Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Smoker

Sora Uzuma
Lucky~9~Lives
Sora Uzuma
Read the bible!

The end.
:l

Im pretty sure the Bible is longer than that.
- sweatdrop

Ikr? XD
The end means fight the fighting.
Kinda sad that people are still fighting this to this day.
They should just read the bible.
You either agree or disagree with the bible.
I don't accept that bibliocentric worldview. The bible agrees or disagrees with me, because personally, I don't give a crap what it has to say on this or any subject.
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
Homosexuality in humans is not necessarily normal or natural because it can be found elsewhere.
True, but it certainly strengthens the case, especially considering that all of our closest relatives in the animal kingdom display homosexual behavior.
Let us ignore the display of the behavior and jump directly to genetics. We do know that sheep can be altered as can fruit flies to have homosexual wiring so while it may be a natural mutation it is still not exactly normal in any given population that doesn't inherently thrive on this principle. Humans definitely do not. It is a question however of it's natural elements in genetic variation since we claim to have, as a species anyway, found the gay gene. We've not seemingly done anything with it though. Now whether this is true or not is up the air.
Sora Uzuma
Lucky~9~Lives
Sora Uzuma
Read the bible!

The end.

- sweatdrop

Ikr? XD

Well, how bout you get the verses you think are worth it, the multiple translations of said verses just in case you think one of the English verses out weighs the others, and for shits and giggles, how bout you learn that telling people to read the bible in the ED is not worth a s**t unless you are prepared to back it up. Now go along, you read the bible.
Existing in nature = Natural
Homosexuality = Existing in nature
Homosexuality = Natural

Familiar Smoker

Derek Gibson
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
Homosexuality in humans is not necessarily normal or natural because it can be found elsewhere.
True, but it certainly strengthens the case, especially considering that all of our closest relatives in the animal kingdom display homosexual behavior.
Let us ignore the display of the behavior and jump directly to genetics. We do know that sheep can be altered as can fruit flies to have homosexual wiring so while it may be a natural mutation it is still not exactly normal in any given population that doesn't inherently thrive on this principle. Humans definitely do not. It is a question however of it's natural elements in genetic variation since we claim to have, as a species anyway, found the gay gene. We've not seemingly done anything with it though. Now whether this is true or not is up the air.
Understand that not everything we are is up to genetics alone, genetics are important but so is environment, in fact it makes little if any sense to separate the two as environment can effect which genes are expressed. Also understand that just because a behavior is abnormal (meaning that it deviates from the norm) it is not therefore bad. It's also worth noting that simply because a behavior is natural, it is not therefore morally acceptable, that's a different conversation entirely.
deadmanjay
Sora Uzuma
Lucky~9~Lives
Sora Uzuma
Read the bible!

The end.

- sweatdrop

Ikr? XD

Well, how bout you get the verses you think are worth it, the multiple translations of said verses just in case you think one of the English verses out weighs the others, and for shits and giggles, how bout you learn that telling people to read the bible in the ED is not worth a s**t unless you are prepared to back it up. Now go along, you read the bible.
Oh sorry. Dont speak trolls.
._.
I have all the info. So yea.
Sora Uzuma

Cute. So, admitting that you don't know much eh? I thought so. Nice try at ad homing me. It's like, no one has ever called me that before. You really are the first.

Sora Uzuma

So CB lets you cry and call everyone a troll and you don't have to back up anything right? Once again, I am correct.
deadmanjay
Sora Uzuma

Cute. So, admitting that you dont know much eh? I thought so. Nice try at ad homing me. Its like, no one has ever called me that before. You really are the first.

Sora Uzuma

So CB lets you cry and call everyone a troll and you dont have to back up anything right? Once again, I am correct.
Like I say, Im in fact a kid...teen.
If you keep on fighting, it will start getting pointless. So who is the one getting owned? razz
The end.
vwytche

Mention my name, you'll get at least a dozen people hating you right off. lol

Couldn't possibly be because everything you say in every thread is seriously. ********. Annoying.

Newbie Noob

6,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ignorant people say homosexuality isn't natural. Since I didn't see anyone respond back to the post that completely destroys the people arguing that it isn't natural I think this thread is done with the issue.
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
Understand that not everything we are is up to genetics alone, genetics are important but so is environment, in fact it makes little if any sense to separate the two as environment can effect which genes are expressed. Also understand that just because a behavior is abnormal (meaning that it deviates from the norm) it is not therefore bad. It's also worth noting that simply because a behavior is natural, it is not therefore morally acceptable, that's a different conversation entirely.
I have never seen anything that expresses that homosexuality as humans define it is a by-product or even effected by environment. As for the rest dealing with what is good or bad and what abnormal entails these are different conversations. For where it stands I would like to see reason not to separate environment from genetics in this case: the case for humans.

Familiar Smoker

Derek Gibson
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
I have never seen anything that expresses that homosexuality as humans define it is a by-product or even effected by environment. As for the rest dealing with what is good or bad and what abnormal entails these are different conversations. For where it stands I would like to see reason not to separate environment from genetics in this case: the case for humans.
There is most certainly a genetic component in homosexuality, however almost nothing is genetically predetermined. If homosexuality WAS genetically predetermined we would expect certain things, like we would expect identical twins (who share the exact same genetic code) to both be homosexual, if one of them is, 100% of the time. However that is not what we see, what we see is that when one identical twin is homosexual, the other is homosexual 70% of the time. Meaning that there almost certainly IS a strong genetic component, but it is not genetically predetermined, and if it's not genetically predetermined, then environment has an effect on it.
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
There is most certainly a genetic component in homosexuality, however almost nothing is genetically predetermined. If homosexuality WAS genetically predetermined we would expect certain things, like we would expect identical twins (who share the exact same genetic code) to both be homosexual, if one of them is, 100% of the time. However that is not what we see, what we see is that when one identical twin is homosexual, the other is homosexual 70% of the time. Meaning that there almost certainly IS a strong genetic component, but it is not genetically predetermined, and if it's not genetically predetermined, then environment has an effect on it.
The problem with your argument is that you've made an error in how identical twins work. Splitting from the same egg can and does lead to errors thus why in some cases of identical twins you have one with a defect and one without. The defect is definitely genetic not at all environmental. You'd best avoid trying to use examples like these if you do not have complete understanding of what you are saying unless of course you can explain this away? Regardless why not just get something that has a direct statement supporting your position rather than speculating yourself and shooting in the dark?

Familiar Smoker

Derek Gibson
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
TANRailgun
Derek Gibson
The problem with your argument is that you've made an error in how identical twins work. Splitting from the same egg can and does lead to errors thus why in some cases of identical twins you have one with a defect and one without. The defect is definitely genetic not at all environmental. You'd best avoid trying to use examples like these if you do not have complete understanding of what you are saying unless of course you can explain this away? Regardless why not just get something that has a direct statement supporting your position rather than speculating yourself and shooting in the dark?
Ok:
And that's just what I found in 5 min of googling. I have not read one study out there on the subject of homosexuality that suggests it is purely genetic, but almost all agree upon genetic components along with environmental influences in utero. If you have any studies who claim differently, please share them.
We arn't animals-it is unnatural-its an evolution killer in men; you can't reproduce.. This makes me more upset-

Can you explain to me why this gay marriage thing is getting shoved down our throats? I don't shove the bible down your throats.
http://thisismarriage.wordpress.com/2010/09/24/70-americans-oppose-gay-marriage-poll-says/
http://americansfortruth.com/2012/02/19/medical-records-reveal-diseases-and-maladies-associated-with-gay-sex-and-homosexual-behavior/#more-10911

Gay fascism
http://americansfortruth.com/2011/03/03/homosexual-activists-target-jim-walder-illinois-b-b-owner-for-denying-civil-unions-ceremony/
http://home.insightbb.com/~cathiadenham2/Facts on Homosexuality/Homosexuality -- 18.htm

Gays target schools
http://americansfortruth.com/issues/youth-and-schools/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas