Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
berklan
XxRagingHomosexualxX
berklan

Sell all those beautiful works of art that were given to it by kings, queens, presidents and potentates that the Vatican shares with the world in its museum? Remind me to never give you an item! ;o

What did Jesus say when a woman bathed His head with expensive ointment after His disciples issued forth the very same complaint as you?

"But when the disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, "Why this waste? For this ointment might have been sold for a large sum, and given to the poor." But Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a beautiful thing to me. For you always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me. In pouring this ointment on my body she has done it to prepare me for burial. Truly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what she has done will be told in memory of her." - (Matt 26:8-13)

I said "sell the vatican" like the actual buildings and all that to feed the poor. I don't think that is what Jesus had in mind when he taught things and all about humility.

Jesus was so pompous. Like he's all that.

Personally, I think the church is full of s**t.

They have spiritual reasons for the things they do even if you don't understand it.
Define "spiritual" and try to comprehend that people are perfectly capable of fully understanding these things yet still think it's all a load of s**t.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
berklan

They have spiritual reasons for the things they do even if you don't understand it.

This is their sole reason:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Church is greedy as f*ck

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
berklan
Sell all those beautiful works of art that were given to it by kings, queens, presidents and potentates that the Vatican shares with the world in its museum? Remind me to never give you an item! ;o

While he didn't say to sell the possessions, such as the art, you do realize that the church could get a s**t ton of money off of that stuff, right? I mean, it's not like they'd be selling it to Jimmy and Jenny Dumbass in ********, MO. That stuff would probably be sold to museums and art collectors...who are people who know how to take care of the art, would pay a lot of money for the art, and would display it for the public to see. Also, the church doesn't NEED the art work, as it does nothing to help with the job they should be focused on, helping the people. Instead, by keeping it, it shows what they're truly concerned about: having their asses kissed and living in the lap of luxury at the expense of the people who believe in their religion.

Quote:
Personally, I think it's wonderful that the Church uses the finest things in the world that God created in worship of Him.

And if they actually put forth the work to justify that kind of lifestyle, maybe I'd agree. However, the only work they've seen to have done recently that involves the public is all the work they did to hide the fact that they've been moving ***** from parish to parish and letting them continue to rape children and going into AIDS ridden Africa and telling them not to use birth control because "it offends god!"

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Rumblestiltskin
berklan

While he didn't say to sell the possessions, such as the art, you do realize that the church could get a s**t ton of money off of that stuff, right? I mean, it's not like they'd be selling it to Jimmy and Jenny Dumbass in ********, MO. That stuff would probably be sold to museums and art collectors...who are people who know how to take care of the art, would pay a lot of money for the art, and would display it for the public to see. Also, the church doesn't NEED the art work, as it does nothing to help with the job they should be focused on, helping the people. Instead, by keeping it, it shows what they're truly concerned about: having their asses kissed and living in the lap of luxury at the expense of the people who believe in their religion.

Quote:
Personally, I think it's wonderful that the Church uses the finest things in the world that God created in worship of Him.

And if they actually put forth the work to justify that kind of lifestyle, maybe I'd agree. However, the only work they've seen to have done recently that involves the public is all the work they did to hide the fact that they've been moving ***** from parish to parish and letting them continue to rape children and going into AIDS ridden Africa and telling them not to use birth control because "it offends god!"

Rumblestiltskin for president.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The Legendary Guest
Blood Valkyrie
The Legendary Guest
Blood Valkyrie
I heard that communion is based on Ancient Egyptian traditions, but that might be false.
OT: Every time I see your signature, I wish you would resave your TekTek. It's adorable!

Quote:
XxRagingHomosexualxX

On-topic: I am a former Catholic. I often wondered, if transubstantiation were real, what part of Jesus are we eating when we swallow the host? A toe-nail? Earlobe, maybe? Worse? User Image

Thanks! xp I'm thinking of doing a different tektek, though.

Anyhoo, I think I heard that Ancient Egyptian thing on Ancient Aliens, so now that I consider it ... it's probably pure bullshit.

I'd still like to know what's on that one. I might put something like that on my alternate account. I love the colors.

Ancient Aliens, what? LOL.

I made that tektek long before the inflation on gaia. I have NO idea what items are on there. I'm actually finishing up a new one, though.

Ancient Aliens is about a bunch of crazy people saying aliens did everything.

Devoted Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Clambake 200
The Legendary Guest
berklan
The Legendary Guest
berklan
The Legendary Guest

My poor stomach. rofl

It doesn't hurt that bad. Come on back home, LG! 3nodding

-cocobleu

I'll be really honest with you, hun - I know you mean well, but there is absolutely no chance of that happening. You're asking me to shove my head up my own a** and I like the fresh air, thanks.
Also, I was baptized without my consent, so I really resent the notion that a church I loathe gets to count me as a member against my will. An organized crime institution is NOT my "home".

We're you confirmed as well?

That makes absolutely no difference in light of the fact that I no longer think any of that means a damn thing. People do all sorts of things under pressure from parents. It is a meaningless ritual, just like the baptism, just like communion.

Are you married?

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
berklan
The Legendary Guest
berklan
The Legendary Guest
berklan
The Legendary Guest

My poor stomach. rofl

-cocobleu

I'll be really honest with you, hun - I know you mean well, but there is absolutely no chance of that happening. You're asking me to shove my head up my own a** and I like the fresh air, thanks.
Also, I was baptized without my consent, so I really resent the notion that a church I loathe gets to count me as a member against my will. An organized crime institution is NOT my "home".

That makes absolutely no difference in light of the fact that I no longer think any of that means a damn thing. People do all sorts of things under pressure from parents. It is a meaningless ritual, just like the baptism, just like communion.

Are you married?

Marriage has legal benefits. It has a use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_and_responsibilities_of_marriages_in_the_United_States

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
XxRagingHomosexualxX
Rumblestiltskin
berklan

Quote:

Would never happen. For one, I'm an atheist. For two, I can't stand most people. For three, I've tried to sell people stuff, and I'm a horrible salesman...and politics are all about selling yourself (I don't mean just whoring yourself out, which is a large part of it, but I also mean convincing people that you are who they want to vote for). I think the best I'd be able to do is run against someone who legitimately should win as they'd actually fit this country, and I'd just promise the most ridiculous things that no one should ever run a campaign on...I imagine I'd get 45% of the vote that way...

Devoted Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Clambake 200
The Legendary Guest
berklan
XxRagingHomosexualxX
berklan

What did Jesus say when a woman bathed His head with expensive ointment after His disciples issued forth the very same complaint as you?

"But when the disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, "Why this waste? For this ointment might have been sold for a large sum, and given to the poor." But Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a beautiful thing to me. For you always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me. In pouring this ointment on my body she has done it to prepare me for burial. Truly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what she has done will be told in memory of her." - (Matt 26:8-13)

I said "sell the vatican" like the actual buildings and all that to feed the poor. I don't think that is what Jesus had in mind when he taught things and all about humility.

Define "spiritual" and try to comprehend that people are perfectly capable of fully understanding these things yet still think it's all a load of s**t.

I already told him when I quoted Jesus on the matter. Calm down before you have a freakin' stroke already.

Devoted Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Clambake 200
Blood Valkyrie
berklan
The Legendary Guest
berklan
The Legendary Guest

Are you married?

Marriage has legal benefits. It has a use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_and_responsibilities_of_marriages_in_the_United_States

I agree.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
XxRagingHomosexualxX
Rumblestiltskin
berklan

Quote:

Here here!

The Church is composed of a bunch of fat, lazy do-nothings.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Rumblestiltskin

Would never happen. For one, I'm an atheist. For two, I can't stand most people. For three, I've tried to sell people stuff, and I'm a horrible salesman...and politics are all about selling yourself (I don't mean just whoring yourself out, which is a large part of it, but I also mean convincing people that you are who they want to vote for). I think the best I'd be able to do is run against someone who legitimately should win as they'd actually fit this country, and I'd just promise the most ridiculous things that no one should ever run a campaign on...I imagine I'd get 45% of the vote that way...

you have my vote.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
berklan
The Legendary Guest
berklan
The Legendary Guest
berklan
The Legendary Guest

My poor stomach. rofl

-cocobleu

Are you married?

What difference would that possibly make? I do not need to be married by the church to be married, that's a legal status.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
berklan
The Legendary Guest
berklan
XxRagingHomosexualxX
berklan

I already told him when I quoted Jesus on the matter. Calm down before you have a freakin' stroke already.

What makes you think I am not calm or have high blood pressure? You're asking me a series of seriously stupid questions when I've plainly stated I think the Church is an organized crime institution. I know where you're going with it and sacraments to non-existent gods are meaningless. Threaten to punch me in my aura while you're at it. rolleyes

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Interitum
That's kind of a gross tradition/belief is it not?

I couldn't argue that.

Also I am reduced to quoting you for a response, since your profile is private and your messages are set to friends only. Please respond. I have something to ask you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff