Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Citizen

castrillo
Kaworu 17
They think I'm crazy for even suggesting it. But you here are validating my fears.

I imagine in a few decades you guys will be viewed with as much disgust as the general populace views muslims. But you should have seen it coming, it's the Christians just-deserve for spending all their time, money and resources disenfranchising people.

So basically the logic I'm seeing throughout the thread is:

WBC is ignorant and hateful.
WBC is Christian.
Therefore, all Christians are ignorant and hateful!

Except not all Christians are Baptist, and not all Baptists are part of WBC. In fact, WBC has strayed so far from actual biblical teachings that it's embarassing they're still called Christians.

Ontological Empiricism
Were people expecting WBC to not protest at Sandy Hook? neutral

I was.
- gonk

Interesting Seeker

Jazin Kay
Thoughts? Inb4 Sniper takes out Ms Phelps?

You're only cool on the internet if you hate WBC.

I think that these Christian fundamentalists need to get a life.

Anxious Bloodsucker

WBC is Christian? Odd. I thought they were some offshoot of Judaism, seeing as they seem to enjoy following the Old Testament of an evil and despicable God. No offense meant towards anyone of the Jewish faith... If I could drive, I'd go and locate their picket sights just to cause havoc like they did for the Illinois Nazis in the Blue's Brothers.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Lucky~9~Lives
Ontological Empiricism
Were people expecting WBC to not protest at Sandy Hook? neutral

I was.
- gonk

A folly, my dear Watson.
WBC gets a raging boner for tragedies like this.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
xXZirkannia
castrillo
Kaworu 17
They think I'm crazy for even suggesting it. But you here are validating my fears.

I imagine in a few decades you guys will be viewed with as much disgust as the general populace views muslims. But you should have seen it coming, it's the Christians just-deserve for spending all their time, money and resources disenfranchising people.

WBC is Christian.

Except not all Christians are Baptist, and not all Baptists are part of WBC. In fact, WBC has strayed so far from actual biblical teachings that it's embarassing they're still called Christians.

I think you failed to grasp my point if you think this is just about the WBC. I said in my original post that it's the loud zealots like them that will politically set the US free from religion.
Is it fair to the "peaceful" christians, no. But that's a sacrifice. And christians should be the ones who know the most about sacrifices.

Manly Lunatic

The reason they keep doing it is because people are stupid enough to give them attention. You know why they are so popular? Because THE DUMB ******** GIVE THEM ATTENTION.

You are a dumb a** for giving them any kind of attention, if I get a warning for this post, because someone felt insulted and reported me. Oh well, you are dumb a** still.

My advice to all, ignore them, and they will eventually realize their message no longer has any significance to the world.

Manly Lunatic

HellFire13x
WBC is Christian? Odd. I thought they were some offshoot of Judaism, seeing as they seem to enjoy following the Old Testament of an evil and despicable God. No offense meant towards anyone of the Jewish faith... If I could drive, I'd go and locate their picket sights just to cause havoc like they did for the Illinois Nazis in the Blue's Brothers.

They are very much like the Pharisees that Jesus never ever agreed with.

The Pharisees took laws in Leviticus, and up scaled them to stupid levels... Which is what the WBC do, and probably at a far more harsher level.

Manly Lunatic

castrillo
Kaworu 17
castrillo
HAHA, who said I was a tolerant, open-minded liberal?
Yep, the joke's on me. Hahahaha, you're just a bigot and you're proud of it.

castrillo
I will never accept you christians or your beliefs.
What really kills is that this is actually permissible hatred. No one will even bat an eyelash for this.

castrillo
There is no room for tolerance.
Lol, and then they say I'm crazy when I mention "pursucution."

Completely. Christians, to me, are just a more peaceful, less abrasive version of the KKK.

And no one should bat an eyelash at it. And according to the last census, the majority agree.

And isn't it a christians job to be persecuted? I thought it was part of the contract? Why are you complaining about it?

Lol KKK... They actually have a similar structure to the Salvation Army... with army ranks and all that weird stuff...

Also, Christianity is so broad... it's just... bleh sometimes...

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
I find that the WBC accurately represents the nature of their holy book.

They are also Christian.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
washu_2004

When the KKK was counter-protesting WBC, it reminded me of Alien vs. Predator.

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
don't feed the trolls
Wow.

Wow..

The hate for Christians is crazy in here. Absolutely nuts. We are followers of Christ and we strive to be like He who died for our sins. He who knew no sin, and became sin so we wouldn't have to.

Don't lump all of us together with the likes of WBC. It's wrong. Labeling all Christians as hateful people because of one group is like labeling white people as racist, black people as thug gangsters, and Latinos as Mexican drug lords.

Stereotypes are wrong and we should shed these labels, if not for ourselves, then for the people we are to love and pray for. Those who need the grace and love of Christ.

Aged Lunatic

xXZirkannia
castrillo
Kaworu 17

WBC is Christian.

Hell, every Baptist organization in the country has said flat out "these guys are not ours."

They really do just use the word "Baptist" without any real meaning.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff