Welcome to Gaia! ::

gayruto
I posted before. My post was "Is gayity wrong?'. Someone said no. Well I have another question for all you christians out there. If you are gay or bi do you go to Hell?
Why not? Why would beong gay save you from hell?
chessiejo
well, i think it comes down to Jesus being god. so, god is not an old hairy man on a throne in the clouds, god is Jesus.

Jesus is also called the 'firstborn of many brothers", and in the first chapter of John's gospel it says that there are those who are born not of the flesh or the will of a man, but of the spirit, who can be called children of god.

but we're all children by adoption; Jesus is one with god, and is in fact God.
Care to clarify that? Several instances explicitly describe them as separate entities with a Father-Son relationship:

Matthew 3:13-17 "Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

Psalms 110:1 "THE LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

Romans 8:14-17 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

1 Corinthians 11 "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."

The lattermost reference is most interesting. The structure seems to dictate that in all three instances, the two compared items are of a distinct yet interrelated entities. Inferring that Christ = God is the same as inferring that man = woman and mankind = Christ.
Quote:
1) If we say that just for this question, souls, God, and Jesus all exist, then what happened to people's souls before Jesus died?

God judges people according to their law ie. concience if they have never heard his law. If they were true to their concience and right and wrong and stuff, i guess they woudl be accepted as righteousness.

Quote:
2) If we say that just for this question, souls, God, and Jesus all exist, and if when you go to hell you have no body, just a soul, how does Satan or whoever torture you, as in order to feel pain, you need a body, what with the nerves and the brain and all that. If you have no body, you shouldn't be able to feel pain, as you have nothing to feel it with.

where does it say Satan will torture you? isnt it just a missconception about the evil little devils and the under the earth caverns alight with fire? Yea, there is the lake of fire in revelations and stuff. The pain inflicted might be spiritual pain, which, i guess, is worse. its not like the spirit is a ghost, the spirit is i guess, the essence of a person.

Quote:
) If God did not want Adam and Eve to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, why did he put the tree in the garden of Eden in the first place?

I guess it was a test of thier obedience na love for him. It would also strengthen their relationship with God, but they failed. I dunno...

Quote:
5) Thinking about it, why did God put that bloodly snake there and all. And he can talk! Where was God when the snake was telling Eve about the Tree? And why didn't He just go "Shut up, shut up, that snake a lair! Forget him! Listen to me!" when the snake was telling Eve all this? God is meant to be all-power and all-seeing after all!

God didnt put the snake in the tree, it was Satan who put himself in the tree.
And in a sense, God had already told them not to eat it, and he didnt need to intervine on Eve and the snakes little convo cos Eve needed to make the choice for herself whether shewould listen to God or the snake man. That is free will.

Quote:
6)And before Adam and Eve ate the apple from the tree, they what completely innocent! They didn't know about death and dying. So why did the all-knowing God tell Adam and Eve that they would die, because it was pointless because they didn't know what death was. God's a bit of a moron sometimes? Or was He just learning?

God might have explained to them what Death was, but ultimatly, he probably made it clear that eating the fruit was disobedience.
Some of those types of things might have happened, but the bible simply did not put it in because it was irrelevant.
1) If we say that just for this question, souls, God, and Jesus all exist, then what happened to people's souls before Jesus died?

hmm looks like he botched that up....

2) If we say that just for this question, souls, God, and Jesus all exist, and if when you go to hell you have no body, just a soul, how does Satan or whoever torture you, as in order to feel pain, you need a body, what with the nerves and the brain and all that. If you have no body, you shouldn't be able to feel pain, as you have nothing to feel it with.

umm... the same way santa makes it to all those houses in time for christmas?

3) Could someone tell me why Noah was saved from the floods? Because I've heard that it is because he was a good person, and that he was "just and righteous", yet in Genesis 9:21 he clearly gets drunk, and lies around naked in his tent! This is proven but the quotation "And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent." Gen 9:20-21

lol, well the bible is a big contradiction full of crap, maybe whoever wrote that was drunk and naked too.

4) If God did not want Adam and Eve to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, why did he put the tree in the garden of Eden in the first place?

because god is a p***k and (if he was real) created a live 'animal' just to torture it, nice....

5) Thinking about it, why did God put that bloodly snake there and all. And he can talk! Where was God when the snake was telling Eve about the Tree? And why didn't He just go "Shut up, shut up, that snake a lair! Forget him! Listen to me!" when the snake was telling Eve all this? God is meant to be all-power and all-seeing after all!

he was watching from behind the bushes waiting to bust them so he could ******** them up!! he probably put the snake up to it in the first place..

6)And before Adam and Eve ate the apple from the tree, they what completely innocent! They didn't know about death and dying. So why did the all-knowing God tell Adam and Eve that they would die, because it was pointless because they didn't know what death was. God's a bit of a moron sometimes? Or was He just learning?

yes that is another contradiction isnt it? in the bible!? who would have thought....... stare

Please answer as many questions as possable. Thank you for your time
Gold_Autumn

hmm looks like he botched that up....

umm... the same way santa makes it to all those houses in time for christmas?

3) Could someone tell me why Noah was saved from the floods? Because I've heard that it is because he was a good person, and that he was "just and righteous", yet in Genesis 9:21 he clearly gets drunk, and lies around naked in his tent! This is proven but the quotation "And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent." Gen 9:20-21

lol, well the bible is a big contradiction full of crap, maybe whoever wrote that was drunk and naked too.

4) If God did not want Adam and Eve to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, why did he put the tree in the garden of Eden in the first place?

because god is a p***k and (if he was real) created a live 'animal' just to torture it, nice....

he was watching from behind the bushes waiting to bust them so he could ******** them up!! he probably put the snake up to it in the first place..

yes that is another contradiction isnt it? in the bible!? who would have thought....... stare

Please answer as many questions as possable. Thank you for your time

Gold_Autumn, you are a bloody legend...saying what we are all thinking
PenguinSeph
Hi! I'm PenguinSeph and this is my first topic in ED! If I'm doingg something that I'm not meant to, sorry.

Anyway, I was wondering about some things about Christianity and I thought you of some questions that I wanted to ask. As Gaia Online is full of people with different thoughts and ideas, I thought I'd ask these question on Gaia. Here they are:

Please answer as many questions as possable. Thank you for your time!

1. According to some beliefs people that died went to "Abrahams bosom" which was some place that was kinda like heaven but not quite.

2. Can't give a straight answer on that, you'll have to ask a soul.

3. If you examine many of the "righteous" people in the bible, you'll realize many of them are not perfect. Being good and righteous does not mean you've never sinned. It means the sum of all your works are in favor of God.

4. God placed the Tree of Knowlegde in Eden as a way of giving Adam and Eve choice. They were given the ability to choose right or wrong and they made their choice.

5. According to many beliefs, the snake was possessed by Satan.

6. That's not nessecarily true. Remeber, Adam and Eve were around quite a few animals. Animals tend to die so the concept of death wouldn't be completly foreign. Not many morons can create entire worlds from scratch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff