Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strange how the world's religions differ due to location. And this is because in the early years of life, people had no communication with other cultures. Sooooo... doesnt that kindof hint that all religions have nothing to do with actual knowledge? in the early years people would believe anything a person said, because they had no reason not to. now, if a person says thier part of god, theyre put in an asylum for insanity. unless there are gods over different parts of the world:everything is wrong! sorry for the rambling. flame if you want.
Common ********' sense tells you that two objects can not take up the same space.

Same applies to religion.
If particular religious beliefs were universal, they would be common to all geographical locations.
Since they aren't,
1. Only a certain group of people learned the truth or
2. None of them are right, like you're suggesting.

Personally, I don't think that this is a very strong argument against religion.
Quote:
If particular religious beliefs were universal, they would be common to all geographical locations.
Since they aren't,
1. Only a certain group of people learned the truth or
2. None of them are right, like you're suggesting.

Personally, I don't think that this is a very strong argument against religion.
I know. but Its nice to get it off my mind. i wanted tyo mention this superjesusfreak friend of mine whom i asked"what do you think bout other religions", they replied"I think that unless they find the way of christian god, theyll go to hell."
I think it's a fine question, if not a little vague sweatdrop ...

I'm a Christian. HOWEVER, I have a very questioning and tolerant mind. I believe that many religions are actually worshipping the same "Jehovah" God. They just know him in different ways and by different names.

For example, consider the "Great Spirit" of the Native American tribes. A good way to look at this is by reading the "Dear America" book, "Standing in the Light". It's in a diary format and about a young Quaker girl who is captured by an Indian tribe along with her brother. She learns a lot. ^^
Geh... where to even start...

Yes, there's lots of religions. In fact, there's at least one in almost every culture, and in most cases they came up with them all by themselves. Independently.

Some of them are very different, depending on what parts of the religion you're looking at. Many of them are very similar, depending on what parts of the religion you're looking at.

You have much more data available in your statements than you're actually addressing.

Quote:
Sooooo... doesnt that kindof hint that all religions have nothing to do with actual knowledge?

No. It kind of hints that there were similar reasons behind hundreds of geographically isolated cultures coming up with the idea of supernatural entities that helped and harmed people by giving them sets of rules to live by.

There is an anthropological and sociological explanation for this, in addition to several spiritual ones.

The scientific explanation is not "people were more gullible thousands of years ago for no explicable reason". Nor did it have anything to do with massive conspiracies to make the populace into sheep.

Quote:
unless there are gods over different parts of the world:everything is wrong!

For argument's sake, why are you ruling out the first one? wink
Quote:
Strange how the world's religions differ due to location. And this is because in the early years of life, people had no communication with other cultures. Sooooo... doesnt that kindof hint that all religions have nothing to do with actual knowledge? in the early years people would believe anything a person said, because they had no reason not to. now, if a person says thier part of god, theyre put in an asylum for insanity. unless there are gods over different parts of the world:everything is wrong! sorry for the rambling. flame if you want.

People created their religions based on what they could see, what was real to them. That's why African religions don't tend to have a goddess of snow and why the celts didn't have a god of desert.
Now, as to if they're real or not, that's anyone's guess. Even if they don't physically exist, they still exist in people's minds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff