Welcome to Gaia! ::

PlasmaTsukasa
Azarel87
Lunar Faeri
Azarel87
My friend would have to go lesbo or something, i'm in love with her.
That would have to be the stupidest reason I have ever heard.

Apparently you've never been in love with someone. She means the world to me, I ain't got no one else! crying

Er, how old are you, 6? 7, mayhaps? Grow up, and trust in the fact there are many more out there to see past one person.

Yeah, that's what I thought, you haven't. One in a million bud, one in a million. blaugh
Lunar Faeri
Azarel87
Lunar Faeri
Azarel87

Apparently you've never been in love with someone. She means the world to me, I ain't got no one else! crying
So you would commit suicide because you are against their happiness therefor probably loading them with guilt. Extremely selfish for one thing.

No guilt I would leave a note expressing that it isn't her fault, I will always love her, but I am mentally unstable. Suicide is selfish, but I cannot deal with my emotions.
Menamaru
Azarel87
Lunar Faeri
Azarel87

That's very sweet. sweatdrop But hey you do know that she doesn't have to lesbo, she could just get married or hook up with someone.

That's true, but that would mess me up the most, rather tragic personal experience you see.
Courage.
I don't need a reason - I have many which I don't want to discuss.
All I need is the courage to be selfish and leave behind those I live for, all I need is the courage to slice open my wrists. That's all. That or if Extended Discussion gets removed from Gaia to make room for more chatterbox threads.
Frog-dancer
Courage.
I don't need a reason - I have many which I don't want to discuss.
All I need is the courage to be selfish and leave behind those I live for, all I need is the courage to slice open my wrists. That's all. That or if Extended Discussion gets removed from Gaia to make room for more chatterbox threads.

Courage, really doubt it. Too focused on how much everything hurts to see much beyond that.
Azarel87
Lunar Faeri
Azarel87
Lunar Faeri
Azarel87

So you would commit suicide because you are against their happiness therefor probably loading them with guilt. Extremely selfish for one thing.

No guilt I would leave a note expressing that it isn't her fault, I will always love her, but I am mentally unstable. Suicide is selfish, but I cannot deal with my emotions.

Wow that sounds idiotic.. People's hearts are broken fairly often, you deal with it and move on, you shouldn't go throwing your life away. There is such a thing as falling in love twice in your life, and writing her a note like that just makes it sound even more selfish.

Anyways, I'm not sure what would have to happen to me to commit suicide... If someone in my family killed themselves I might be driven to such a point just because I'd be wondering if it was something I did, etc..
well nothing can make me commit suicide unless you cout giving your life for your friends i would do anything 4 God,Jesus,HolyGhost,the Angels,family and friends but i would give my life for someone i dont even know with no hesitation.
Wow, guys. Yeah, I know people who commit suicide think they're a burden on their family and friends and all, and that they're doing them a favor, but they're WRONG. Trust me.

First of all, whether you leave a note or not, somebody's going to feel guilty, most likely more than one person. When a classmate of mine committed suicide, I didn't even know him or like him, but I still felt guilty. I thought, "If I had reached out to him more, would he have still done it?" Now I look back on it and realize that was a ridiculous thing to think, but you'd be surprised at how many people would feel guilty.

Secondly, think of the impact it would have on people around you. Friends and family are supposed to be burdens on one another. That's a given. But the idea is, even if you're a burden on them, they can be a burden on you. Friends and family are all about sharing the burdens you have. That's what makes them so wonderful. Most people would go crazy if they didn't have friends or family. And I know that if one of my friends were to commit suicide, not only would I be devastated, but I'd obsess over whether or not they'd gone to Hell. That's a horrible thing to be thinking about when someone you love has died. Especially when I'm hearing all these Christians and Muslims saying that if you're not one of them, you'll go to Hell...most of my friends aren't even religious, and the thought of them in Hell would drive me over the edge. I'd become EXTREMELY unstable, and while I doubt I'd really commit suicide, I'd be really miserable for a very, very long time.

Third of all, if nothing else does it, then think of the person who finds your body. I've never found a dead body, but I know people who have, and it is a HORRIBLE thing, something that will haunt you for years. Would you really want to leave someone with something like that? Would you really want to traumatize the people you love for years on end, leave an image on their minds that they may never get over?

In the end, I think suicide is a very selfish thing to do, although the person doing it isn't necessarily selfish, nor are they doing it out of selfishness. It's like saying "Goddammit" or something. You're not saying it with the intention of curing God, but in many religions, it's still blasphemy. I know that was a lame comparison, but it was the best I could think of at the time.

99.99999% of the time, suicide is not the answer. To think that your case is "special" or "unique" is ridiculous. You could go online and find dozens of people who felt the exact same way you do, but got over it.

Those of you who are still contemplating suicide, please, get some help. There ARE people who love you. You may not realize it, but it's true. No man is an island.

Heck, if one of you were to commit suicide, and I found out about it, I'd still be very sad, even though I don't know any of you. If I read about some anonymous person in the papers committing suicide, I'm sad.

Suicide affects everybody. So please, don't do it.
I've attempted suicide before.

Wait, don't jump down my throat yet. Please. ^.^;

I was nearly raped and have been physically and verbally abused for the last 3 or 4 years of my life.

I don't think suicide is acceptable, but I can certainly see the reasons why people would attempt/would commit suicide.
I would only comit suicide if i was gonna die any way, and just go out in a blze of glory. Preferable riding a nuke all the way in. xd xd xd

"YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
even if you did you could still enjoy life and it is wrong in gods eyes cause when you commit suicide its like throwing youre life back at him.
sionsheep
even if you did you could still enjoy life and it is wrong in gods eyes cause when you commit suicide its like throwing youre life back at him.

The rationale I've always heard was that it is basically murder.
A. Androgyny
I always thought murder had a person who didn't want to die... Which is why killing them was bad, in that they didn't want to die... So you murder them, by taking the life they don't want to lose.

Suicide is .... taking a life that isn't wanted... Which is almost like euthanasia... Mercy-killing, as it were. The person wants to die, so you kill em...
Natas Ferret
A. Androgyny
I always thought murder had a person who didn't want to die... Which is why killing them was bad, in that they didn't want to die... So you murder them, by taking the life they don't want to lose.

Suicide is .... taking a life that isn't wanted... Which is almost like euthanasia... Mercy-killing, as it were. The person wants to die, so you kill em...

Suicide is rare a justfied thing. That does seem to be the difference between all the different was of killing. Justification. A person contemplating suicide is rarely deserving of death.
A. Androgyny
Suicide is rare a justfied thing. That does seem to be the difference between all the different was of killing. Justification. A person contemplating suicide is rarely deserving of death.

How is it rarely justified?
Because it is "selfish" of the person contemplating suicide?
And these other people who think they will be "hurt by such a selfish act."
Sniff... Smell that? Smells like hypocrisy to me.
-edit- i'm sorry, double standards.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces