Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dieu des hommes
LoveLoud837
of all single people.
Sure, but single people can have a family and raise children.

Single people.. that aren't single. They are lying. Do you want to be raised by open liars? Would a kid believe you if you told them something was right or wrong?

Zealot

LoveLoud837
Single people.. that aren't single. They are lying. Do you want to be raised by open liars? Would a kid believe you if you told them something was right or wrong?
People that openly lie to a state that oppresses their sexual and familial choices? Yes I would want to be raised by people with that courage.
Dieu des hommes
LoveLoud837
People that openly lie to a state that oppresses their sexual and familial choices? Yes I would want to be raised by people with that courage.

So you want to teach your children to be rebellious to authority? Throw F-bombs at police and never listen to teachers?

Zealot

LoveLoud837
So you want to teach your children to be rebellious to authority? Throw F-bombs at police and never listen to teachers?
So rebelling against unfair treatment equates to all of that? I remember when all those darn rebellious black men and their civil rights nonsense would throw f-bombs at the police and never listen to their teachers. Why ever did we change the law for those rebellious good-for-nothings.

I want to teach my children to question authority. There is no need for unreasonable restriction of liberty.
Dieu des hommes
LoveLoud837
So rebelling against unfair treatment equates to all of that? I remember when all those darn rebellious black men and their civil rights nonsense would throw f-bombs at the police and never listen to their teachers. Why ever did we change the law for those rebellious good-for-nothings.

I want to teach my children to question authority. There is no need for unreasonable restriction of liberty.

Good parenting teaches children to respect authority. There are no unreasonable restrictions of liberty to those who respect and follow authority.

Zealot

LoveLoud837
Good parenting teaches children to respect authority. There are no unreasonable restrictions of liberty to those who respect and follow authority.
Good parenting teaches children to question the world, to look after themselves, to make do with what is given to them, to share happiness and joy with other humans, to fight for a better world and to treat other people and the world they live on with respect. Respecting authority is only relevant if the authority in question deserves respect, even then it is secondary to what I listed.

Tell that to the citizens of North Korea. They respect and follow authority; surely there then are no unreasonable restrictions to liberty there.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
LoveLoud837
Blood Valkyrie
LoveLoud837
Blood Valkyrie
LoveLoud837
If polygamy is illegal in a state, then they should not be allowed to adopt because that would be teaching the kid to break the law.

Legally marrying more than one person is illegal. Multiple adults living together and sharing each other sexually (which is another form of polygamy) is not illegal.

So your asking for a family that is not a family to adopt? I guess in this culture that makes perfect sense but i see complications.

Actually, that is a type of family.

of all single people.

Not single, because they have partners, each other. Even if they were all single, they would still be a family.

EDIT: I'd like to point out something funny. My boyfriend calls himself single because he lives alone. I usually go over and stay with him a few weeks at a time, but he technically lives alone. However, he tells everybody and their mother that I'm his girlfriend. What exactly the word single means in this context really depends on several things.
Oh gosh no! They shouldn't at all. My little sister is adopted, with family differences why is she different and family members look the same.

That at first had her fearful.

Try adding many mom's in there. I can't imagen how hellish that bonding would be like. And when Dad gets bored and adds a younger "wife". I'm sure in general that would all around be unhealthy.

Just no.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Owchy crying
Oh gosh no! They shouldn't at all. My little sister is adopted, with family differences why is she different and family members look the same.

Try adding many mom's in there. I can't imagen how hellish that bonding would be like. And when Dad gets bored and adds a younger "wife". I'm sure in general that would all around be unhealthy.

Just no.

Wut?
Blood Valkyrie
Owchy crying

Just no.

Wut?

She looks differnt then the adoptive parents and will ask why. That is what I meant, sorry made a mess there and didn't notice.

Floppy Member

Owchy crying
Blood Valkyrie
Owchy crying

Just no.

Wut?

She looks differnt then the adoptive parents and will ask why. That is what I meant, sorry made a mess there and didn't notice.

Then they explain that she's adopted. So? Many people adopt children from overseas or domestically who look nothing like them. This is less of a problem than having no parents and being raised in an institution by staff.

How many children do you have?

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Owchy crying
Blood Valkyrie
Owchy crying

Just no.

Wut?

Just tell her she's adopted. No need to lie to a kid. What does that have to do with anything, anyway?

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
9/10 most polygamy families are made up on strict religious upbringings in a close off isolated civilization far away from average daily people of the real world. What's the point of even attempting to adopt a child when the male of the household already have a** loads of children by multiple women?

I greatly disapprove the idea of a polygamy family taking in an orphan. You see children without families are already in the system like environment the government provides until they're too old to be adopted. No child should be remove from a system into a even stricter close off system such a polygamy. Especially if that child is a girl. Not sure what gender the kid the family was hoping to get. But either way I'm glad they turn the polygamist away.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Blood Valkyrie
LoveLoud837
Blood Valkyrie
LoveLoud837
Blood Valkyrie
LoveLoud837
If polygamy is illegal in a state, then they should not be allowed to adopt because that would be teaching the kid to break the law.

Legally marrying more than one person is illegal. Multiple adults living together and sharing each other sexually (which is another form of polygamy) is not illegal.

So your asking for a family that is not a family to adopt? I guess in this culture that makes perfect sense but i see complications.

of all single people.

Not single, because they have partners, each other. Even if they were all single, they would still be a family.

EDIT: I'd like to point out something funny. My boyfriend calls himself single because he lives alone. I usually go over and stay with him a few weeks at a time, but he technically lives alone. However, he tells everybody and their mother that I'm his girlfriend. What exactly the word single means in this context really depends on several things.

You're his girlfriend who do not live under the same roof as him. So yes he is correct when he said he is single. There is no confusion or double meaning of the word single.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Hikarulawl
Blood Valkyrie
LoveLoud837
Blood Valkyrie
LoveLoud837

of all single people.

You're his girlfriend who do not live under the same roof as him. So yes he is correct when he said he is single. There is no confusion or double meaning of the word single.

Ah ok. Cool!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces