Welcome to Gaia! ::

guess what i learned today. in the bible when it mention sacrifing sheep and children, it doesnt mean to kill them, it means to make them sacred. so when god sent abraham to sacrifice his son isaac, it was god sending abraham to make his son sacred to him, not to kill him. which proves that the bible is highly misinterpreted. which also means that you should follow the bible out of fear, because odds are that either way you are misinformed about one way or another. so just relax about your belief system! andi couldnt exemplify one of the lines of the bible anymore when it says "practice your religion quietly!

Wheezing Gekko

No, animal sacrifices in the bible were actual killings and burnings of animals and their bits. Whoever is telling you otherwise is misinformed.
Wrong. God really was asking Abraham to kill Isaac (or Ishmael, if you're Muslim). Sacrafice only became unnecessary in a physical, I'm-killing-you-for-God sense after Christ's crucifixtion (which rendered all further sacrafice pointless).
jahovachino
guess what i learned today. in the bible when it mention sacrifing sheep and children, it doesnt mean to kill them, it means to make them sacred. so when god sent abraham to sacrifice his son isaac, it was god sending abraham to make his son sacred to him, not to kill him. which proves that the bible is highly misinterpreted. which also means that you should follow the bible out of fear, because odds are that either way you are misinformed about one way or another. so just relax about your belief system! andi couldnt exemplify one of the lines of the bible anymore when it says "practice your religion quietly!

I hope you are not Jehovah's witness.... Hebrew indeed is a dubious language, but I think you are off the tangent by an eon here. sweatdrop
jahovachino
so when god sent abraham to sacrifice his son isaac, it was god sending abraham to make his son sacred to him, not to kill him.
No it was God sending him to see if he trusted God.
Actually it does refer to killing him because then Abraham had to be stopped as to NOT kill him.

Sacrifice may mean to make something holy but this only served as a means of purity as so it is "worthy" when it reaches heaven.
jahovachino
Um okay, let's get things straight. Don't consult what you think that is right on Gaia ED forums because sometimes you make a butt.

Two, the sacrafices where the only way to cleanse your soul of its sin in the old days of the old covenant that was promised by the Father.
Sacrificed is the greatest love.
Adonay
jahovachino

I hope you are not Jehovah's witness.... Hebrew indeed is a dubious language, but I think you are off the tangent by an eon here. sweatdrop

He can't be a JW, because JW's teach that the animals really were killed, and that Abraham was about to actually kill his son.
nGene
Adonay
jahovachino

He can't be a JW, because JW's teach that the animals really were killed, and that Abraham was about to actually kill his son.
That's because animals really were killed and he was about to kill his son. And that's from the baptist stand point... Not Jahovah's Witness.
zealously_incorrigible
nGene
Adonay

That's because animals really were killed and he was about to kill his son. And that's from the baptist stand point... Not Jahovah's Witness.

No, I didn't mean that JW's are the only ones teaching that... Adonay thought he might be a JW, so I just wanted to point out that he can't be a JW because JW's teach differently. I do realize that most Bible-based religions have the same views about this: that real animals were killed and that Abraham was really about to kill his son.

And, when reading the Bible, that is quite clearly the situation. Why else would there be an endless collection of laws about how and where to sacrifice the animals... if it all was just a metaphor?
jahovachino
I'm not sure who told you that, but, you're wrong.
jahovachino

Have you read the bible? It clearly discribes how animals should be sacrificed. I don't think they did the folowing things without killing animals:

Quote:

Leviticus 1 NKJV:
3"If his offering is a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish; he shall offer it of his own free will at the door of the tabernacle of meeting before the LORD. 4Then he shall put his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him. 5He shall kill the bull before the LORD; and the priests, Aaron's sons, shall bring the blood and sprinkle the blood all around on the altar that is by the door of the tabernacle of meeting. 6And he shall skin the burnt offering and cut it into its pieces. 7The sons of Aaron the priest shall put fire on the altar, and lay the wood in order on the fire. 8Then the priests, Aaron's sons, shall lay the parts, the head, and the fat in order on the wood that is on the fire upon the altar; 9but he shall wash its entrails and its legs with water. And the priest shall burn all on the altar as a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, a sweet aroma to the LORD.

Sometimes it may mean making something holy, but often not.
BRILLIANTLY ARGUED, ALL OF YOU!
jahovachino
BRILLIANTLY ARGUED, ALL OF YOU!

Since when was pointing out the obvious considered brilliant? They weren't brilliant answers; they were adequate answers to a stupid assertion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff