Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Anyone have any have a spritual experience that changed their view on life entirely? Something that made you feel closer to your diety? Or make you wonder if there is more to life than what you see?

I've had a few. I meditate a lot and take a few psychadelic drugs now and then. I'm not a druggy, but I think psychadelic drugs awaken the spirit and open the mind to new experience.

I'm willing to share some experiences if anyone wants to hear. I'd like to hear yours, too, if you have any.

Also, serious responses. If you plan to say something stupid, don't waste your time. You'll just be ignored.
Yeah, when I read "Does Consciousness Exist?" by William James.

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I Refute Berkeley Thus

What did you learn from that?
Hilda Kaiser
I Refute Berkeley Thus

What did you learn from that?
So much...so much...

Beloved Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

So you're a modern day hippie, then? wink

Sorry, you opened yourself up to that one with the psychedelic drugs. Although, I've not got to try any of those.

I've had a few near death experiences...

I've also had a wreck where I should have been killed, yet walked away without spilling a drop of blood.

Hygienic Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mrs Blunder

Sorry, you opened yourself up to that one with the psychedelic drugs. Although, I've not got to try any of those.

I've also had a wreck where I should have been killed, yet walked away without spilling a drop of blood.
You make it sound like you chose the peaceful option over the "kill all witnesses" option.

Beloved Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
TrueLore
Mrs Blunder

You make it sound like you chose the peaceful option over the "kill all witnesses" option.

I slipped them a lot of Ambien, what can I say? wink

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
It was a vision of one of my gods which cemented for me which religion I was going to join. In addition, I once had a god do a very concrete favor for me which enabled me to protect and help my mother, and once I had a personal interaction with a god which shook me to my core. By and large we go our separate ways, though. I rarely have things which require their attention, and they've not yet called in on our ties.

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
When I resolved Pascal's Wager for myself in high school the relief I felt was profound - I might go so far as to say that was a spiritual experience

Adored Admirer

There was a time when I was in awe of what I felt to be the providence of God.
I drowned.
Thats an experiance that changes your life.
I remember a weird sensation like I was departing my body, wasnt scary at all.
Then I was revived on the beach.
So I had a near death experiance
Makes me appreciate every moment

Anxious Prophet

8,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I was meditating in my room with my favorite incense burning. I was transported to an imaginary realm I had yet to encounter. To me, that is the greatest gift my beliefs could bestow upon me. Great imaginary worlds, and new views which help me to further appreciate the beauty of nature. I don't know if you would count that as a spiritual experience, but it felt out of body to me...
No, I have not experienced what you describe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff