Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
how many of you out here would identify with Sith Realism? what about those of you who don't associate as Sith but still feel that the Sith Code is correct or speaks to your ethical sensibilities?

for those of you who don't know, the code is as follows:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through Victory my bonds are broken.
The Force shall set me free.

Sith Realism is a path of self-empowerment and philosophical ethics. it tends to attract people of other paths or faiths as well, such as Satanists, Chaos Magi, Anarchists, Darwinists, and sadly also fascists and communists (the bad kind).

there are also other branches of Sith Realism. one of them is Rule of Two Sithism, which takes it's philosophies from the fictional character Darth Bane. they believe in dictatorships of the strong, with one leader representing the one who has power, and that leader's heir representing the one who covets power. this is designed to ensure that the fittest rules.

another branch is One Sith Realists, who follow the philosphies of the fictional character, Darth Krayt. they believe that Sithism is the best path for everyone, and that it should be the state religion of a nation.

there is also Revanite Sith Realism, which is the belief in the teachings of Revan/Darth Revan; that The Force is greater than Dark Side and Light Side, and always seeks balance. in many ways, it is a combination of Taoism and Egoism, with the Sith Code applied to it (and sometimes also Chaos Magic philosophy).

I myself am a Revanite Sith Realist. anyone else want to represent?

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Quote:
There is no peace, there is only passion.

I think I understand everything else being said, but I don't get that.
I don't see how being passionate can take away from peace. Some are passionate about peace and equality and things that people associate with peace. Or is it something along the lines of passion = greed?
... I'm just not getting this.

Quote:
Darwinists

I also don't see how Darwinism is a path/faith or even a philosophy of some sort. Isn't it just a way of saying those that accept evolution?

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Quote:

I don't see how being passionate can take away from peace. Some are passionate about peace and equality and things that people associate with peace. Or is it something along the lines of passion = greed?

Quote:
Darwinists

I also don't see how Darwinism is a path/faith or even a philosophy of some sort. Isn't it just a way of saying those that accept evolution?

it's not that Passion takes away from Peace; it is simply that Peace is never constant -- there is always conflict and dynamic, and Passion exists through these. you can have moments of Peace, sure, but even that Peace is just a fading thing, surrounded by a storm of Change.

Passion is also the most important trait a person can have. it leads to all these great things, ultimately Freedom.

I would never be able to stand the idea of heaven or nervana; bliss and tranquility would be torture. I'm restless, I need Chaos.

also, darwinism isn't so much a philosophy or a religion... but it realy has taken on an almost cult-like following. many people don't just accept darwin's theories as logical science, they refuse to even consider the possibilities that it could be expended or updated.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Chieftain Twilight
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Quote:

Quote:
Darwinists

it's not that Passion takes away from Peace; it is simply that Peace is never constant -- there is always conflict and dynamic, and Passion exists through these. you can have moments of Peace, sure, but even that Peace is just a fading thing, surrounded by a storm of Change.

Passion is also the most important trait a person can have. it leads to all these great things, ultimately Freedom.

I would never be able to stand the idea of heaven or nervana; bliss and tranquility would be torture. I'm restless, I need Chaos.

I get passion leading to freedom. I suppose I agree with that, other than that passion can make you blind to things and thus make you closed minded... which isn't freedom to me (more of a too much of a good thing... thing). I just don't get how the lack of peace factors into it. What does that have to do with passion leading to freedom? That peace doesn't lead to freedom?

Quote:
also, darwinism isn't so much a philosophy or a religion... but it realy has taken on an almost cult-like following. many people don't just accept darwin's theories as logical science, they refuse to even consider the possibilities that it could be expended or updated.

Uh... source?
I've never seen a cult-like following of the predecessors to current theories beyond a few people that are unable to move on... which I wouldn't consider a cult-like following. I've also never heard of something being called a cult simply because others disagree (okay, I have, but it's usually an unfounded insult beyond a "all religions are cults" sort of thing).
For the most part I don't see how being a darwinist would suggest that someone could be drawn to Sith Realism. They don't seem related since darwinism, as far as I'm aware, doesn't make philosophical statements.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Quote:

Quote:
Darwinists

I get passion leading to freedom. I suppose I agree with that, other than that passion can make you blind to things and thus make you closed minded... which isn't freedom to me (more of a too much of a good thing... thing). I just don't get how the lack of peace factors into it. What does that have to do with passion leading to freedom? That peace doesn't lead to freedom?

Quote:

Uh... source?
I've never seen a cult-like following of the predecessors to current theories beyond a few people that are unable to move on... which I wouldn't consider a cult-like following. I've also never heard of something being called a cult simply because others disagree (okay, I have, but it's usually an unfounded insult beyond a "all religions are cults" sort of thing).
For the most part I don't see how being a darwinist would suggest that someone could be drawn to Sith Realism. They don't seem related since darwinism, as far as I'm aware, doesn't make philosophical statements.

I have nothing against darwinism, except that I feel there are just a few flaws that should be tweaked. I find that the proof of evolution is perfectly clear. I'm not a creationist.

also, I wouldn't have a source for my claim. it's realy just an opinion, I suppose. but not everyone who accepts evolution accepts darwinism.

and it isn't that darwinists are drawn to Sithism inherently, but that Siths tend to agree strongly with Darwin's theory of Natural Selection.

also, yes. ^_^ it is my opinion that Peace cannot lead to Freedom. "Freedom isn't Free" as the saying goes; it's earned or won only through conflict. in many cases, war.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I just realized I made a mistake in the Code. I corrected it, in case it matters. after all, how it's interpreted can make a difference.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Chieftain Twilight
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Quote:

Quote:
Darwinists

Quote:

Uh... source?

I have nothing against darwinism, except that I feel there are just a few flaws that should be tweaked. I find that the proof of evolution is perfectly clear. I'm not a creationist.

also, I wouldn't have a source for my claim. it's realy just an opinion, I suppose. but not everyone who accepts evolution accepts darwinism.

and it isn't that darwinists are drawn to Sithism inherently, but that Siths tend to agree strongly with Darwin's theory of Natural Selection.

also, yes. ^_^ it is my opinion that Peace cannot lead to Freedom. "Freedom isn't Free" as the saying goes; it's earned or won only through conflict. in many cases, war.

Okay.

Quote:

So this line is in reference to what leads to freedom? It's not a standalone statement?

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight
Raspberry Flavored Milk

Quote:

Uh... source?

Okay.

Quote:

So this line is in reference to what leads to freedom? It's not a standalone statement?

correct. it's seen as a truth, which once acknowledged and accepted, starts a chain reaction that eventually leads to liberation.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Chieftain Twilight

correct. it's seen as a truth, which once acknowledged and accepted, starts a chain reaction that eventually leads to liberation.

Okay.
Hm. I feel like I'd need to know more before I accepted such a thing fully, or at least state that I do.
Interesting though.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight

Okay.
Hm. I feel like I'd need to know more before I accepted such a thing fully, or at least state that I do.
Interesting though.

the one thing that links Sith Realism together is that code. besides that, it's a very individualistic Path, based on how one interprets the Code.

and, as I said above, there are branches of it based on the different teachings of Dark Lords in the Star Wars storyline.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Chieftain Twilight

the one thing that links Sith Realism together is that code. besides that, it's a very individualistic Path, based on how one interprets the Code.

and, as I said above, there are branches of it based on the different teachings of Dark Lords in the Star Wars storyline.

So it summarizes into "the world isn't fair, I get where I want with my own ambition/action/motivation." Then separates based on whether one wants a dictatorship of the fittest, if they want everyone to follow said belief as a nation, or if The Force is a force creating balance? Couldn't someone believe all of those?

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight

So it summarizes into "the world isn't fair, I get where I want with my own ambition/action/motivation." Then separates based on whether one wants a dictatorship of the fittest, if they want everyone to follow said belief as a nation, or if The Force is a force creating balance? Couldn't someone believe all of those?

they could. they could mix it however they want. it doesn't even have to fall into one of these specific branches.

myself, I'm an Anarcho-Syndicalist, a Chaos Mage and a Revanite. I hate authoritarian rule, tyranny and dictatorships. not your standard Sith as portrayed in the Star Wars setting. but I still trust in the wisdom of the Code.

there is no real centralized Sith religion. you could be your very own kind of Sith. for this very reason, there are also quite alot of idiots running around thinking they can use Force Lightning, and dreaming of fallout, and being dicks for the sake of being evil. xp

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
by the way, if it seems like I'm trying to make you convert, I'm not. sweatdrop I'm just explaining it and answering questions. just wanted to be clear about that.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Chieftain Twilight
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight

they could. they could mix it however they want. it doesn't even have to fall into one of these specific branches.

myself, I'm an Anarcho-Syndicalist, a Chaos Mage and a Revanite. I hate authoritarian rule, tyranny and dictatorships. not your standard Sith as portrayed in the Star Wars setting. but I still trust in the wisdom of the Code.

there is no real centralized Sith religion. you could be your very own kind of Sith. for this very reason, there are also quite alot of idiots running around thinking they can use Force Lightning, and dreaming of fallout, and being dicks for the sake of being evil. xp

I don't see any attempt at conversion. No worries.

So it's correct that the code summarizes into "the world isn't fair, I get where I want with my own ambition/action/motivation"? And that the only necessity to be a Sith Realist is to accept and attempt to live by the code?
I suppose I could see myself as a Sith Realist if the above is the only necessary part... but Satanism already encompasses that and expands on it. Seems a bit redundant for me.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight

I don't see any attempt at conversion. No worries.

So it's correct that the code summarizes into "the world isn't fair, I get where I want with my own ambition/action/motivation"? And that the only necessity to be a Sith Realist is to accept and attempt to live by the code?
I suppose I could see myself as a Sith Realist if the above is the only necessary part... but Satanism already encompasses that and expands on it. Seems a bit redundant for me.

pretty much, yeh. it's all about self-empowerment and motivation. the one difference between a Sith and a Satanist is that Sith believe in the Force, and Satanists are materialists. everything else is, as you said, completely redundant.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff