Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Simply which do you believe?

There is/are god(s) 0.525 52.5% [ 21 ]
There is/are no god(s) 0.475 47.5% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
1 2 3 >

I want to hear opinions, if you believe in divinity, i want to know why. If you don't, i still want to know why. The reaso.ns are what i seek, the proof that will illuminate the truth.

Kawaii Sentai

User ImageUser Image
User Image

The burden of proof lies with the person trying to state what they think is true. So, when it comes to god/gods (As asked in your poll) The burden of proof lies with the people trying to prove it, until then it is still a non-fact.

User ImageUser Image
The Forbidden Soul
User ImageUser Image
User Image

The burden of proof lies with the person trying to state what they think is true. So, when it comes to god/gods (As asked in your poll) The burden of proof lies with the people trying to prove it, until then it is still a non-fact.

User ImageUser Image

That is tfue in that sense, bug is an atheist also trying to prove that divinity does not exist, and must seek to find the evidence for their claim.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
The New Wineskin
Sikh. Why?

- The advanced concepts of equality for all: men and women both should have equality in life; sati should be outlawed, a concept that, for a Hindu Indian in the 1200s, was very radical; the use of a turban to represent social equality, as, in India, the turban represents high social standings, etc.
      - The removal of answering irrelevant questions about life regarding origins: Waheguru created the world in such as way that is unknown to mankind, nor does it need to be know.
      - A just morality and punishment system: There is reincarnation based on karma, with a temporary stay in a hell-like realm for the most wicked to reset your karma.
      - and the requirements of good works as well as faith to be considered Sikh: Sikhs must be baptized into the religion to formally be considered one. They must pray three times daily, attend Gurdwaras (Sikh churches) weekly if there is one nearby, they must carry the 5Ks (uncut hair / turban, comb, silver bracelet, cloth shorts, and a ceremonial dagger), must give to charity, must meditate and chant on the name of Waheguru to better understand his nature, etc.
The New Wineskin
The New Wineskin
Sikh. Why?

- The advanced concepts of equality for all: men and women both should have equality in life; sati should be outlawed, a concept that, for a Hindu Indian in the 1200s, was very radical; the use of a turban to represent social equality, as, in India, the turban represents high social standings, etc.
      - The removal of answering irrelevant questions about life regarding origins: Waheguru created the world in such as way that is unknown to mankind, nor does it need to be know.
      - A just morality and punishment system: There is reincarnation based on karma, with a temporary stay in a hell-like realm for the most wicked to reset your karma.
      - and the requirements of good works as well as faith to be considered Sikh: Sikhs must be baptized into the religion to formally be considered one. They must pray three times daily, attend Gurdwaras (Sikh churches) weekly if there is one nearby, they must carry the 5Ks (uncut hair / turban, comb, silver bracelet, cloth shorts, and a ceremonial dagger), must give to charity, must meditate and chant on the name of Waheguru to better understand his nature, etc.

Sadly the creation of our universe was a simple puzzle to solve, what further intrigues me is E>0.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Xion0101
The New Wineskin
The New Wineskin
Sikh. Why?

Sadly the creation of our universe was a simple puzzle to solve, what further intrigues me is E>0.

It is not so much that it is impossible to solve that it is irrelevant to our day-to-day lives as people how the universe and life started.

Kawaii Sentai

Xion0101
The Forbidden Soul
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image

That is tfue in that sense, bug is an atheist also trying to prove that divinity does not exist, and must seek to find the evidence for their claim.

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Personally as an atheist I would say that No, I am not trying to prove anything. Rather if there is proof then ill take a look and decide for myself. However I do not speak for all Atheists, and im sure you can find a few Atheists trying to prove something.
Also sorry for the wait on the reply.

User ImageUser Image
I do not believe in a deity purely because there is no evidence for one.

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
What's believable is subjective to the individual, for the most part. Some things are what science is as of yet unable to prove/disprove, and so people take it unto themselves to fill in the gaps. Belief in something also may be due to tradition, family or personal experience - or a combination of all three. Whatever floats one's boat.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Neither side has the right to shift their proof to the unknown. Simply because we do not know the answer to something is not a sign that it is an inspiration of the divine or a scientific truth.

Lightning bolts were once revered as godly, thankfully no longer as we comprehend the nature of lightning as it relates to positive and negative charge between the atmosphere and our earth.

The same can be said for the Sun, which was once revered as a God in and of itself (Apollo) and a giver of life. We now understand that the Sun is a star that had to grow from it's point in the universe long before we were even here. Quite awesome, but not divine in the least.

Every step we take seems to reveal more about the universe and raise even more questions. None of this is evidence for a deity since what we've discovered so far shows the absence of a deity.

That is my reason for not believing, as there has been no event in my life or in anyone else's that seems to defy the current data and point to the existence of a God, while there is substantial data to show the absence of one.

Quotable Harvester

I can't just ignore what my mind tells me is true.

But I don't have to convince you of it. There's no real point. You're not me, and will not see what I see or feel what I feel.

AcidStrips's Husband

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Honney Boy

But I don't have to convince you of it. There's no real point. You're not me, and will not see what I see or feel what I feel.

I assert that there are many things two or more people living in the same universe will feel and see in their lifetime.

Your experience seems unique, but as it is not presented it probably isn't.

Unless you're saying that the camera records something other than what you point it at.

Quotable Harvester

stealthmongoose
Honney Boy

I assert that there are many things two or more people living in the same universe will feel and see in their lifetime.

Unless you're saying that the camera records something other than what you point it at.

Is it pointed at a mugging, or the dramatic recreation of one? It is the same for the camera either way.

AcidStrips's Husband

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Honney Boy
stealthmongoose
Honney Boy

Is it pointed at a mugging, or the dramatic recreation of one? It is the same for the camera either way.

I have seen muggings, and dramatic recreations. Perhaps you could demonstrate what you're feeling so i can relate further, as you don't appear to be alone in much so far.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff