Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Discuss about the possibility of worshiping oneself as a form of religion.

Possible traits of a person who worship oneself
- exudes extreme high level of confidence (high self esteem)
- sees oneself as a powerful being or even to the level of divinity
AlastorFate

Sounds like narcissistic personality disorder.

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lucky~9~Lives
AlastorFate

Sounds like narcissistic personality disorder.

Some forms could be while some are not.
It depends on what other primary traits that person has.

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
I would say that the very idea of most religions is to worship one's own thought processes as these sacred, mysterious, unequivocably mystical and unknowable things that God or the divine force in question created out of thin ether.

In the worship of oneself i suppose one thing can be said that cannot be said for most other religions. Your deity exists in the way it is presented to exist.

That doesn't make it any less silly to me, mind you, given the lack of control you have over our world, even if it is more than the Bible does. Disney, for example, commands a legion of souls and he's not even alive anymore! <---That was a joke.

Eloquent Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
stealthmongoose
I would say that the very idea of most religions is to worship one's own thought processes as these sacred, mysterious, unequivocably mystical and unknowable things that God or the divine force in question created out of thin ether.

In the worship of oneself i suppose one thing can be said that cannot be said for most other religions. Your deity exists in the way it is presented to exist.

That doesn't make it any less silly to me, mind you, given the lack of control you have over our world, even if it is more than the Bible does. Disney, for example, commands a legion of souls and he's not even alive anymore! <---That was a joke.

I wouldn't say having control over the world is a crucial requisite to self worshiping. Self worship adopted as a belief is more of an internalized representation of oneself rather than an external influence over his or her environment or the world.

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
AlastorFate
stealthmongoose

I wouldn't say having control over the world is a crucial requisite to self worshiping. Self worship adopted as a belief is more of an internalized representation of oneself rather than an external influence over his or her environment or the world.

Ah, my mistake, i've been arguing deistically for so long i thought you saw yourself as some sort of deity beyond the realms of your own abilities like others seem to do ad proxy.

That potentially not being the case, i can respect the notion of self worship to a realistic extent. Everybody loves what they do.
Are you separating this idea from a religion like, LaVayan Satanism?

Hallowed Hunter

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
AlastorFate

You are essentially describing narcissism, which is a mental disorder.

If you want to worship yourself, I'd recommend solipsism. Maybe mixed with hedonism.

Beyond that is just silly, imo.

Anxious Humorist

13,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
castigat ridendo mores

I agree with much of what he's saying, but I wonder what this video has to do with this discussion (the self-worship angle, maybe?), and why he sounds so angry. xd
I got into that for a while... It was fun, I can give you some pointers for making arguments defending your own divinity if you would like of me. It has been a while now, so I might be a bit rusty.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Sohisohi
I got into that for a while... It was fun, I can give you some pointers for making arguments defending your own divinity if you would like of me. It has been a while now, so I might be a bit rusty.

Statistically speaking, only people who aren't me die.

Eloquent Hunter

stealthmongoose

It seems silly to you that there might be people who are actively trying to better the world around them? I think you would be surprised at what a single person can accomplish in their lifetime and how it affects the world, country, and/or community.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
My first question would be: What have you done and what can you do that makes you worth worshiping?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff