Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay so What exactly does that term mean in whole?
I hate when people use that as an argument.
Because just like physical attraction, life, love, perspective and pictures... It's subjective.
People throw that out there like there is some KEY thing that is worse.

why is a child in a sweatshop working for a terrible pay and his food any different, or as everyone say "worse" than a grown man/woman in a FIRST world society doing the same thing? Miserable, stressed, feeling under-appreciated, and thinks life is nothing but work, work, work.
There's more than petty complaining, but people don't realize that.
If someone complains often, odd-acting, and acts quite different, this is a mental thing, and definitely a mental illness somewhere along the way. Uh No! You are not allowed to feel sad! People have it worse, and you don't hear me, my family, my boss, teacher, or friends complain! Nor my dog!

Yeah because Having a mental problem isn't having it worse? Than what's worse?
If being ugly isn't having it worse, then is being deformed any better? Whereas people KNOW that person is malformed and not like them, and they treat them better and are more friendly toward them because they don't wanna be dicks about it? Plus the person who's deformed knows they're better inside and are more positive than the random negative people who still WILL pick on them.

Then there's the question of how people will take it when they hear something that they THINK is worse... Like what are they going to reply with? "Oh, okay you DO have it worse! You get a cookie!" Like is there some kinda contest?

Like I said this is all subjective... What is your opinions on this?
Gameboy-of-theMerciful
why is a child in a sweatshop working for a terrible pay and his food any different, or as everyone say "worse" than a grown man/woman in a FIRST world society doing the same thing? Miserable, stressed, feeling under-appreciated, and thinks life is nothing but work, work, work.

Opportunity; typically, a grown man/woman in a first-world society has a stronger bargaining position than a child.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

6,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Befriended 100
No expert on this, but I sometimes think of it as:
Everyone has stress. Throughout someone's life, they can have a severe form of stress, and that severe stress can form from situations pertaining to that specific person.
What is horribly awful to one person can be small to someone else, but I think it's pretty unfair to tell someone that what they're dealing with doesnt matter. Life is challenging, and everyone will need to find a direction, no matter how difficult it is.

Sorry if I made an oopsie ;__;
I think everything is subjective.
Of course someone will always have it worse...as will they better.
There are situations that may seem on such different ends of the spectrum that can paint the same picture, if you know what I am saying.
Things can be relatable even when they seem far from the realm of similarity.
And things that seem to be on the same level can be way off balance.
And furthermore, you have to factor in PERCEPTION.
So it's all truly subjective.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, get through another day, and keep moving along...
two guarantees in life...death...and birth(arguably a third...taxes...)
and after we experience these rights of passage we can no longer communicate with the passage or state behind us
so...yeah...it's all purely subjective
A Rose For Epona
No expert on this, but I sometimes think of it as:
Everyone has stress. Throughout someone's life, they can have a severe form of stress, and that severe stress can form from situations pertaining to that specific person.
What is horribly awful to one person can be small to someone else, but I think it's pretty unfair to tell someone that what they're dealing with doesnt matter. Life is challenging, and everyone will need to find a direction, no matter how difficult it is.

Sorry if I made an oopsie ;__;

Yes this was my favorite post to read, the others are interesting too. See what irks me is when people play the oh you should get over it! People have it worse hur hur... Funny story. I showed my ex, friends and others who used that line on me a screenshot of an argument on Facebook

It was quite funny because they mentioned how people act like losing 20 dollars isn't a big deal if it's not them and would say oh people lose more!
Well you aren't them!
20 dollars would've been what fed their kids.

Sorry I'm on Mobile lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces