Welcome to Gaia! ::

Axioma
Diello
Quote:
Hell is a threat from the controllers to the controlled to make them obey.

And it's freaking amazing that everyone doesn't see through it.
Hint: 33% of the world is non-christian. Wouldn't that suggest that 4 billion people HAVE seen through it?

No! America is the only country that exists! And everyone is a Catholic except me! Because I wear black nail polish!

Also, I think your numbers are wrong. More than 33% is non-Christian.
Well, I meant *everyone* everyone. But, yes, way, WAAAAY more than 33% of the world is non-Christian. To think that Christianity has exceeded the 50% mark is ludicrous.
Heretic Zack
I'v read here and there that Hell is fire, brimstone, and . I'v even considered Clive Barkers and Dante's impressions of hell, mechanical, and spiritual.

But one other interpretation is that its simply being away from God.

But if thats true for those who don't want to be with God in the first place, is it so bad?

Hell is all of your worst nightmares mushed together to form one big, scary, dark, smelly, place without cookies OR ice cream! It's horrible...no one wants to go to hell.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5499404

stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed
As a Christian, I've had a lot of internal and external arguments about Hell. I have come to the conclusion that Hell should never be used in an attempt to coerce others to Christ.

I do believe in Hell. I believe a large number of people have been and will go to Hell. However, I do not know exactly what it is.

Christians see a separation from God as painful for everyone. (Extreme generalizations to follow.)

In Christian theology, people either accept God or reject Him. As we are created by God, we all seek a god of some sort. The god sought is not always spiritual in nature. After death, all falsities are torn away. Hell is painful because of rejection from God.

At least, I think that is how it goes.
Quote:
As a Christian, I've had a lot of internal and external arguments about Hell. I have come to the conclusion that Hell should never be used in an attempt to coerce others to Christ.

So, in essence, you're defying the Bible's statement that not believing in Jesus=eternal damnation?
Diello
Quote:

So, in essence, you're defying the Bible's statement that not believing in Jesus=eternal damnation?
He never said he didn't believe in Jesus but rather what hell is to him and its existance. He's saying that using Hell as a means of scaring people to convert to Christianity is wrong and shouldn't be done.
A Buddhist's point of view : Hell does exist, and it is a state of mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff