointing out evidence to support your inference?

Pseudo-Onkelos
Ban is right, you must have some persecution complex.
Inorite?
Because every Muslim is an extremist out to kill your children. neutral

...Or so people apparently think. I say it's at least got a little to do with the media and a lack of actual understanding of Islam and Muslims.
vwytche

Do you really think anybody buys the way you twist things? So now I've gone from talking about something, to advising it, to actaully peddling it. What will I be doing next, shoving them down peoples throats against their will?

Care to post a link to where I do all this? Or are you just going to keep spewing unsupported bulshit you're making up?

Concerning your silver comment
vwytche
Healing does not have to mean practicing medicine. It doesn't take a doctor to know that chamomile can help you sleep, tea tree oil really cranks up the body's healing capacity, and that collotal silver is the best natural antibiotic in the world. Not that I have a shingle out or anything, but friends and family do frequently come to me for advice.

Other than that I do what everyone else does, live my life.

Your freinds and family may want a second opinion
tl;dr
Quote:
However, there are no legally marketed prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) drugs containing silver that are taken by mouth.

FDA regulates dietary supplements under a different set of standards than those that apply to drugs. For example, FDA does not approve dietary supplements or their labels before they are sold. It is unlawful for a manufacturer to represent a dietary supplement containing silver as able to prevent, diagnose, mitigate, treat, or cure any disease.

Ban already adequately addressed your apricot claims.

As for peddling

vwytche
Very sad, but not surprising. The FDA quit doing its job properly years ago. I ran a natural remedies shop for about a year, and I could tell you stories. But all you have to do is look at number of meds getting pulled of the shelves within a couple years of approval due to side effects that weren't shown in the initial testing. Mean while what was the FDA doing? Making it illegal to sell dried apricot pits in the US.

Couple this with the fact that you gave "medical advice" to friends and family, it's not to hard to make the connection that you probably did recommend these toxic substances to people in need.

Finally yes you do have a persecution complex.
I don't hate them.

Dangerous Lunatic

People don't /hate/ muslims. Racists hate another race to theirs. Also, anyone that hates all Muslims is plain dumb. There's the small groups of Islam that most people hate, as they hurt their fellow Muslims and plan terror attacks.
I don't personally, and in fact upon studying the religion, I find it quite beautiful. But in the case of many others, I just think it's ignorance.

It's because North American media portrays Islam as Muslim=Terrorist.

A comedian once said something I liked about it. Funny, but factual.

He said when we interview a Muslim, we don't interview a person in power or even an ordinary citizen; we interview someone crazy. It's a little like asking a person in the KKK for their views and then broadcasting it to the world as the face of America.

Chatty Flatterer

I have an especially potent hatred for the religion because of how they treat their women. I disdain all religions but this one a bit more for that reason.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

People look for any reason to hate so they have something to do. Name something that no one hates.

User ImageUser Image

Eloquent Streaker

- 9/11 and other terrorist attacks

- being members of a religion that isn't Christianity

- racism (most Muslims tend to be African or Middle Eastern)

- media portrayal (i.e.how every show that involves terrorism has Muslims as the villain)

- the fact that Islam is no better or worse than Christianity, and is neither the religion of extreme violence that the West claims nor the religion of peace and tolerance that Muslims claim (my reason for disliking it)

Take your pick.

Sugary Cat

Good well.. Where to start....

Women rights
Quote:
YUSUFALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
Source

Quote:
YUSUFALI: And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.
Source

Quote:
Narrated Abu Bakra:

During the battle of Al-Jamal, Allah benefited me with a Word (I heard from the Prophet). When the Prophet heard the news that the people of the Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said, "Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler."
Source

Non believers
Quote:
YUSUFALI: "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
PICKTHAL: As for those who disbelieve I shall chastise them with a heavy chastisement in the world and the Hereafter; and they will have no helpers.
SHAKIR: Then as to those who disbelieve, I will chastise them with severe chastisement in this world and the hereafter, and they shall have no helpers.
Source

I can keep going on about what is quoted in that book. But ofcourse 'I take things out of context' rolleyes . I quoted the whole verses and I added the source, prove me wrong that that stuff isn't in there. Besides that theres also this:
Website 1
Website 2
and...
Website 3

I can just keep on going and posting why I hate the islamic faith, but I think this pretty much covers it. Before anyone starts complaining that Christianity is bad aswell; I give a rats a**. I am not Christian.
Unnoticed Person
Or just why do people hate Muslim? Or just Islam?
People kept calling them ''Terrorists'' while they're not.

Explain why?

I pity my friend and she wants to know why people do so.
Why do people hate Islam.
She follows the the Islam rule; she fasts, she pray. She covers herself. She's very pure and nice.

The last thing you should feel for your friend is pity.

And islamaphobia? Thats just something the western world came up with for an excuse to be racist. Its also a new word that "Christians" can use for something they have been doing since the time of the bible; Hating anyone and everyone that doesnt worship your God.

I love how people really think just because the "Taliban" was in Afganistan, all muslums follow their rules. Tell that to the children whos lives they ruined.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
MiameMiame
Good well.. Where to start....

Women rights
Quote:
YUSUFALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
Source

Quote:
YUSUFALI: And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.
Source

Quote:
Narrated Abu Bakra:

During the battle of Al-Jamal, Allah benefited me with a Word (I heard from the Prophet). When the Prophet heard the news that the people of the Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said, "Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler."
Source

Non believers
Quote:
YUSUFALI: "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
PICKTHAL: As for those who disbelieve I shall chastise them with a heavy chastisement in the world and the Hereafter; and they will have no helpers.
SHAKIR: Then as to those who disbelieve, I will chastise them with severe chastisement in this world and the hereafter, and they shall have no helpers.
Source

I can keep going on about what is quoted in that book. But ofcourse 'I take things out of context' rolleyes . I quoted the whole verses and I added the source, prove me wrong that that stuff isn't in there. Besides that theres also this:
Website 1
Website 2
and...
Website 3

I can just keep on going and posting why I hate the islamic faith, but I think this pretty much covers it. Before anyone starts complaining that Christianity is bad aswell; I give a rats a**. I am not Christian.

And what's wrong with any of that?

You chose pretty tame verse in regards to non-believers, there are many many more explicit ones to choose from.

Salaam

Beloved Knight

6,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Unnoticed Person
Or just why do people hate Muslim? Or just Islam?
People kept calling them ''Terrorists'' while they're not.

Explain why?

I pity my friend and she wants to know why people do so.
Why do people hate Islam.
She follows the the Islam rule; she fasts, she pray. She covers herself. She's very pure and nice.

..correction.

People dont hate muslims..

Idiots hate an entire people on behalf of the actions of other idiots.. Love is the key to religion and is the most powerful emotion.. Love can overcome all things. Yet men and woman forfeit that for a lesser more easily atained emotion.. Hate..

Muslims are a people I could appreciate.. My bloodline consists of Hindu heritage although I am a mutt by trade. However the way the woman are treated in some cases makes me angry. I chalk it up to the basic fear a man has to an intelligent woman.. Then she may realize that she can do better without him and more focus on the Lord.

I honestly find the "There are virgins awaiting you when you die!!" after a successful suicide bombing rather the baiting words for a total idiot..

But I do not hold this against an entire people..

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Haha Coffee
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
Lucky~9~Lives
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
They use their religion as an excuse for violence and the values of their religion is based on oppression and fear.

How are the values of Islam based on oppression and fear?
if a woman reveals a part of her body, like an ankle or her face, she is stoned,

This doesn't even happen in Afghanistan

Really?
In 2002 officers from the Saudi Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice forced 15 girls back into a burning building because they were incorrectly attired to be outdoors.

And more recently a teen beauty pageant entrant was stoned to death in Ukraine for being immodest.

It happens quite often and no amount of airbrushing over it will cover it up.
And until moderate Muslims stop pretending it does not happen it will keep happening.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff