Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does this mean that I, as a decendant of the old English tribes somewhere up near the Lake District, should convert back to hugging trees because, afterall, it was just nasty Romans coming over here, beating us in a war and forcing us into Christnaity that made me grow up in a predominatly judaeo-chrisitan society?

Nah, didn't think so.

To be honest, i'm not really up on the whole slave-guilt thing you have going on in the USA, so I don't understand why people think they need to define themselves by things that happened to their ancestors, or to people of the same rase as them, or why other people seem to think it necessary for certain races to do so...

Surely you should define yourself by who you are now, not what happened a hundred-odd years ago...
Despite my avatar, I happen to be black, believe it or not.

I am not a christian. Not a single member of my immediate family is a christian, although other members are.

Although your heart may be in the right place, this argument is mundane. I, and most of my family, are not african. We are american. I don't feel the need to revert to any sort of ancestry, because I am not african. Nor would I ask any african-american to reject what they believe in because they must return to paganistic roots. Wake up. Slavery is over.

This argument is many, many, years too late.

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items