• Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche

That would require that both sides are at least some what well versed in certain historical and sociological aspects. Your question, "Wicca had a turn?" implies that you are not. If you were you have known to what I am reffering w/o asking. Therefore I don't see anything constructive coming from such a debate.

If you had just expressed curiosity I would have been more than happy to expand, however a desire to debate about issues you admit to knowing little about leads me to believe that you are just fishing for something to disagree with.

Sorry if I'm reading it wrong, but one must follow one's own instincts. I'm not willing to risk sparking an off topic conflict on some one else's thread.

You can PM me if you like and we can pursue it there.
I express debate as this is a debate forum, and those who do not wish to debate are those who feel threatened by the views opposing those they define themselves as. Also your view that I do not know the history and historicy of wicca is unfounded. I know enough. I also know the history of the British isles.

Debate is how we learn, those who do not debate are consigned to ignorance.

No, this is a discussion forum. I am here to have discussions, not debates, and certainly not pointless arguments. Thank you for catagorizing me as ignorant for not wishing to continue with you. Obviously anyone that is not willing to listen to you, or discuss with you must be ignorant. Well, I guess I must just be ignorant. Enjoy your false feeling of superiority.
debate is never pointless, and ignorance is not an insult.

I presume you know how to send a PM.

yes why?

B/c i said quite some time back that if you wanted to pursue this that you were welcome to PM me rather than spam someone else's thread with off topic personal discussion. I'm not sure why you have declined to do so.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche

No, this is a discussion forum. I am here to have discussions, not debates, and certainly not pointless arguments. Thank you for catagorizing me as ignorant for not wishing to continue with you. Obviously anyone that is not willing to listen to you, or discuss with you must be ignorant. Well, I guess I must just be ignorant. Enjoy your false feeling of superiority.

yes why?

B/c i said quite some time back that if you wanted to pursue this that you were welcome to PM me rather than spam someone else's thread with off topic personal discussion. I'm not sure why you have declined to do so.
I do not PM.

Questionable Shapeshifter

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche

yes why?

I do not PM.

Then we are done, b/c I try not to spam.

Jeering Regular

vwytche
Not the topic of the thread. If you people want to troll me would would please do the OP a faver and just PM me instead of threadjacking?
Am I trolling you? It's not my intention. The OP doesn't seem to be making any comment, but she is free to discuss it with me if she likes. I'm sure she's a big girl who can deal with her own problems.

vwytche
Or wouldn't there be any point w/o an audience?
Well, if you publicly post something that is misinformed as authoritative (which it appears you did), and the public concerned can be rather credulous/undecided/likely to take random person's word as truth (which, given we're on the Internet, is pretty much the case), then discussing it with you privately does sort of miss the point. Or at least my point.

Adored Admirer

So, this thread turned from why people hate Islam to why vwytche cannot be trusted. Oh, goodness. Now I am reminded of this parody.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Ban
vwytche
Not the topic of the thread. If you people want to troll me would would please do the OP a faver and just PM me instead of threadjacking?
Am I trolling you? It's not my intention. The OP doesn't seem to be making any comment, but she is free to discuss it with me if she likes. I'm sure she's a big girl who can deal with her own problems.

vwytche
Or wouldn't there be any point w/o an audience?
Well, if you publicly post something that is misinformed as authoritative (which it appears you did), and the public concerned can be rather credulous/undecided/likely to take random person's word as truth (which, given we're on the Internet, is pretty much the case), then discussing it with you privately does sort of miss the point. Or at least my point.

Appears I did? You don't seem to have a problem taking a random persons word for the fact that I did so, which I did not.

If you think I have done something that presents a danger to other members, than by all means, n** off and report me for it post haste. I made mention of the FDA attempting to legally restrict access in America of apricot pits, and posted some links to articles on the matter. If you can prove I did anything more, or anything potentially harmful, then do so. Otherwise take your baseless accusations and bugger off.
Guys, guys. Why don't you just start trolling? You'd all be much happier.

Jeering Regular

vwytche
Appears I did? You don't seem to have a problem taking a random persons word for the fact that I did so, which I did not.
I'm looking at your words. You are saying misinformed things as if they were authoritative. For example:
vwytche
The official story is that they contain a trace amount of arsenic. Basically, if someone were to sit down and eat a bushel of the things it could poison them. That's the official story. What the FDA didn't tell the general public is that apricot pits contain vitamin B 17. B 17 was proving to be so affective in the treatment of some cancers that the drug manufacturers were actually starting to see a signifgant drop in the cancer drug profits.
This is misinformed. There is no arsenic in apricot seeds. That was never an official story. Also, the fact that laetrile is derived from apricot pits was well known. Saying "the FDA didn't tell the general public" is incorrect, because that was their reason for banning the substance. In addition, laetrile has never been found to be effective in the treatment of cancers, nor is it a vitamin. It was labelled as "Vitamin B17" by Ernst T. Krebs, Jr. as an attempt to get around regulation.

I don't actually know if there was any drop in profit for Big Pharma. I do know that the quacks and snake oil salesmen who sold this s**t to desperate and scared cancer patients saw quite a lot of profit.

vwytche
If you think I have done something that presents a danger to other members, than by all means, n** off and report me for it post haste. I made mention of the FDA attempting to legally restrict access in America of apricot pits, and posted some links to articles on the matter.
The FDA restricted laetrile, which, again, is amagdyline, a substance found in apricot pits, along with the seeds of many other fruits. Also, glancing at your articles, I notice neither are by actual doctors. One claims to be a homeopath, and another by a "truth warrior" who rants about vaccines and the "medical mafia" and so on.

Neither of which is against the Terms of Service, to my knowledge, and I really don't report people anyway. At least not for being gullible. I would never have any time to actually post if I did things that way.

vwytche
If you can prove I did anything more, or anything potentially harmful, then do so. Otherwise take your baseless accusations and bugger off.
When did I say harmful? I said misinformed. You seem to be misapprehending my purpose.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Ban
vwytche
I'm looking at your words. You are saying misinformed things as if they were authoritative. For example:
vwytche
The official story is that they contain a trace amount of arsenic. Basically, if someone were to sit down and eat a bushel of the things it could poison them. That's the official story. What the FDA didn't tell the general public is that apricot pits contain vitamin B 17. B 17 was proving to be so affective in the treatment of some cancers that the drug manufacturers were actually starting to see a signifgant drop in the cancer drug profits.
This is misinformed. There is no arsenic in apricot seeds. That was never an official story. Also, the fact that laetrile is derived from apricot pits was well known. Saying "the FDA didn't tell the general public" is incorrect, because that was their reason for banning the substance. In addition, laetrile has never been found to be effective in the treatment of cancers, nor is it a vitamin. It was labelled as "Vitamin B17" by Ernst T. Krebs, Jr. as an attempt to get around regulation.

I don't actually know if there was any drop in profit for Big Pharma. I do know that the quacks and snake oil salesmen who sold this s**t to desperate and scared cancer patients saw quite a lot of profit.

vwytche
If you think I have done something that presents a danger to other members, than by all means, n** off and report me for it post haste. I made mention of the FDA attempting to legally restrict access in America of apricot pits, and posted some links to articles on the matter.
The FDA restricted laetrile, which, again, is amagdyline, a substance found in apricot pits, along with the seeds of many other fruits. Also, glancing at your articles, I notice neither are by actual doctors. One claims to be a homeopath, and another by a "truth warrior" who rants about vaccines and the "medical mafia" and so on.

Neither of which is against the Terms of Service, to my knowledge, and I really don't report people anyway. At least not for being gullible. I would never have any time to actually post if I did things that way.

vwytche
If you can prove I did anything more, or anything potentially harmful, then do so. Otherwise take your baseless accusations and bugger off.
When did I say harmful? I said misinformed. You seem to be misapprehending my purpose.

ooooooh You're right. I made a mistake a accidently typed the name of one toxin rather than another! And I answered another member's question about apricot pits in a simple boiled down format rather than using a bunch of complex medical and legal jargon she probably wouldn't have been interested in. And...and then I posted a couple of links to articles that are available to anyone one on the internet that cares to search for them, in the SAME post that I said that my information on the matter was pretty dated and that I didn't know for sure where things stood.

MY GOD! I'M A MONSTER! I SHOULD BE PUBLICALLY FLOGGED AND BURNED AT THE STAKE!

Whatever, dude, like I said, either report me or STFU! You could easily said some thing to me at the time, on that thread instead of bringing it up here to spam someone else's. One can only wonder why you chose to address this in this manner.
*shrug* I think most Muslims are very honorable and worthy of respect. The thing I appreciate about Islam is the emphasis on submitting ones self to God and his will. This, as opposed to a lot of Christian churces (which I do still love in many cases) where emphasis may often be placed on how we change our interpretation of God's will to adjust to the modern world. I can understand and respect the idea of God being a sole authority, and even the authority (however limited or invested) in his prophets. But I have a much harder time investing much faith in any given person's authority to make modern day decisions about which parts of God's laws should remain in effect, and which ones should not. Of course this beings up the age old argument of whether or not many of them are God's laws, or merely the laws of man. But in many cases it is made clear in presentation. If God commanded it, I see an issue with reconciliation. If it was never commanded by God, but put into law, perhaps it is more reaonable to make adjustment. However, many Muslims have done well in demonstrating how to live successfully in today's world, while not discarding the virtues and responsibilities of their faith. I know even Muslims struggle with what laws need to be upheld and which ones may no longer apply. Of course at which point, I'm sure that's between them and God.

But as a whole Muslims and Islam are very beautiful. Even just studying the life of Muhammed prior to his interactions with Gabriel adds a richness and vital understanding.

Jeering Regular

vwytche
ooooooh You're right. I made a mistake a accidently typed the name of one toxin rather than another!
The other toxin being cyanide, perhaps, which they also don't contain?

vwytche
And I answered another member's question about apricot pits in a simple boiled down format rather than using a bunch of complex medical and legal jargon she probably wouldn't have been interested in.
You brought up the FDA "[m]aking it illegal to sell dried apricot pits" (untrue by the way, you simply can't sell them as a phony cancer treatment), and proceeded to set up a strawman based on a fundamentally incorrect assumption, that the FDA banned a harmless substance that could treat cancer because of pressure from Big Pharma. That's not "boiled down," that's being factually inaccurate.

vwytche
And...and then I posted a couple of links to articles that are available to anyone one on the internet that cares to search for them, in the SAME post that I said that my information on the matter was pretty dated and that I didn't know for sure where things stood.
You posted links that clearly supported your position about it all being a collusion between the FDA and Big Pharma, rather than any sort of neutral source.

Also, being dated doesn't really matter, since this is all old news. Laetrile got banned back in the 70s. There's no new information. It's still dangerous, it still doesn't cure cancer, and there's still quacks trying to sell it.

vwytche
MY GOD! I'M A MONSTER! I SHOULD BE PUBLICALLY FLOGGED AND BURNED AT THE STAKE!
You have quite the persecution complex, don't you?

vwytche
Whatever, dude, like I said, either report me or STFU!
I'm sorry, do you assume that just because you're wrong, you've somehow violated the terms of service?

vwytche
You could easily said some thing to me at the time, on that thread instead of bringing it up here to spam someone else's. One can only wonder why you chose to address this in this manner.
Isn't that thread supposed to be about witches? Wouldn't it also, by your apparent definition, be "spamming" to post there?

Anyway, I come to the discussion when and where I find it.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Ban

Anyway, I come to the discussion when and where I find it.

Fine, you've said your piece and done you part to make sure that no one the forum engages in any level of casual conversation, but only ever says things that have been fact checked to the sky and submitted in triplacate.

Now, don't let me keep you. There's tons of people out there saying things that aren't 100% accurate, and making errors, and voicong their opinions, and committing typos and god knows what else. You'd best be off on your rounds before you fall behind.
vwytche
Fine, you've said your piece and done you part to make sure that no one the forum engages in any level of casual conversation, but only ever says things that have been fact checked to the sky and submitted in triplicate.

Yeah. That's the Extended Discussion forum. It kind of has standards when it comes to the material you post in it. Aren't you familiar with the forum rules, the ones you agreed to follow when you signed up for this website?

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Electric duct
vwytche
Fine, you've said your piece and done you part to make sure that no one the forum engages in any level of casual conversation, but only ever says things that have been fact checked to the sky and submitted in triplicate.

Yeah. That's the Extended Discussion forum. It kind of has standards when it comes to the material you post in it. Aren't you familiar with the forum rules, the ones you agreed to follow when you signed up for this website?

The post he had a problem with wasn't made in ED. It was made in SNF, which has no standards of any kind to speak of. His concerns could easily been addressed there, but he brought it here. Now, I am done discussing this on this thread. It has been jacked badly enough as it is. Feel free to turn it into some slam fest against me. I will not be participating.

Greedy Consumer

why do people hate anything is a better question. Or even why people hate people is better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff