Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
we petition the obama administration to: Look into state constitutions banning atheists from holding public office.

They're actually serious. I think the words listed sums up everyone's feelings rather nicely:

smart people
Belief in a higher power should not be a criteria for holding public office anywhere in the United States of America.

How does MandR feel? How hilarious is it that others are denied political positions based on lack of specific faith? I mean, a majority-Atheist state wouldn't ban Theists from taking office, that would be rude and silly.

Why does the double-standard for Theists exist in this way?

Aged Lunatic

To be fair, as stupid as those laws are they're considered what's called "blue" laws. They exist only in word and are never enforced if only because to do so would bring big time Constitutional great vengeance and furious anger on their heads.

Distinct Seeker

Jazin Kay
we petition the obama administration to: Look into state constitutions banning atheists from holding public office.

They're actually serious. I think the words listed sums up everyone's feelings rather nicely:

smart people
Belief in a higher power should not be a criteria for holding public office anywhere in the United States of America.

How does MandR feel? How hilarious is it that others are denied political positions based on lack of specific faith? I mean, a majority-Atheist state wouldn't ban Theists from taking office, that would be rude and silly.

Why does the double-standard for Theists exist in this way?

Woah .__.

(Btw are you cosplaying the monarch from venture brothers? XD)

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
1) You cannot know what a majority atheist state would have in its constitutions regarding who is allowed to run for office because a majority atheist state doesn't exist, unless you use state to mean country.

2) If you use state to mean country, you're pretty stupid to say that.

3) These laws are blue laws written hundreds of years ago and are almost never considered.

Therefore, I'm not particularly concerned.
"chldish"?

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
What is a blue law and how is this one?

Lucky~9~Lives
"chldish"?
OHSHITATYPO
Jazin Kay

Blue laws in the United States

Jazin Kay
Lucky~9~Lives
"chldish"?
OHSHITATYPO

Childish...I see...
- whee

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Lucky~9~Lives
Jazin Kay
Blue laws in the United States
Sure makes me glad to be an Oregonian. Makes me feel like a truly free American.
Jazin Kay
Sure makes me glad to be an Oregonian. Makes me feel like a truly free American.

It makes me feel the spice-rack is revolting.
- ninja

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Lucky~9~Lives
Jazin Kay

- ninja

The spice must flow.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Lucky~9~Lives
Jazin Kay
- ninja
wut :I
Jazin Kay
Lucky~9~Lives
Jazin Kay
- ninja

Next the Turmericians will be wanting liberal representation, and that's a soup nobody wants to be in.
- xp

Greedy Consumer

Jazin Kay
Lucky~9~Lives
Jazin Kay
- ninja
Oreganorian he thought you spelled a spice.

DeathlyGreed's Queen

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
CuAnnan

The spice must flow.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But seriously, if church and state are suppose to be separate, why are they trying to keep atheists out? It shouldn't matter what someone's religious status is. Just because someone doesn't believe in a high power or does believe in one doesn't mean they are morally superior....if that makes sense.
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
But seriously, if church and state are suppose to be separate, why are they trying to keep atheists out?

Because they interpret "separation of church and state" to mean that the state cannot establish a religion, rather than that the state cannot give preferential treatment to a religion, etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff