Welcome to Gaia! ::

Entrepreneur

This is a spiritual question. Reach deep within yourself.

Beauty is a noun. But so is three. I'm talking about the difference between 3 apples and the number 3, or a beautiful thing and beauty.

What is this abstract notion of beauty? Here is what I speculate..

Beauty is what we see when something inspires us to live. Something that gives us meaning in our souls.. something we find useful to ourselves or to others whom we love.

Anyway, what do you think.? I'm taking a class about this. We talked about Plato today and it was killing me not to say that so I thought I'd just get it out on Gaia. Haha.

kemu
"..The experience of beauty is health or wholeness, as if the circulation of blood had become equable and strong not only within the individual, but also as a part of a vaster circulatory system which includes the objects which he loves without attempting to own and with which he moves in subtle rhythmical confluences and congruities. Here, indeed, health or wholeness may expand infinitely, for in marriage to any human being (perhaps to any living being) every object in the universe may become a portion of beauty whether it be wisp of hair or withered leaf, a book, an old wrinkled courtesan, a sunshaft on a spire, slimy green algee on the surface of a pond, a baby's smile, a scientific experiment, odor of eucalyptus, cool depths the swimmer plumbs, sweet thin nectar from the honeysuckle, a warm intimate fireplace, the caress of a sweetheart, a planet mathematically deduced but yet unphotographed, a pebble, the reverberation of thunder, or the shudder of a gong. Beauty is a relation of rapport which may expand from heaven into hell as ugliness melts into loveliness. Beauty is that identification of subject and object celebrated by mystics in every age."

- Herbert Ellsworth Cory

Hallowed Hunter

kemu

Beauty is a noun. But so is three. I'm talking about the difference between 3 apples and the number 3, or a beautiful thing and beauty.

Beauty is what we see when something inspires us to live. Something that gives us meaning in our souls.. something we find useful to ourselves or to others whom we love.

Anyway, what do you think.? I'm taking a class about this. We talked about Plato today and it was killing me not to say that so I thought I'd just get it out on Gaia. Haha.

Counting the seconds before Andy shows up...

Enduring Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
kemu

I am the definition of beauty.

Beauty = Me
Beauty =/= Anyone or Anything Else
Anyone or Anything Else < Me

These statements have been mathematically proven.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nerdologist
Beauty = Me

No they haven't.
Really.
You have not proven that you are greater than anything else.
X = Y, given
!X(Z) != !Y, extrapolated.
=> Z < X

You need to fill in the dots.

Maths.
It just works.

What you did.
Not Maths.

Friend

Beauty is whatever you want it to be, beauty is everything, beauty is nothing.

Enduring Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
CuAnnan
Nerdologist
Beauty = Me

No they haven't.
Really.
You have not proven that you are greater than anything else.
X = Y, given
!X(Z) != !Y, extrapolated.
=> Z < X

You need to fill in the dots.

Maths.
It just works.

What you did.
Not Maths.
I assureth thee they are proven, oh ye of little faith. wink

Haven't you heard of the new type of math? I ca...I mean professional mathematicians call it intuitional math. The type of proofs you're asking for are outdated. You just need to think hard about it and it will become clear that my math is entirely correct.

I'm not even making this up... sweatdrop
kemu

I agree beauty is about inspiration...less about what we find useful. I mean, I find taps useful, but I wouldn't say taps per se are beautiful.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nerdologist
I assureth thee they are proven, oh ye of little faith.

I am actually quite large of faith, among other things.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
kemu

Beauty is evolution's way of giving us the unconscious idea that something is either beneficial or harmless, usually. Your senses detect beautiful things usually due to many many years of other similar things being one of those two.

Enduring Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
CuAnnan
Nerdologist

Then why you no believe my maths?

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nerdologist
CuAnnan
Nerdologist

Then why you no believe my maths?

Because no two mutually exclusive things can be true.
And in every way, I am greater than you.
Therefore your maths is wrong.

Entrepreneur

Lucky~9~Lives
kemu

I agree beauty is about inspiration...less about what we find useful. I mean, I find taps useful, but I wouldn't say taps per se are beautiful.

Of course! it's the combo of these things.

Entrepreneur

kemu
Lucky~9~Lives
kemu

Of course! it's the combo of these things.

I mean.. inspiration is the usefulness of it I think.

Enduring Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
CuAnnan
Because no two mutually exclusive things can be true.
And in every way, I am greater than you.
Therefore your maths is wrong.
talk2hand Eh, forget maths. Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
Beauty can be many things.

I don't really have much of a spiritual ability...but I am going to swing anyways.

Beauty is the power of creativity, imagination, and innovation. We do this even when we are not conscious.

I also think that beauty can be tainted and corupted.

I believe however that we are limited as an individual. We build off each others ideas and thoughts...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff