• Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
vwytche
rolleyes You know what's unatural? Being odsessed with what other people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms. Homophobe bible thumpers think about gay sex more than gay people do. confused

But it's not just in the privacy of there own homes.
It's public displays of affection on the street, it's homosexual content in literature and media.
It's them looking to gain equal rights in marriage and civil law.

It's so much more than just what two people do in a room.
And none of it physically involves you. Yet many think its ok to tell them what to do.

Seeing is a physical act.
you can look away if it bothers you.

It doesn't bother me.

That doesn't mean it's something that's just going on in the privacy of there own homes though.

It's that incorrect statement im objecting to, not the sinful act.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
vwytche
rolleyes You know what's unatural? Being odsessed with what other people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms. Homophobe bible thumpers think about gay sex more than gay people do. confused

It's public displays of affection on the street, it's homosexual content in literature and media.

And none of it physically involves you. Yet many think its ok to tell them what to do.

It doesn't bother me.

That doesn't mean it's something that's just going on in the privacy of there own homes though.

I don't think its a literal statement.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues

It doesn't bother me.

Always seemed very literal to me and in every instance of it's use.

Questionable Shapeshifter

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Haha Coffee
vwytche
Haha Coffee
vwytche

So what? People need to realize the world does not exsist to please them. Change the channel if you don't like it. Just how far are we supposed to go to try and make sure that no one ever sees anything they don't want to see?

If two gay men are being affectionate in public there's nothing making anyone sit there and stare at them. No one is requiring anyone to look at any gay liturature or media. And two people getting married doesn't affect anyone but the two people involved, so what is everyone squawking about?

This is just the stigma about interfaith and interacial relationships all over again. Why can't the human race grow the zark up?

Social norms

Screw social norms.

rolleyes Nothing must change. Everythings perfect just the way it is. (sarcasm)

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues

It doesn't bother me.

Well, if you want to get LITERAL, the Bible says "for one man to lie w/ another as he would w/ a woman". It doesn't say anything about holding hands and kissing, so that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Now LMS, what WAS it that Judus betrayed Jesus with. confused Taking things too literally, and trying to impose imlied meanings is exactly where we get into so much trouble with this whole issue. TY for pointing that out.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues

It doesn't bother me.

Well, if you want to get LITERAL, the Bible says "for one man to lie w/ another as he would w/ a woman". It doesn't say anything about holding hands and kissing, so that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Now LMS, what WAS it that Judus betrayed Jesus with. confused Taking things too literally, and trying to impose imlied meanings is exactly where we get into so much trouble with this whole issue. TY for pointing that out.
Wtf, I was defending what you said...

2,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Fermionic
Jfigu1008
Fermionic
Jfigu1008
Fermionic

I retract that last sentence. It goes against a trend.

So as far as reproduction goes, it's unnatural? I mean, it would have to be as far as reproduction goes...

And could you please address my last paragraph? I mean, if your not sure then that's ok. There's a world of information I can get through other means.

The human mind is a complicated thing that people do not understand. That is the answer. We do not know, and we should not make bold and degrading claims about people who do not describe themselves as heterosexual, based on the fact that we have no clear idea why.

A bold statement to me would be to say that I were a female if I were physically male. Just because I feel like a girl doesn't automatically make me one. I know that may sound offensive but I have a hard time understanding how this logic holds itself up.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but this is what I observe. A man say's on the inside he is a woman because of several factors (as with most things, it's a combination of reasons), but these factors are dependant on ones own feelings (objective), and what is culturally implied (barbie=girl, batman=boy). But if a person uses these to justify what gender they think they are, then isn't it just a claim based off of subjectivity and cultural implication and nothing more? If this is true, then these claims don't hold much weight. They are purely subjective.

Please don't be offended. I am inclined to seek to the bottom of the barrel. What do you think?

It would be a nonsense for you to expect an objective answer concerning one's own feelings, would it not? Impossible, really. You will never feel how these people feel, that they don't relate to gender-roles and gender-specific notions.
If I am to be truthful, I do not relate to male characteristics as implied by society, in any way at all.
When someone says, " I am a girl on the inside", what else do you think that they are insinuating to other than cultural stereotypes and perceptions? How can they relate to anything else?
The short answer is; they can't. There is no objective way of looking at this by it's very nature. As there is no manner for you to tell these people that they are wrong.

I saw your reply yesterday and gave thought to it. It's a fair answer.

I suppose I should stop trying to understand why they feel what they feel. It's probably impossible to get a good idea. But the not-knowing aspect of it will bother me. Thanks for your input. Discussions like these give me hope that people in this community have manners, a sense of integrity, and fairness.

I grew up around the LGBT community. It's too bad that my first impression was a very rude one. I'll need time to see how much I'll warm up to it.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues

It doesn't bother me.

Wtf, I was defending what you said...

I know, I was expanding on it.

Sorry if it came across as directed at you. It wasn't.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues

It doesn't bother me.

Your right, the Bible doesnt' say anything about that.

Luckily the Qur'an and the Hadith do...as a Muslim, that's what id be following.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
vwytche
Haha Coffee
vwytche
Haha Coffee
vwytche

So what? People need to realize the world does not exsist to please them. Change the channel if you don't like it. Just how far are we supposed to go to try and make sure that no one ever sees anything they don't want to see?

If two gay men are being affectionate in public there's nothing making anyone sit there and stare at them. No one is requiring anyone to look at any gay liturature or media. And two people getting married doesn't affect anyone but the two people involved, so what is everyone squawking about?

This is just the stigma about interfaith and interacial relationships all over again. Why can't the human race grow the zark up?

Social norms

Screw social norms.

rolleyes Nothing must change. Everythings perfect just the way it is. (sarcasm)

In some instances yes.
in others instances, no.

I think until very recently the societal attitude towards Homosexuality was correct.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Haha Coffee
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee
The Catfish Blues

It doesn't bother me.

Luckily the Qur'an and the Hadith do...as a Muslim, that's what id be following.

Point taken, but that still doesn't make it unatural. It doesn'r make it anyone else's business but the people involved. And it's still prettycreepy to be overly concerned with the sexual activities of total strangers.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
vwytche
Haha Coffee
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
Haha Coffee

It doesn't bother me.

Point taken, but that still doesn't make it unatural.
Didn't comment on that.
Quote:
It doesn'r make it anyone else's business but the people involved
Id argue that, as a Muslim it's my business to make sure that myself and yes, even the people around me follow God's law to the best of there ability, and to try and create a society and a culture that is Halal and good in a nature that corosponds to Islam.

So it is my business.

Quote:
And it's still prettycreepy to be overly concerned with the sexual activities of total strangers.

Not really.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Haha Coffee
vwytche
Haha Coffee
vwytche
The Catfish Blues

Point taken, but that still doesn't make it unatural.
Didn't comment on that.
Quote:
It doesn'r make it anyone else's business but the people involved
Id argue that, as a Muslim it's my business to make sure that myself and yes, even the people around me follow God's law to the best of there ability, and to try and create a society and a culture that is Halal and good in a nature that corosponds to Islam.

So it is my business.

Quote:
And it's still prettycreepy to be overly concerned with the sexual activities of total strangers.

Not really.

So, you regard it as your responsability to attempt to impose your religious doctrine on others, regardless of whether they are a member of your faith?
LittleBlack_Swan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teiidae

The Teiidae is a species of lizard that has two subspecies of all female or nearly all female populations. The females reproduce by parthenogenisis. To do this they have to use pseudocopulation. Or all the females have to have sex with each other.

God made lesbian lizards!!!!!!!
"Lesbian lizards," yes, but are they "lesbians" if that's how this lizard breeds, if it's nothing short of right for female lizards to have sex with one another? In any case, reptiles we are not, and even when it comes to mammals which show some homosexual behavior *we* are not those mammals and there's little saying that it's "homosexual" behavior every time we see it (dominance through humiliation is common in dogs and primates). We are Homo sapiens sapiens, so comparison with other mammals, other animals, can only go so far.

As for us, no, I don't loathe homosexuals on-spot for being attracted to the same sex. If it makes you happy and is not harming someone, cool on you. The thing is though that this doesn't mean that homosexuality is NOT abnormal in human beings. Reproduction is not "everything" of course, but person sexually attracted to something that they cannot reproduce with is nevertheless abnormal- not typical. This is not an insult (or shouldn't be); it is a fact.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff