Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stora
Knight Reaver
Stora

And cells wouldn't have the same basic structure if say we were all created by the same creator?

Nope. Because it's like legoes. Every lego is different. But there are some in a pack that are identical.

What do legoes have to do with the creation of the world?

It's a comparison you twit.

2,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Knight Reaver
Stora
Knight Reaver
Stora

And cells wouldn't have the same basic structure if say we were all created by the same creator?

Nope. Because it's like legoes. Every lego is different. But there are some in a pack that are identical.

It's not a revelant comparison, and there's no need for name calling
Westonian
wanderlustmaverick
Westonian
That's a terrible straw man and you both know it.

what do you mean by that?

Do you know what a straw man fallacy is? It's where you take an argument, twist it to something different, and attack it.

Evolution does not say that "8 billion people on this planet are decended from a single celled paramesism that came into being because the peice of it happened to be in the right place at the right time and came to life because a single beam of sunlight struck it." The theory of Evolution doesn't state how life was created, only that it has been repeatedly shown to be constantly changing.

It does not-repeat-not state the origins of life. But that's getting off the subject. Your use of the word "theory" is fallacious. What you have is a personal untestable hypothesis.

And one-word posts are forbidden in ED and it's subforms.
i am refering to the theory of evoloution as understood by the laymen that i am talking to...also i am taking what they said and moving it to its logical conclusion...by discounting the theory of creation the only other alternative is random chance...
and i don't appriciate hypocrisy...
wanderlustmaverick
know what? i would appreiate it if you stop pretending science is omnipotent...

I would if you'd stop pretending some invisible man is omnipotent.

wanderlustmaverick
how many scientific journals do you actually read?

Lots.

wanderlustmaverick
how much do you know beyond what your 10th grade science teacher told you?

Helluva lot more than you probably.

wanderlustmaverick
thats what i thought...

You smarter than you look.

wanderlustmaverick
if you knew anything about science you would know that it is fluid!!! it changes all the time...every time a new discovery is made it will break some of the theories apart and create new ones that is how it has always been and how it will always be...so stop it with that bloody stupid science knows all attitude...

I have not had a science knows all attitude. You've had a bug up your arse. That's all.
Knight Reaver
wanderlustmaverick
know what? i would appreiate it if you stop pretending science is omnipotent...

I would if you'd stop pretending some invisible man is omnipotent.

wanderlustmaverick
how many scientific journals do you actually read?

Lots.

wanderlustmaverick
how much do you know beyond what your 10th grade science teacher told you?

Helluva lot more than you probably.

wanderlustmaverick
thats what i thought...

You smarter than you look.

wanderlustmaverick
if you knew anything about science you would know that it is fluid!!! it changes all the time...every time a new discovery is made it will break some of the theories apart and create new ones that is how it has always been and how it will always be...so stop it with that bloody stupid science knows all attitude...

I have not had a science knows all attitude. You've had a bug up your arse. That's all.
That was a very cunning argument there...almost thou persuadeth me
Stora
Knight Reaver
Stora
Knight Reaver
Stora

Yes it is a relevant comparison. What in the gods' names would an omnipotent being need with legoes?
wanderlustmaverick
That was a very cunning argument there...almost thou persuadeth me

I'm not trying to. But hey, if I did, then I did. rolleyes
Knight Reaver
Stora
Knight Reaver
Stora
Knight Reaver
Stora

Yes it is a relevant comparison. What in the gods' names would an omnipotent being need with legoes?
stretch your mind...if you have one then you will be able to understand what a metaphor is
Stora
And it's more logical that we came from pond scum?
Yes, it is. Because they reproduce so quickly, bacteria mutate at a much faster rate than plants, animals, and fungi do. They have been shown, in laboratories, to adapt on a genetic level, which is directly evident of evolution. This can happen right in your own body when you're sick: if you're taking an antibiotic, but a single bacterium mutates the ability to resist it, then it will produce an entire strain of resistant bacteria, while the non-resistant bacteria die out. This is an example of natural selection, which is the mechanism through which evolution works.

Young Earth Creationism, however, needs to pretend that many scientifically proven facts are faulty. For example, since dating techniques prove that the earth is billions of years old, they need to pretend that these techniques don't work, while this claim has no scientific basis.

Also, there is no evidence to suggest that we descend from a couple in Mesopotamia. The earliest hominid remains found (who are our direct decendents, but were a different species) have all been dug up in South-Eastern Africa, not mesopotamia. ((link)
wanderlustmaverick
i am refering to the theory of evoloution as understood by the laymen that i am talking to

What laymen?

Quote:
...also i am taking what they said and moving it to its logical conclusion...by discounting the theory of creation the only other alternative is random chance...

<center>User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.</center>

You lack imagination. Intelligent design. Meteoric ribonucleic acids. Abiogenesis.

Quote:
and i don't appriciate hypocrisy...

Relevance?

Can everyone please take two minutes away from the thread to cool off? This is getting a bit out of hand.
wanderlustmaverick
Knight Reaver
Stora
Knight Reaver
Stora
Knight Reaver
Stora

stretch your mind...if you have one then you will be able to understand what a metaphor is

I know what a metaphor is. And that was not one. That was nothing close to a metaphor. So, grow a mind.
Whom
Stora
And it's more logical that we came from pond scum?
Yes, it is. Because they reproduce so quickly, bacteria mutate at a much faster rate than plants, animals, and fungi do. They have been shown, in laboratories, to adapt on a genetic level, which is directly evident of evolution. This can happen right in your own body when you're sick: if you're taking an antibiotic, but a single bacterium mutates the ability to resist it, then it will produce an entire strain of resistant bacteria, while the non-resistant bacteria die out. This is an example of natural selection, which is the mechanism through which evolution works.

Young Earth Creationism, however, needs to pretend that many scientifically proven facts are faulty. For example, since dating techniques prove that the earth is billions of years old, they need to pretend that these techniques don't work, while this claim has no scientific basis.

Also, there is no evidence to suggest that we descend from a couple in Mesopotamia. The earliest hominid remains found (who are our direct decendents, but were a different species) have all been dug up in South-Eastern Africa, not mesopotamia. ((link)
and yet they bear less genetic resemblance to us then gorillas...hmmm...what does that say?
wanderlustmaverick
and yet they bear less genetic resemblance to us then gorillas...hmmm...what does that say?
Source? Cause the link Whom provided says they were "intermediate between apes and humans".
wanderlustmaverick

It says that gorillas, humans, and the pre-human intermediate species are on the same Order of the genetic tree.

2,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Lunar Faeri
wanderlustmaverick
Source? Cause the link Whom provided says they were "intermediate between apes and humans".

And just because someone wrote something and it's on a webpage on the internet makes it a fact?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff