Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Deep Vermillion
Deoridhe
Phinnehas
3. Good works are a result of faith, as faith is a result of salvation. It's sort of a cause and effect thing. If person x has been saved then x will have faith. (and) If x has faith then x will do good works.

If good works are a result of faith and salvation, where does that place highly moral peopel who have faith, but not faith in YHWH, who do good works?

Do you want a real answer or him to back up his claim? confused I can help with one of those.

Hmmm? No, a real answer. The "good works are a sign of salvation" part has been backed up, I think, fairly well already. I'm just wondering about the rest of it.
Deoridhe
Hmmm? No, a real answer. The "good works are a sign of salvation" part has been backed up, I think, fairly well already. I'm just wondering about the rest of it.
Well, considering, among many other examples, the story of the good Samaritan and James 1:22-27
Quote:
22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
Someone who does good deeds but isn't Christian is infinitely better than one who hears the Word but either uses it wrong or is simply content with John 3:16. In fact, Matthew 25:31-46 suggests that all who do God's will are saved (regardless of religion) and God's will, as you probably know by now, is the law of love (For instance, Galatians 5:14 "For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."" wink . Consider also how the Bible itself describes what exactly religion and Christianity is:
Quote:
26If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. 27Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
Deoridhe
Phinnehas
3. Good works are a result of faith, as faith is a result of salvation. It's sort of a cause and effect thing. If person x has been saved then x will have faith. (and) If x has faith then x will do good works.

If good works are a result of faith and salvation, where does that place highly moral peopel who have faith, but not faith in YHWH, who do good works?

You will, here, either find yourself in a discussion about the difference between divine and civic righteousness or in a borderline heretical discussion on Romans 2 and the fate of those who know not the gospel of Christ.
Deoridhe
Deep Vermillion
Deoridhe
Phinnehas

Do you want a real answer or him to back up his claim? confused I can help with one of those.

Here it is.
Apart from the grace of God, even the best among us are bound for hell.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff