IVovacane
Kelevra Black
IVovacane

Again with the brainwashing stuff :l lol
Oh they did die. Spiritually.
"For the wages of sin is death"

Let me ask you this. Are you just?

That's the thing you feel like...

Okay, so you brought up the flood. Don't you want all the evil people in the world to go away? Or would you like them to stay and do their thing?

Again, read my essay.
You say they died spiritually, but that is a modification of what was stated in the Bible.
God did not tell them they would die a spiritual death. He just said they would die they ate of the tree.
That is the lie.

Am I just?
Yes, as a matter of fact I am.
But that is simply my opinion of myself. But my opinion has a foundation...
My morality does not come from a book. It comes from my experience.
I treat others nicely because I recognize that I am accountable for the 6 Billion other people on this planet, and my actions affect the people around me. So I try my very hardest not to do anything that might harm another person. Sometimes I falter, I slip up, and people get hurt because of my mistakes.
But when that happens, I apologize. Not to God, but to the people that I actually wronged.
When I hurt someone, I don't ask God for forgiveness so that I can still get my mansion in the sky. I apologize to the person I hurt, and hope that they can forgive me. I don't just assume that all is well and good because Jesus died on the cross so that my sins are automatically forgiven.

My opinion is based on these experiences, and not just because "it says so in this book."

IVovacane

Okay, so you brought up the flood. Don't you want all the evil people in the world to go away? Or would you like them to stay and do their thing?

This actually makes me sick. What you said is so thoroughly disgusting and repulsive...
I would like evildoers to be punished for their evil deeds. I would like them to atone for the wrongs they have committed. If they are constant perpetrators of violent and dangerous crimes, I even believe in the death penalty, given that they have proven themselves to be a liability and a potential risk to the safety of the people around them...

... But I do NOT want the evildoers to be killed off if it means wiping out all the good people with them. If there were a serial killer in your city, would you condone the government dropping a nuke on your city, killing off EVERYONE, the good people included?
And don't you dare say there were no good people left when God flooded the Earth.
Of all the people left in the world, some were children. Some were pregnant women who could have given birth to a new generation of kind, loving, wonderful people.
If God was good, he would not have killed everyone... He would have stepped forward and found a way to teach people to be better.

Lol. No at the nuke part. Just give the serial killer the death penalty razz i
What you forget to point out is that the sins of the parents are inherited by the children. They would only follow their parent's footsteps. Just like they followed their parent's footsteps, and so on, and so on, and so on again...

“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” (Genesis 6:5, emphasis added)

Mankind’s depravity had reached a level that evil entirely permeated every part of his being. His wickedness was great- that is, his actions were wicked. Every imagination was evil - his mind was wholly corrupted. Every thought of his heart – his will, his desires, his emotions, his passions, had all become so sin stained that there remained nothing within them that was not evil. These people upon whom God poured out the Flood were not merely dabbling in sin here and there, everything that they were doing was an horrific abomination!

“The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.” (Genesis 6:11-13, emphasis added)

Lest we have any doubts, let me say that the Earth was corrupted and filled with violence! There is a linguistic device employed in Hebrew that we see throughout the Old Testament, and that is emphasis through repetition. Whenever a word or phrased is used repetitively, it indicates a stronger or greater degree of the expression. The evil depths that the people who lived before the Flood had sunk to is strongly emphasized and amplified here in verses 5, and 11-13.

In considering why God sent the Flood, we must first realize that those living upon the Earth were completely and utterly wicked beyond the hope of changing. There were no innocent bystanders caught up in the Flood; everyone was guilty of the most deplorable sinfulness. The rebellion against God that we saw taking root in Cain and his descendants had now reached a fruition that God could not overlook.

All you do is put God's means of just with human's means with just. To be specific, your view of what's just and not. A higher power down graded into a mortal view.

You claimed there was a chance of the new generation becoming good and better than the others. You are so greatly mistaken. If they were, God wouldn't have sent the flood because he is omniscent and omnipresent, all knowing and present everywhere . He knew they would never change. BECAUSE HE IS ALL KNOWING AND PRESENT EVERYWHERE.

You said a new generation of good ect ect. Gues where that generation was started from. Noah and his family.

What could they have done to deserve complete annihilation?
What could have possibly been so bad?
It never says, because despite an emphasis tool employed by the Hebrew language, the main device employed by the Bible is vagueness.

But let me just focus on the most important part of your reply. The part that is a complete contradiction.

You claimed there was a chance of the new generation becoming good and better than the others. You are so greatly mistaken. If they were, God wouldn't have sent the flood because he is omniscent and omnipresent, all knowing and present everywhere . He knew they would never change. BECAUSE HE IS ALL KNOWING AND PRESENT EVERYWHERE.

You said a new generation of good ect ect. Gues where that generation was started from. Noah and his family.

So God, the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being, who was able to harden Pharaoh's heart (essentially mind control if you look at it in context), would not have been able to teach the new generation to be better?

Do you really believe that the sins of the parents are inherited by the child?
If your father was a serial killer, would it be just and fair for the people to punish you for what he did?
My biological father was in a White Supremist gang. He even killed a few people, which he is currently being punished for in a jail in North Carolina...
However, I'm not even close to racist. I've never killed anyone.
I am kind to my fellow man, and I am a decent human being. I am compassionate and generous, and I work hard to provide for myself.

Am I guilty of the murders he committed?
Should I be punished for those as well?
Did I follow in my father's footsteps?

At the time that my father and my mother were together, my mother was addicted to meth.
However, I never did drugs. Even at a young age, I knew something was very wrong, and it was I who told my daycare teacher and had the police called to my house, which ultimately resulted in my mother going into rehab, getting clean, and going on to live a good life.

Did I follow in my parents footsteps?
I witnessed racism and drug abuse every night, but I didn't go down that path. In fact, I consciously found a way to stop it.

Are their sins my own?
Am I guilty of the atrocities they committed?

Any system that would punish me for the decisions an adult would make is immoral.

All you do is put God's means of just with human's means with just. To be specific, your view of what's just and not. A higher power down graded into a mortal view.

And why shouldn't I judge God by my mortal view?
You do.
The only difference is that you judge him as good, because you choose to ignore the bad or write it off as something we just don't understand.

If you claim we can not possibly understand God's actions, than we have to reconcile the fact that we also cannot know if God's actions are good.

But instead, you seems to believe that although we can not understand God's actions, we can clearly see when he does something good... And anything he does that seems bad is just beyond our understanding.
Again... That is called being brainwashed. If you actually believe that, you are brainwashed.
If you don't believe that, than what you are doing is purposely ignoring God's evil deeds so that his image in your mind is not tainted, and thus you are using "special pleading."

But if you take the good with the bad, and you judge both, than you are doing things right.
Saying we shouldn't even attempt to judge God because he is a higher power and we are not is basically saying, "He's stronger than us, so we have to let him get away with it."
You judge him good out of fear, because you are afraid of what he will do to you if you stand up to him... That's a little bit sad, and I feel sorry for you.

Did it mention tat one generation did wat you stated was possible? No
Apparently so bad that God sent a flood on them :l
Im sorry to hear about your parent's problems.
No, its not judging if it is fact beause God is good. I'll make tis sure beause i got a paper to work on for history day. Braiwasing again I see -_-

Proverbs 9:10 ►
New International Version (©1984)
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
http://www.gotquestions.org/fear-God.html

its okay. I feel sorry for you as well...

Dangerous Genius

IVovacane
Kelevra Black
IVovacane
Kelevra Black
IVovacane

Again with the brainwashing stuff :l lol
Oh they did die. Spiritually.
"For the wages of sin is death"

Let me ask you this. Are you just?

That's the thing you feel like...

Again, read my essay.
You say they died spiritually, but that is a modification of what was stated in the Bible.
God did not tell them they would die a spiritual death. He just said they would die they ate of the tree.
That is the lie.

Am I just?
I treat others nicely because I recognize that I am accountable for the 6 Billion other people on this planet, and my actions affect the people around me. So I try my very hardest not to do anything that might harm another person. Sometimes I falter, I slip up, and people get hurt because of my mistakes.
But when that happens, I apologize. Not to God, but to the people that I actually wronged.
When I hurt someone, I don't ask God for forgiveness so that I can still get my mansion in the sky. I apologize to the person I hurt, and hope that they can forgive me. I don't just assume that all is well and good because Jesus died on the cross so that my sins are automatically forgiven.

My opinion is based on these experiences, and not just because "it says so in this book."

IVovacane

This actually makes me sick. What you said is so thoroughly disgusting and repulsive...
I would like evildoers to be punished for their evil deeds. I would like them to atone for the wrongs they have committed. If they are constant perpetrators of violent and dangerous crimes, I even believe in the death penalty, given that they have proven themselves to be a liability and a potential risk to the safety of the people around them...

... But I do NOT want the evildoers to be killed off if it means wiping out all the good people with them. If there were a serial killer in your city, would you condone the government dropping a nuke on your city, killing off EVERYONE, the good people included?
And don't you dare say there were no good people left when God flooded the Earth.
Of all the people left in the world, some were children. Some were pregnant women who could have given birth to a new generation of kind, loving, wonderful people.
If God was good, he would not have killed everyone... He would have stepped forward and found a way to teach people to be better.

What you forget to point out is that the sins of the parents are inherited by the children. They would only follow their parent's footsteps. Just like they followed their parent's footsteps, and so on, and so on, and so on again...

“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” (Genesis 6:5, emphasis added)

Mankind’s depravity had reached a level that evil entirely permeated every part of his being. His wickedness was great- that is, his actions were wicked. Every imagination was evil - his mind was wholly corrupted. Every thought of his heart – his will, his desires, his emotions, his passions, had all become so sin stained that there remained nothing within them that was not evil. These people upon whom God poured out the Flood were not merely dabbling in sin here and there, everything that they were doing was an horrific abomination!

“The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.” (Genesis 6:11-13, emphasis added)

Lest we have any doubts, let me say that the Earth was corrupted and filled with violence! There is a linguistic device employed in Hebrew that we see throughout the Old Testament, and that is emphasis through repetition. Whenever a word or phrased is used repetitively, it indicates a stronger or greater degree of the expression. The evil depths that the people who lived before the Flood had sunk to is strongly emphasized and amplified here in verses 5, and 11-13.

In considering why God sent the Flood, we must first realize that those living upon the Earth were completely and utterly wicked beyond the hope of changing. There were no innocent bystanders caught up in the Flood; everyone was guilty of the most deplorable sinfulness. The rebellion against God that we saw taking root in Cain and his descendants had now reached a fruition that God could not overlook.

It never says, because despite an emphasis tool employed by the Hebrew language, the main device employed by the Bible is vagueness.

But let me just focus on the most important part of your reply. The part that is a complete contradiction.

So God, the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being, who was able to harden Pharaoh's heart (essentially mind control if you look at it in context), would not have been able to teach the new generation to be better?

If your father was a serial killer, would it be just and fair for the people to punish you for what he did?
My biological father was in a White Supremist gang. He even killed a few people, which he is currently being punished for in a jail in North Carolina...
I am kind to my fellow man, and I am a decent human being. I am compassionate and generous, and I work hard to provide for myself.

At the time that my father and my mother were together, my mother was addicted to meth.
However, I never did drugs. Even at a young age, I knew something was very wrong, and it was I who told my daycare teacher and had the police called to my house, which ultimately resulted in my mother going into rehab, getting clean, and going on to live a good life.

I witnessed racism and drug abuse every night, but I didn't go down that path. In fact, I consciously found a way to stop it.

Are their sins my own?

Any system that would punish me for the decisions an adult would make is immoral.

You do.
The only difference is that you judge him as good, because you choose to ignore the bad or write it off as something we just don't understand.

If you claim we can not possibly understand God's actions, than we have to reconcile the fact that we also cannot know if God's actions are good.

But instead, you seems to believe that although we can not understand God's actions, we can clearly see when he does something good... And anything he does that seems bad is just beyond our understanding.
Again... That is called being brainwashed. If you actually believe that, you are brainwashed.
If you don't believe that, than what you are doing is purposely ignoring God's evil deeds so that his image in your mind is not tainted, and thus you are using "special pleading."

But if you take the good with the bad, and you judge both, than you are doing things right.
Saying we shouldn't even attempt to judge God because he is a higher power and we are not is basically saying, "He's stronger than us, so we have to let him get away with it."
You judge him good out of fear, because you are afraid of what he will do to you if you stand up to him... That's a little bit sad, and I feel sorry for you.

No, its not judging if it is fact beause God is good. I'll make tis sure beause i got a paper to work on for history day. Braiwasing again I see -_-

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Quote:

So it is a fact that God is good, despite all the evil deeds he commits?
Yet you claim you are not brainwashed...

Thank you very much for proving me right. You are definitely brainwashed.

Adored Admirer

Kelevra Black

God is good by definition. He's good because whatever he says or does is considered good, despite his contrary actions. We are told that this god put morality upon our hearts. So it is curious as to why we see injustice from this god. If anyone has sinned, it is God.

Dangerous Genius

Pseudo-Onkelos
Kelevra Black

God is good by definition. He's good because whatever he says or does is considered good, despite his contrary actions. We are told that this god put morality upon our hearts. So it is curious as to why we see injustice from this god. If anyone has sinned, it is God.

I agree.
God has sinned against all human kind.
He basically gave us a bunch of rules and then said, "But I'm the exception to all these rules."

"Jealousy is a sin."
-- Galations 5:19-20

"The God of the Bible is a very jealous God.
-- Exodus 34:14

Ergo, God is a sinner...
I can't believe people believe this stuff.

Distinct Seeker

Kelevra Black
IVovacane
Kelevra Black
IVovacane
Kelevra Black

Again, read my essay.
That is the lie.

Am I just?

Are their sins my own?

You do.

Quote:

*facepalm*

brainwashed past participle, past tense of brain·wash

Verb Make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.

I wasn't pressured into believeing anything

Dapper Reveler

Because that is a really shallow view of God in the first place.

Dangerous Genius

Allard Kent
Pseudo-Onkelos
Kelevra Black

I find myself considering leading you into the cage of logic you created, by implying that God is evil.
but I keep telling myself. "He has to see it. He's not dense." I wonder, do you understand how illogical it is for you to deem God to be evil? Are you just being lazy with your arguments?

There is more evidence to suggest that he is evil than to suggest that he is good.
Read the Bible.

Dangerous Genius

Allard Kent
Kelevra Black
Allard Kent
Pseudo-Onkelos
Kelevra Black

I find myself considering leading you into the cage of logic you created, by implying that God is evil.
but I keep telling myself. "He has to see it. He's not dense." I wonder, do you understand how illogical it is for you to deem God to be evil? Are you just being lazy with your arguments?

There is more evidence to suggest that he is evil than to suggest that he is good.
Read the Bible.

I have. Have you?

Yes, I have.
I was a very devout Christian for most of my life.
I actually intended to become a Minister, and I sought to studying the Bible...

However, reading the Bible was ultimately what turned me to Atheism...
If you actually read it without the presupposition that everything God does is good, you'll see that God is a pretty cruel monster. And the Bible is so full of things that there are simply false, or have no secular evidence to back it up...

If you actually read the Bible and care if it is true, the complete lack of evidence that supports it is something that you can't just shrug off as "trick of the devil" or a "test of faith"...
Those are just pathetic arguments. I'm not saying that is what you are saying. But the Bible has almost zero evidence to back it up...
And even if you believe it is true, the God of the Bible commits more atrocities than Satan, who is supposed to be the ultimate evil.

Adored Admirer

Allard Kent

I didn't imply. His actions are clearly heinous and only a fool would do anything in his power to defend such atrocities. Try reading the Bible objectively some time. That was one of the things that painfully helped me leave Christianity.

Adored Admirer

Allard Kent
I think you don't truly understand the difference between God and a Human. otherwise you wouldn't think the wisdom of man is more than the wisdom of God, or that something with finite understanding, can discern enough more. between the concepts of Good and Evil, than one with Infinite knowledge.

You can philosophy and posture all you want, but that is what it boils down too.
How can you Judge someone, and not know the entirety of the law. You can't- you wouldn't be qualified.

Job 38:1-3, KJV
1.Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2.Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

3.Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

Your god has said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil." (Gen. 3:22) He makes no distinction between what he knows of good and evil and what humans know of what is good and evil. I judge your god by his very knowledge of good and evil, and I say of your god that he is not good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff