Xiam
Vlad T
Chieftain Twilight
Vlad T
Chieftain Twilight
Vlad T
Hmm, never heard of this before.

I remember you. hola!

and yeh, it's more than a bit secluded.... the few websites that actually have to do with it are either unfinished with plenty of red links, or else very overrun with idiots.

:,D someone remembers me?!
Ah, probably why I haven't heard of it then. Area there any books published on it?

not that I know of. we generally just journal (concept similar to the Book of Shadows) and read up on Star Wars lore and general philosophy (typically ethics, political theory and theology).

Ah I see, i know some people follow the Jedi code in real life, how does this differ from that if I might ask?

Jedi here. I might be a bit off, but I think generally, we see the Force as something akin to a blend of the Tao and Ch'i. So for Jedi, it's more of a mutual partnership with the Force. We don't really seek out how things can benefit us, we pretty much just seek contentment with what is. I mean, sure, we do try for internal self-improvement, and we may take up a martial art for fitness or self-defense or protection of others, but generally the sentiment is that "Wars not make one great."

I think the Sith do take a more Darwinist approach. Survival of the fittest, and all that. I guess we just go in it for the benefit of all.

Ah I see, thank you.
I feel like like I'm talking to a shoulder angel and devil xD

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Vlad T
Xiam
Vlad T
Chieftain Twilight
Vlad T

Ah, probably why I haven't heard of it then. Area there any books published on it?

not that I know of. we generally just journal (concept similar to the Book of Shadows) and read up on Star Wars lore and general philosophy (typically ethics, political theory and theology).

Ah I see, i know some people follow the Jedi code in real life, how does this differ from that if I might ask?

Jedi here. I might be a bit off, but I think generally, we see the Force as something akin to a blend of the Tao and Ch'i. So for Jedi, it's more of a mutual partnership with the Force. We don't really seek out how things can benefit us, we pretty much just seek contentment with what is. I mean, sure, we do try for internal self-improvement, and we may take up a martial art for fitness or self-defense or protection of others, but generally the sentiment is that "Wars not make one great."

I think the Sith do take a more Darwinist approach. Survival of the fittest, and all that. I guess we just go in it for the benefit of all.

Ah I see, thank you.

Oh man, I hope not. xd

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Vlad T
Xiam
Vlad T
Chieftain Twilight
Vlad T

Ah I see, thank you.

I actually rather like that image. =w= it is fitting.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Xiam
Vlad T
Xiam
Vlad T
Chieftain Twilight
Vlad T

Ah I see, thank you.

Oh man, I hope not. xd

by the way, two things.

1.) where'd you get that awesome medic coat?

2.) are you cosplaying your avatar as Watson?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Chieftain Twilight
Xiam
Vlad T
Xiam
Vlad T

Ah I see, thank you.

Oh man, I hope not. xd

by the way, two things.

I'm not really cosplaying as anyone... but it's the Medical Attention.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Xiam
Chieftain Twilight
Xiam
Vlad T
Xiam
Vlad T

Ah I see, thank you.

Oh man, I hope not. xd

by the way, two things.

I'm not really cosplaying as anyone... but it's the Medical Attention.

I very much like it. and it has a nice variety of poses.

Fashionable Lover

10,600 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Megathread 100
Xiam

While what you say about "mutual partnership" is a much more expert perspective than what i have heard from others, I personally think force-sensitives in general "should" realize we are part of the Force, we are the Force (not to sound arrogant).
Yes it is true that the Jedi Order teaches about self-lessness, but I also believe the whole bit about self-improvement is a Jedi's cardinal sin. Knowledge must be sought, minds cultivated, so as to stay away from the "Dark Side". TO NOT STRAY is so stressed in their teachings, and to not cultivate passion is so necessary that it has unwittingly become the biggest fear of the Order.

When I say, rather than "look out" for our flaws, we should learn to live with them, one cannot realistically reach a state of perfection as a living-breathing organism. (Similar to how Buddhism teaches "liberation from desire" but one "desires Nirvana" wink .

If I may have an opinion about martial arts, I would say they are basically another form of meditation. Trouble will come to everyone in their lifetime, Jedi or Wookie (if I may throw in a little humor in), and learning self-defense seems quite rational, but I believe everyone is also capable of violence (even just to defend), a martial art should strive to teach us to discipline our animal nature, this violence, and even in the face of danger, to not let it get out of control.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
JustBiMe
Xiam

While what you say about "mutual partnership" is a much more expert perspective than what i have heard from others, I personally think force-sensitives in general "should" realize we are part of the Force, we are the Force (not to sound arrogant).
Yes it is true that the Jedi Order teaches about self-lessness, but I also believe the whole bit about self-improvement is a Jedi's cardinal sin. Knowledge must be sought, minds cultivated, so as to stay away from the "Dark Side". TO NOT STRAY is so stressed in their teachings, and to not cultivate passion is so necessary that it has unwittingly become the biggest fear of the Order.

When I say, rather than "look out" for our flaws, we should learn to live with them, one cannot realistically reach a state of perfection as a living-breathing organism. (Similar to how Buddhism teaches "liberation from desire" but one "desires Nirvana" wink .

If I may have an opinion about martial arts, I would say they are basically another form of meditation. Trouble will come to everyone in their lifetime, Jedi or Wookie (if I may throw in a little humor in), and learning self-defense seems quite rational, but I believe everyone is also capable of violence (even just to defend), a martial art should strive to teach us to discipline our animal nature, this violence, and even in the face of danger, to not let it get out of control.

this is what I hoped for and didn't expect; serious discussion and sharing of our wisdom with eachother. mrgreen

your point here reminds me alot of the concept of negotiating with the Inner Beast. striking a balance between the rational, compassionate aspect of one's personality and the instinctual, sometimes raging aspect. even our basest most visceral and carnal desires can eventually explode if we strangle them, and certainly they are dangerous if allowed to run rampant; the only safeguard is to allow them to be expressed in moderation, and direct them towards healthy lanes of expression.

it's probably a bit more dark and gritty than most Lightsiders would agree to, but leastways it isn't as unguided and raw as most Darksiders.
Anything you wish to believe in is viable as long as you believe it. Otherwise you wouldn't.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Destiny Diamond Rush
Anything you wish to believe in is viable as long as you believe it. Otherwise you wouldn't.

that's certainly a statement... but it's too obvious, too broad and too vague. care to elaborate? would you like to share with us why you hold this view, or perhaps expand on exactly what you mean by it?

is it a matter of tolerating other beliefs? or does it stem from a philosophy that there is no correct way of doing things?

come on, be more involved with your response! smile
Chieftain Twilight
Destiny Diamond Rush

that's certainly a statement... but it's too obvious, too broad and too vague. care to elaborate? would you like to share with us why you hold this view, or perhaps expand on exactly what you mean by it?

is it a matter of tolerating other beliefs? or does it stem from a philosophy that there is no correct way of doing things?

No problem. It was the natural response I had.

The Sith faith can be followed quite realistically, and without being considered fundamentally evil. I think the Sith in the Star Wars universe are merely portrayed and dressed up to play to the part simply to support story mechanics, but I for one find their faith to be quite sound. I am a generally logical person, but I do not deny the fire of the emotions that burn inside me. For me, life is a struggle to master those emotions. But rather than to learn to put them aside, I learn to make use of them, drawing on what I feel to increase my ability to get things done. There are times I drive on my passions in a near state of madness, if that makes any sense. The key for me, anyway, is to constantly be capable of backing away and putting those feelings aside, partiularly when it is no longer logical to make use of them. Being in a state where one is ruled by their emotions, is a state of weakness in my eyes. Emotions are powerful, but I think they should be used to serve the will of the person feeling them. And not to be the person simply ruled by their emotions. Emotions alone are very illogical, and that can lead a person down a road of chaos and disorder. Passion drawn upon as needed to accomplish one's goals however, seems far more suitable.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Destiny Diamond Rush
Chieftain Twilight
Destiny Diamond Rush

No problem. It was the natural response I had.

The Sith faith can be followed quite realistically, and without being considered fundamentally evil. I think the Sith in the Star Wars universe are merely portrayed and dressed up to play to the part simply to support story mechanics, but I for one find their faith to be quite sound. I am a generally logical person, but I do not deny the fire of the emotions that burn inside me. For me, life is a struggle to master those emotions. But rather than to learn to put them aside, I learn to make use of them, drawing on what I feel to increase my ability to get things done. There are times I drive on my passions in a near state of madness, if that makes any sense. The key for me, anyway, is to constantly be capable of backing away and putting those feelings aside, partiularly when it is no longer logical to make use of them. Being in a state where one is ruled by their emotions, is a state of weakness in my eyes. Emotions are powerful, but I think they should be used to serve the will of the person feeling them. And not to be the person simply ruled by their emotions. Emotions alone are very illogical, and that can lead a person down a road of chaos and disorder. Passion drawn upon as needed to accomplish one's goals however, seems far more suitable.

now that is interesting. it reminds me of many Sith Apprentices, and even Darth Sidious' sentiments on the powers of emotions. it seems a bit idealistic to me.
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Quote:
Darwinists

I also don't see how Darwinism is a path/faith or even a philosophy of some sort. Isn't it just a way of saying those that accept evolution?

I think he means social darwinism. I'm probably wrong though. sweatdrop

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Livestand
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Quote:
Darwinists

I also don't see how Darwinism is a path/faith or even a philosophy of some sort. Isn't it just a way of saying those that accept evolution?

I actually havn't heard that term before. could you enlighten me on it's definition?

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Livestand
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Quote:
Darwinists

Your guess is as good as mine. -shrug- It wasn't an important point to me so I dropped it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff