Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Direct translation.

To put a fada on a letter, merely put a dot on the left hand side or instead of using lines, use dots that cover both sides of the line (my personal preference is dots).

Since you've studied Ogham for a sufficient length of time to correct me on this, you'll know what a fada is and does.

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
shiaque
ah, but dont they all.....

For someone who claims to want to learn, you are very demanding and incurious. stare Usually asking questions and participating in discussion, instead of dismissing people who are educated, leads to learning.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Deoridhe
shiaque

For someone who claims to want to learn, you are very demanding and incurious. stare Usually asking questions and participating in discussion, instead of dismissing people who are educated, leads to learning.

I suspect she was the worst kind of fluff, the kind who believes they know it all and is so far in denial that nothing can shake them from it.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I've never seen z used
Q and C are, practically, interchangeable.

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Reagun Ban
I suspect she was the worst kind of fluff, the kind who believes they know it all and is so far in denial that nothing can shake them from it.

I thought she might be better than that, but her lack of questions is making me wonder if she really wants to know anything. Eh. *shrugs*

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Pffft.
I can't believe I wasted my time and effort pwning her, proving that she was talking crap and she didn't have the common courtesy to stand round long enough to let me gloat.
Deoridhe
shiaque

sorry, i didnt mean to be dissmissive- i guess i felt a little put-off

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
shiaque

Put off? How so?
Reagun Ban
Pffft.
I can't believe I wasted my time and effort pwning her, proving that she was talking crap and she didn't have the common courtesy to stand round long enough to let me gloat.

gloat as much as you wish, and i would have hung around had i the time.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
shiaque
Reagun Ban
Pffft.

In case you hadn't noticed, madame fluff, posting the litereal ogham to roman translations was my gloating my knowledge, superiority and better-than-you-ness and I am going to persecute you now.

Never deign to lecture someone on Ogham again until you can speak fluent Irish. We Irish have curses for people such as you and, unlike wiccans, we consider them neither black magic nor morally bad. The only way you people learn, in my experience, is by the flame.

My being a Celtic Recon does not make me better than you, it makes me more experienced. I have studied this all my life, in a round about way. I have been to the sacred sites, I have listened to the folk tales. You've read a few books.
Deoridhe
shiaque

Put off? How so?

despite the fact that i am not well learned, i am hardly ever wrong... of course, i am usually in depates about usless facts.... hmm.... anyway, i apoligize for seeming so rude- to both of you.
Reagun Ban
shiaque
Reagun Ban
Pffft.

In case you hadn't noticed, madame fluff, posting the litereal ogham to roman translations was my gloating my knowledge, superiority and better-than-you-ness and I am going to persecute you now.

My being a Celtic Recon does not make me better than you, it makes me more experienced. I have studied this all my life, in a round about way. I have been to the sacred sites, I have listened to the folk tales. You've read a few books.

you are right, i have 'just read a few books', and so i apoligize for, er,... upseting (?) you in any way. i only meant to say that ogahm was not as simple as your origonal message seemed to imply

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff