Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think morals should be out of society?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 4, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Deoridhe
Death_Lord
Westonian
Death_Lord
Thank you for an answer. That make sense to me. But people are losing morals too. Proof: September 11, 2001.

How does that prove a general loss of morals in the world? I seem to remember a series of bad things happening long before then. Like, say, the fall of Rome. Man, those were good times.

That does not prove a general loss. It just shows an event that is happened because of the loss.

....do you know when the fall of Rome occured?
I was talking about September 11, 2001. stare
Also, I can see you're not going to address my other points without a ******** invitation, so here it is: How can you possibly justify saying that things are getting worse now when you consider the way things were in the past?

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Death_Lord
Deoridhe
Death_Lord
Westonian
Death_Lord
Thank you for an answer. That make sense to me. But people are losing morals too. Proof: September 11, 2001.

How does that prove a general loss of morals in the world? I seem to remember a series of bad things happening long before then. Like, say, the fall of Rome. Man, those were good times.

That does not prove a general loss. It just shows an event that is happened because of the loss.

....do you know when the fall of Rome occured?
I was talking about September 11, 2001. stare

Yes, but 9/11/01 was hardly the first set of deaths. In fact, in terms of terrorist activity, we have very few people die, and the vast majority were killed by domestic terrorists.

Plus, you seem to be thinking that 100 years ago it was all sweetness and light when people skipped arm and arm across flowered fields and the lion lay down with the lamb. I assure you, it's significantly less violent and oppressive in the Western World than it was even a hundred years ago. For instance, now people who lead lynchings are punished.
Triste Morningstar
Also, I can see you're not going to address my other points without a ******** invitation, so here it is: How can you possibly justify saying that things are getting worse now when you consider the way things were in the past?

You do not get what I am saying. I was not talking about the distance past, like Rome. I was talking about why is America falling in morals, compared to what it was before, just about right after slavery was gone, and before the Southern white male took over the Southern government again. To me, it seems none of you will get what I say, so I am going.

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Death_Lord
Triste Morningstar

You do not get what I am saying. I was not talking about the distance past, like Rome. I was talking about why is America falling in morals, compared to what it was before, just about right after slavery was gone, and before the Southern white male took over the Southern government again. To me, it seems none of you will get what I say, so I am going.

Oh, you mean while Jum Crow laws were still in effect and women were still descriminated against, and lynchings were often not prosecuted, and the KKK was strong in the south? That "high moral" time?
Deoridhe
Death_Lord
Triste Morningstar

Oh, you mean while Jum Crow laws were still in effect and women were still descriminated against, and lynchings were often not prosecuted, and the KKK was strong in the south? That "high moral" time?

......... stare

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Death_Lord
Deoridhe

......... stare

xd Or are you talking about the high moral times that showed up on television, where the men were all honorable, the women all loved staying home with the kids, the kids were either well behaved or charming scraps, and everyone was white except for the comic relief?
Death_Lord
Deoridhe
Death_Lord
Triste Morningstar

......... stare

Little known to most people, but the Jim Crow laws were not around until after the white, southern, confederate supporting, males came back to power.
Deoridhe
Death_Lord
Deoridhe

......... stare

xd Or are you talking about the high moral times that showed up on television, where the men were all honorable, the women all loved staying home with the kids, the kids were either well behaved or charming scraps, and everyone was white except for the comic relief?

He's living in fantasy land, clearly. xd
oh! so you like carpetbaggers who took money from southern hands and brought it into the northern economy instead of it staying in the south to actually strengthen their finances?

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Mitsurugi_Masamune
Little known to most people, but the Jim Crow laws were not around until after the white, southern, confederate supporting, males came back to power.

Dates when the white, southern, confederate supporting males were taken out of power, evidence supporting that, then times when the Jim Crow laws were put into effect please?

And who was in charge while these men were out of power?
Triste Morningstar
Deoridhe
Death_Lord
Deoridhe

......... stare

Or he has had so much pain, that he does not see clearly anymore.
Deoridhe
Mitsurugi_Masamune

Dates when the white, southern, confederate supporting males were taken out of power, evidence supporting that, then times when the Jim Crow laws were put into effect please?

The Union army.
Mitsurugi_Masamune
Triste Morningstar
Deoridhe
Death_Lord
Deoridhe

......... stare

Or he has had so much pain, that he does not see clearly anymore.

Yeah. The pain of the upper-middle class American teenager. TEH WANGST!!111
Deoridhe
Mitsurugi_Masamune

actually, he's right. Northerners pulled out of the south at the start of Hayes administration-which was run on a platform of ending reconstruction. However, lynchings still continued before that, the KKK was established in the 1850-60's. Yes, a real nice time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff