Welcome to Gaia! ::

Now, before I get yelled at, I'm not promoting suicide. But I had a dream last night that I met Hellen Keller, and I began to wonder if she thought I was nice, when she couldn't see or hear the way I was acting or the way I looked at her, or the emotion in my voice, but only my words.

In my dream, I told my mom to kill me if I ever lost my sense of sight and hearing. She said "Okay." But now that I'm conscious, I know I could probably find some way to kill myself. I don't know if I would or not. I do know I'd be very dependent on touch, though...I would probably need to have someone with me at all times so I would know I wasn't alone.

But that's really the only thing, or something worse, that would make me want to commit suicide. I used to think I would commit suicide if I was raped, but now I don't think I would.

EDIT: Also, do you think suicide is ever morally acceptable? I think it's wrong in any case, unless somehow you would save someone else's life by killing yourself, but I don't think God will send you to Hell for it, especially if you're as confused and miserable as most people who kill themselves are.
My friend would have to go lesbo or something, i'm in love with her.
Azarel87
That would have to be the stupidest reason I have ever heard.
Little Rachael
Now, before I get yelled at, I'm not promoting suicide. But I had a dream last night that I met Hellen Keller, and I began to wonder if she thought I was nice, when she couldn't see or hear the way I was acting or the way I looked at her, or the emotion in my voice, but only my words.

In my dream, I told my mom to kill me if I ever lost my sense of sight and hearing. She said "Okay." But now that I'm conscious, I know I could probably find some way to kill myself. I don't know if I would or not. I do know I'd be very dependent on touch, though...I would probably need to have someone with me at all times so I would know I wasn't alone.

But that's really the only thing, or something worse, that would make me want to commit suicide. I used to think I would commit suicide if I was raped, but now I don't think I would.

EDIT: Also, do you think suicide is ever morally acceptable? I think it's wrong in any case, unless somehow you would save someone else's life by killing yourself, but I don't think God will send you to Hell for it, especially if you're as confused and miserable as most people who kill themselves are.

nothing. I love life to much, even in all of its torment and anguish. nothing beats what we've got here.

suicide is not morally acceptable but i understand where people are coming from. i am agnostic so i cannot offer a religious answer, but i know that suicide is just the choice of someone who feels they have no other options... i feel for them. getting help with mental illnesses in this country (USA) is becoming harder and harder, especially for people who need it.
If there was no one left to live for...
Well, after a breakup due to outside causes four or five months ago, all it probably would have taken would have been a slight bit more stress and I would have gone for it.
It takes a whole hell a lot of stress, some serious relationship issues, and a belief that nothing will get better. At the moment two of those three things are going on, along with massive amounts of depression, but since winter is ending I'm starting to feel better.

Morally, I don't know that it matters. Whereas at times I think it's a waste of a life I can certinaly understand where these people are coming from. It takes a lot of hurt to want to kill yourself, and sometimes even attempted suicide can be an eye opener for people, so even though you may be hurting yourself sometimes the end result is much greater.
I think that I would only end my life if I were facing a lifetime of unbearable pain. And even then, I'm not sure.
Commit suicide, or attempt it? Sometimes a person's heart just isn't in it, but they still need to do something, if you understand me.
Lunar Faeri
Azarel87

Apparently you've never been in love with someone. She means the world to me, I ain't got no one else! crying

Sparkly Lunatic

Whatever a miserable shitball my life is, or whatever I did in it to hurt someone else that would want me dead, I see no need to end it now.

...Oh, my life is good now, rather good. But, even if it was bad, I wouldn't do it. I've lost too many friends to their own hands, so no way I'm doing it. =P

Sparkly Lunatic

Azarel87
Lunar Faeri
Azarel87

Apparently you've never been in love with someone. She means the world to me, I ain't got no one else! crying

Er, how old are you, 6? 7, mayhaps? Grow up, and trust in the fact there are many more out there to see past one person.
would i ever kill myself? thats a tough question. for a long time, i felt bad enough to do it.......even tried once or twice, but with all thats happened to me, my gf leaving, my friends trying to stay with me 24/7, suicide just seems like the easy way out. ive made a life out of doing things by the path of least resistance, and i ended up feeling so angry and sadened by the whole world that i wanted to give up whatever i had to make the pain go away. so no, i finally decided its not worth it.

and about suicide being moraly wrong? i dont know, part of me says that shouldnt it be up to the person? after all it is said that no one knows us like we know ourselves, but then again if someone is considering suicide, most likely there is something wrong wtih their mental state. but, they may not see it that way.........it almost sounds like a catch 22.

however, i will always remember when the september 11th attacks were all over the news, i remember seeing footage of a man jumping off the building to escape teh flames, and my mom (who is a devout catholic to the core) said, "i dont think god would consider that suicide" was she right? being undecided as to if there is an afterlife or not, i dont have a good answer, but i thought you might find this.........interesting.
Azarel87
Lunar Faeri
Azarel87

So you would commit suicide because you are against their happiness therefor probably loading them with guilt. Extremely selfish for one thing.

5,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
I don't think I'd ever try to kill myself, no matter how bad things got. I'd kill everyone ELSE first. domokun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff