Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Okay, the accusations kept rolling in, even though they held no basis they were made!

Now prove that this is taken out of context!

This is why the bible is against true right and wrong but stead of being for is a poor thing to refer to as to being moral.

Numbers 31:7-18
New Living Translation (NLT)

7 They attacked Midian as the Lord had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. 8 All five of the Midianite kings—Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba—died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword.

9 Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. 11 After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, 12 they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho. 13 Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 But Moses was furious with all the generals and captains[a] who had returned from the battle.

15 “Why have you let all the women live?” he demanded. 16 “These are the very ones who followed Balaam’s advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the Lord at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the Lord’s people. 17 So kill all the boys and all the women who have had intercourse with a man. 18 Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

If you can't then you can't due to the reason that it is in fact NOT TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT!

Instead it is kept in context and it is an example of the basis that many judge the bible on!

Also, if you now see yourself in a corner, you are but to recognize the promotion and biblical advocacy for the sex slave trade. The ability to determine who is and isn't a virgin was not developed at this time and still does not always hold true as a hymen can be broken even while riding a bike. Anyhow, the only near sure way to tell who was and was not a virgin would be to take the youngest of the girls. So, it's simple, since sex with little boys would be deemed as homosexuality and the cultural thing of the time was all warriors were culturally men, it is quite clear what "take for yourself" implies. Also the necessity to preserve these females lives did indeed come as a necessity for their bloodline, in fact even the apologists mention that. Funny thing, when I was a christian, they tried to train me and everyone else in Sunday school to be apologists, even then I saw a bit of deception in it.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Of course it's not taken out of context, I don't think people would claim it was.

That is and obviously command from Moses(pbuh) to his army.

What's the problem?
What does this have to do with sexual slavery?

Questionable Shapeshifter

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Brandan J Cromartie

rolleyes You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding. It is impossible for a person to be that oblivious.
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie

rolleyes You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding. It is impossible for a person to be that oblivious.
Why not explain it to me?

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie

B/c it would be pointess. Anyone that can not see the obvious when it right in front of them either A lacks the capacity to do so no matter how many ways it is broken down or rephrased, or B is intentionally missing it either to protect beliefs challenged by it, or simply for their own amusment.

Either way, watching ice melt would be a better use of my time.
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie

B/c it would be pointess. Anyone that can not see the obvious when it right in front of them either A lacks the capacity to do so no matter how many ways it is broken down or rephrased, or B is intentionally missing it either to protect beliefs challenged by it, or simply for their own amusment.

Why waste the time insulting me? Why waste time on me period? Your answer would have been shorter than your refusal to answer. Speaking of wasted energies and all.

Adored Admirer

Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie

Why waste the time insulting me? Why waste time on me period? Your answer would have been shorter than your refusal to answer. Speaking of wasted energies and all.

Ignore her. She obviously isn't worth your time, considering she's too pompous to answer a question. She probably doesn't know what she's even talking about. At least you can try to be as wise as Socrates.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie

Ignore her. She obviously isn't worth your time, considering she's too pompous to answer a question. She probably doesn't know what she's even talking about. At least you can try to be as wise as Socrates.

What say you on this thread?

Adored Admirer

The New Wineskin
Pseudo-Onkelos
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie

It's Votaro. I don't feel like chatting with a wanna-be philosopher.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
The New Wineskin
Pseudo-Onkelos
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie

It's Votaro. I don't feel like chatting with a wanna-be philosopher.

Fair enough.

Jeering Regular

Brandan J Cromartie
The practice of purchasing or capturing women to serve as concubines was fairly common. There's some specific discussion in Exodus about the rules of it. That's pretty much what is being described here.

They're taking the virgins to ******** them, just to be clear.
Ban
Brandan J Cromartie
The practice of purchasing or capturing women to serve as concubines was fairly common. There's some specific discussion in Exodus about the rules of it. That's pretty much what is being described here.

They're taking the virgins to ******** them, just to be clear.
To my knowledge the people captured in this method by this particular people were taken and indoctrinated into the people and not considered spoils of war or breeding machines. The indoctrination process did not condone rape or other acts of cruelty; you were simply a captive who grew up and assimilated into the society.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie

Who insulted you? An insult is intended to hurt feelings. I presented the two possable causes for your pereceptional hole in answer to your question. If this is percieved as an insult the onus for that can not be put on me. I do not dictate your perceptions.

I do not regard our interactions to be a waste of time. You are proving to be quite an interesting speciman actually. I suspect my interest will be short lived as most of my experiments are yileding highly predictable results. However, for the time beingI find myself intrigued by some rudamentary factors some what unique in this particular dish.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie
vwytche
Brandan J Cromartie

Who insulted you? An insult is intended to hurt feelings. I presented the two possable causes for your pereceptional hole in answer to your question. If this is percieved as an insult the onus for that can not be put on me. I do not dictate your perceptions.

I do not regard our interactions to be a waste of time. You are proving to be quite an interesting speciman actually. I suspect my interest will be short lived as most of my experiments are yileding highly predictable results. However, for the time beingI find myself intrigued by some rudamentary factors some what unique in this particular dish.

Wow.

Is it really so hard for people just to be nice nowadays?

Show some manners, and be friendly, you will get more done.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff