Welcome to Gaia! ::

Comme les enfants
Fermionic
Catholics are Christians, do not make that mistake again.

Evil? For the constraints of this; what is evil?

Came off quite dickish. And No, not eactly. (I.e One can be Catholic and Christian, but another may be Christian but not Catholic.)
And you're right, I need to redefine "evil."

By that logic you would also, separate Christians and Baptists. One can be a Christian, but not be a Baptist. Instead of "Christian," I believe the proper term would be Protestant. That term broadly means someone who believes in the teachings of the Bible, but is not Catholic. Christian means someone who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ (I acquired both definitions from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary). Catholics would fall into that category. Though, I do agree that his/her disagreement with the distinction between the two could have been addressed more politely.

Seeker

RedFive478
Comme les enfants
Fermionic

Came off quite dickish. And No, not eactly. (I.e One can be Catholic and Christian, but another may be Christian but not Catholic.)

By that logic you would also, separate Christians and Baptists. One can be a Christian, but not be a Baptist. Instead of "Christian," I believe the proper term would be Protestant. That term broadly means someone who believes in the teachings of the Bible, but is not Catholic. Christian means someone who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ (I acquired both definitions from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary). Catholics would fall into that category. Though, I do agree that his/her disagreement with the distinction between the two could have been addressed more politely.

There are further delineations. "Christian" includes not only Protestant and (Roman) Catholics, but also other orthodox churches (such as the Eastern Orthodox church), as well as Gnostic Christians.

As for addressing the issue more politely, that's not something Fermionic does. =p
Hexatonic Scale
RedFive478
Comme les enfants
Fermionic

There are further delineations. "Christian" includes not only Protestant and (Roman) Catholics, but also other orthodox churches (such as the Eastern Orthodox church), as well as Gnostic Christians.

As for addressing the issue more politely, that's not something Fermionic does. =p

I am a paragon of polite conduct.
Fermionic
Hexatonic Scale
RedFive478
Comme les enfants
Fermionic

It is simply the fact that you commanded her to not make that mistake again. It was an honest misunderstanding. Simply commanding somebody just makes them angry and lessens the impact of what you're trying to get across. You should make some attempt to explain why she is wrong. Tell her the reasoning behind your opinion. That is how debating works.
RedFive478
Fermionic
Hexatonic Scale
RedFive478
Comme les enfants
Fermionic

It is simply the fact that you commanded her to not make that mistake again. It was an honest misunderstanding. Simply commanding somebody just makes them angry and lessens the impact of what you're trying to get across. You should make some attempt to explain why she is wrong. Tell her the reasoning behind your opinion. That is how debating works.

I was not debating. I was informing him of his error, it is of little consequence to me whether or not it is to be believed.

Seeker

Fermionic
Hexatonic Scale
RedFive478
Comme les enfants
Fermionic

Clearly. =p
Fermionic
RedFive478
Fermionic
Hexatonic Scale
RedFive478

I was not debating. I was informing him of his error, it is of little consequence to me whether or not it is to be believed.

I understand how little any of our opinions affect you, and that is a good state of mind to have, but you were rude. That is all I am trying to get across.
RedFive478
Fermionic
RedFive478
Fermionic
Hexatonic Scale
RedFive478

I understand how little any of our opinions affect you, and that is a good state of mind to have, but you were rude. That is all I am trying to get across.

Having already established that I am a paragon of polite conduct, I don't really think that you have a leg to stand on for that point.
    Dieu des hommes
    I never really understood this question. Why would a God that considers himself to be benevolent and forgiving not allow for the existence of evil. Why are we dictating to God what benevolence and forgiveness are?
    A bit of a digress from the current discussion, but just thought I would chip in.
    That is because God himself is not benevolent and forgiving. The old testaments showed so; God would destroy Sodom and Gomorrah to exterminate evil. It was Jesus who redeemed humans from their sins, thus when God looks at humans, he only sees Jesus and all the good he has done.

Dieu des hommes
    Is benevolence even meaningful in a world devoid of evil?
    That's the same as asking, is Paradise worth entering? There is no strife, only happiness there. Does happiness mean anything when there is no sadness? A bit of an existential conundrum.
Fermionic
RedFive478
Fermionic
RedFive478
Fermionic

Having already established that I am a paragon of polite conduct, I don't really think that you have a leg to stand on for that point.

You can't simply say that you are polite. You have to act polite. Though, I will give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Perhaps you didn't mean for that comment to come off as being rude.
RedFive478
Fermionic
RedFive478
Fermionic
RedFive478
Fermionic

You can't simply say that you are polite. You have to act polite. Though, I will give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Perhaps you didn't mean for that comment to come off as being rude.

I can and habitually do.

Wealthy Millionaire

He's giving people time I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out