• Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter

Religion is becoming a political and social cause. So the enemy of religion would be a conflict and therefore is being involved politically. If you look at militant atheists like The Amazing Atheist or DarkMatter2525, you'll find political and social issues concerning religion's negatives in their videos. And militant atheism was used by communists who sought to destroy religion practice in the nation due to the fact they were the ones who wanted to be seen as leaders. They would even execute people who were religious.

Try having a full point. That is more than just atheism. Atheism is not believing in a deity. How is that any sort of ******** comment on social issues?

People able to practice religion or not practice religion. There are those like Rick Sanatorum who would make church the head of the country and make everybody christians. And the point is even though its more than atheism, it's still atheism to a degree. Just like militant Christianity. It's how you practice what you preach.

The main component isn't atheism. Atheism on its own cannot suggest action. Christianity can and does.

Christianity says to me: Alashuko, go be yourself. I love you for who you are bro. Share wisdom for me. Don't be a bigot.

Christianity is just believing in God. I just wanna practice it. I'm not going out on streets preaching repentance or going door to door telling people about God. I believe humans should just become whatever they are by being themselves. I believe humans shouldn't enforce religion on others.

No, it isn't just believing in God. You yourself in the sentence above disagree with it just being believing in God by saying more than that. There's a whole book load of things said, some of them tell you how to act in some ways.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter

Religion is becoming a political and social cause. So the enemy of religion would be a conflict and therefore is being involved politically. If you look at militant atheists like The Amazing Atheist or DarkMatter2525, you'll find political and social issues concerning religion's negatives in their videos. And militant atheism was used by communists who sought to destroy religion practice in the nation due to the fact they were the ones who wanted to be seen as leaders. They would even execute people who were religious.

Try having a full point. That is more than just atheism. Atheism is not believing in a deity. How is that any sort of ******** comment on social issues?

People able to practice religion or not practice religion. There are those like Rick Sanatorum who would make church the head of the country and make everybody christians. And the point is even though its more than atheism, it's still atheism to a degree. Just like militant Christianity. It's how you practice what you preach.

The main component isn't atheism. Atheism on its own cannot suggest action. Christianity can and does.

Christianity says to me: Alashuko, go be yourself. I love you for who you are bro. Share wisdom for me. Don't be a bigot.

Christianity is just believing in God. I just wanna practice it. I'm not going out on streets preaching repentance or going door to door telling people about God. I believe humans should just become whatever they are by being themselves. I believe humans shouldn't enforce religion on others.

No, it isn't just believing in God. You yourself in the sentence above disagree with it just being believing in God by saying more than that. There's a whole book load of things said, some of them tell you how to act in some ways.

Like what?

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter

Like what?

Ten Commandments ring a bell?

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter

Like what?

Like thou shall not kill, steal, covet thy neighbors wife?

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter

Like what?

What do you think?

I *said* "There's a whole book load of things said, some of them tell you how to act in some ways." Is there some way in which you see them not being an example of what I said?

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter

Like what?

What do you think?

I *said* "There's a whole book load of things said, some of them tell you how to act in some ways." Is there some way in which you see them not being an example of what I said?

Yeah, but it's common sense not to murder, steal, or any of that. Not unless you want law involved.

Some Christians think you shouldn't smoke weed, shouldn't be gay, or shouldn't be supportive of science. I'm against that and I support marijuana, gays, and science because I don't see any as a sin.

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter

Like what?

What do you think?

Yeah, but it's common sense not to murder, steal, or any of that. Not unless you want law involved.

Does your god like dishonesty? Because in case you haven't forgotten, part of it is not just common sense. "You shall have no other gods before me" and a ban on idolatry are not common sense and you do not get the law involved if you do not follow those. I find it irksome you'd ignore certain commandments for being inconvenient to what you are arguing. That's simply dishonest.

Quote:

Some Christians think you shouldn't smoke weed, shouldn't be gay, or shouldn't be supportive of science. I'm against that and I support marijuana, gays, and science because I don't see any as a sin.

Why are you personally so important? The discussion is about religion and what it can entail, not about how much it entails for you.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War

What do you think?

Does your god like dishonesty? Because in case you haven't forgotten, part of it is not just common sense. "You shall have no other gods before me" and a ban on idolatry are not common sense and you do not get the law involved if you do not follow those. I find it irksome you'd ignore certain commandments for being inconvenient to what you are arguing. That's simply dishonest.

Quote:

Why are you personally so important? The discussion is about religion and what it can entail, not about how much it entails for you.

My point is on how I'm not like the average christian cuz I'm following the bible.

I'm not worshipping other gods. And god ain't killing people because they worship other gods today. He sees our sins and our mistakes and that just makes him want us even more.

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter

What do you think?

Quote:

My point is on how I'm not like the average christian cuz I'm following the bible.

I'm not worshipping other gods. And god ain't killing people because they worship other gods today. He sees our sins and our mistakes and that just makes him want us even more.

I'm not asking for your personal religious views. I'm pointing out that religion and atheism are dissimilar, with Christianity as an example of how religion on its own can tell people to do more than atheism can as atheism is a single belief.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War

What do you think?

Quote:

I'm not asking for your personal religious views. I'm pointing out that religion and atheism are dissimilar, with Christianity as an example of how religion on its own can tell people to do more than atheism can as atheism is a single belief.

Religion tells more, but atheism is still gonna require something.

Now not trying to change the subject on purpose, but which do you think is more realistic? Atheism or agnosticism?

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter
The Herald of War
Alashuko The Fighter

Quote:

Religion tells more, but atheism is still gonna require something.

What do you mean by 'require something'? All it requires to be an atheist is to not believe in a deity. That's it.

Quote:

Now not trying to change the subject on purpose, but which do you think is more realistic? Atheism or agnosticism?

How can agnosticism be 'realistic'? It's a statement of uncertainty. "I don't know for sure" isn't an answer one way or the other to so that seems like a poorly phrased question.
Alashuko The Fighter

What you're doing there is using your brain. Personally I think that's a good thing to do. However that's in contrast to traditional Christianity, because morality for that particular set of doctrines don't work like that. God reveals to humans what is moral and immoral and abhorrent to Him, and not the other way around (humans -> God).

Why is the Bible read in church? It's the Word. We base our values off the inspired Word of God. You interpret the Word to see meaning in your life. When you turn it around, and don't use the Bible to make moral decisions - "I don't see any as a sin" - you're not following God's Word. Am I right?

Alashuko The Fighter
Agree? Disagree? Put your opinions and comments and if possible (hate comments). I decided to post this after thinking about what it would be like if I was atheist. What my political, scientific, and social views would be. And I would be considered a psychopath because of my atheism.

Secondly religious values (in terms of, yes, their militancy) are sometimes taken to be indicative of emotional instability. Previous in this thread you've mentioned "militant atheists" ... but how well does that actually follow through with atheists? Religious and conservative persons often criticize militant atheists for their "moral relativity," progressive or "squishy"/feminine values, "unpatriotic" stances or not standing up for cultural/social traditions. On all four of those points atheists are not being "militant" or inflexible/intolerant; but open-minded towards different morals, different values, and non-traditional stances/traditions.

Anyhow, both Freud and Ellis have made points towards religiosity and ... well ...

Quote:
“Devout, orthodox, or dogmatic religion (or what we might call religiosity) is significantly correlated with emotional disturbance. People largely disturb themselves by believing in absolutistic shoulds, oughts, and musts…. The devoutly religious person tends to be inflexibly closed, intolerant, and unchanging. Religiosity, therefore, is in many respects equivalent to irrational thinking and emotional disturbance.” - Albert Ellis

“It has repeatedly been pointed out (by myself and in particular by Theodor Reik) in how great detail the analogy between religion and obsessional neurosis can be followed out, and how many of the peculiarities and vicissitudes in the formation of religion can be understood in that light. And it tallies well with this that devout believers are safeguarded in a high degree against the risk of certain neurotic illnesses; their acceptance of the universal neurosis spares them the task of constructing a personal one.” - Sigmund Freud

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Brothern
Alashuko The Fighter

What you're doing there is using your brain. Personally I think that's a good thing to do. However that's in contrast to traditional Christianity, because morality for that particular set of doctrines don't work like that. God reveals to humans what is moral and immoral and abhorrent to Him, and not the other way around (humans -> God).

Why is the Bible read in church? It's the Word. We base our values off the inspired Word of God. You interpret the Word to see meaning in your life. When you turn it around, and don't use the Bible to make moral decisions - "I don't see any as a sin" - you're not following God's Word. Am I right?

Alashuko The Fighter
Agree? Disagree? Put your opinions and comments and if possible (hate comments). I decided to post this after thinking about what it would be like if I was atheist. What my political, scientific, and social views would be. And I would be considered a psychopath because of my atheism.

Secondly religious values (in terms of, yes, their militancy) are sometimes taken to be indicative of emotional instability. Previous in this thread you've mentioned "militant atheists" ... but how well does that actually follow through with atheists? Religious and conservative persons often criticize militant atheists for their "moral relativity," progressive or "squishy"/feminine values, "unpatriotic" stances or not standing up for cultural/social traditions. On all four of those points atheists are not being "militant" or inflexible/intolerant; but open-minded towards different morals, different values, and non-traditional stances/traditions.

Anyhow, both Freud and Ellis have made points towards religiosity and ... well ...

Quote:
“Devout, orthodox, or dogmatic religion (or what we might call religiosity) is significantly correlated with emotional disturbance. People largely disturb themselves by believing in absolutistic shoulds, oughts, and musts…. The devoutly religious person tends to be inflexibly closed, intolerant, and unchanging. Religiosity, therefore, is in many respects equivalent to irrational thinking and emotional disturbance.” - Albert Ellis

“It has repeatedly been pointed out (by myself and in particular by Theodor Reik) in how great detail the analogy between religion and obsessional neurosis can be followed out, and how many of the peculiarities and vicissitudes in the formation of religion can be understood in that light. And it tallies well with this that devout believers are safeguarded in a high degree against the risk of certain neurotic illnesses; their acceptance of the universal neurosis spares them the task of constructing a personal one.” - Sigmund Freud

I'm following the bible by reading it. So I'm following the bible by saying being gay is not a sin.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Alashuko The Fighter
Brothern
Alashuko The Fighter

Alashuko The Fighter

Quote:

I'm following the bible by reading it. So I'm following the bible by saying being gay is not a sin.

Cherry picking and adding your own opinion does not a Biblical argument make.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
stealthmongoose
Alashuko The Fighter
Brothern
Alashuko The Fighter

Alashuko The Fighter

Quote:

Cherry picking and adding your own opinion does not a Biblical argument make.

I didn't cherry pick. I read all the verses of the bible and listened to scholars. I did research for 2 weeks before I made my decision.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff