Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

4,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Doofi3
Hm, you always b***h about my Irish. Remember, I'm the one that had Eirinn go bragh in my siggy a long time ago.

No.
Because quite frankly this happens so often that you lot blur together into an indistinct homogenous blend of cutlurally insensitive jackass that I don't remember the individuals anymore.
Not until they get better.
And then, and only then, do they become actual people to me.
There are so many ignorant asshats proclaiming themselves experts, implicitly or explicitly, that I can't be expected to keep track.
Even the sig reference doesn't narrow it down.
Do you have any idea how often that trite, mistranslated garbage text gets trotted about by wanna-be ra heads or faux-traditionalists? Almost none of whom speak Irish and those who do justify it with "yes, it's incorrect Irish, but we're using poetic licence".

Aged Poster

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
CuAnnan
Doofi3
Hm, you always b***h about my Irish. Remember, I'm the one that had Eirinn go bragh in my siggy a long time ago.

No.
Because quite frankly this happens so often that you lot blur together into an indistinct homogenous blend of cutlurally insensitive jackass that I don't remember the individuals anymore.
There are so many ignorant asshats proclaiming themselves experts, implicitly or explicitly, that I can't be expected to keep track.
Do you have any idea how often that trite, mistranslated garbage text gets trotted about by wanna-be ra heads or faux-traditionalists? Almost none of whom speak Irish and those who do justify it with "yes, it's incorrect Irish, but we're using poetic licence".

I never claimed to be an expert. I like Irish, my family were from Ireland and so I study the language and culture. There something wrong with that buddy?

I'm not a traditionalist faux or otherwise, I just like the language. I like many languages, I'm a linguist at heart. I never justified it, when you corrected me I corrected the sig, in fact I took it out entirely didn't I?

Dapper Genius

4,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Doofi3
CuAnnan
Doofi3

No.

I never claimed to be an expert. I like Irish, my family were from Ireland and so I study the language and culture. There something wrong with that buddy?

I'm not a traditionalist faux or otherwise, I just like the language. I like many languages, I'm a linguist at heart. I never justified it, when you corrected me I corrected the sig, in fact I took it out entirely didn't I?

Actually, I was just providing context for why I don't remember you. Not implying that you were one of the faux traditionalists or even wanna-be ra heads.

Aged Poster

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
CuAnnan
Actually, I was just providing context for why I don't remember you. Not implying that you were one of the faux traditionalists or even wanna-be ra heads.

Ah, I see. Well, I'm glad then. I happen to enjoy the Irish language, so I'm sorry it upsets you. If Irish was offered as a course here in High school or college I'd take it, but it isn't sadly. So I've had to teach myself.

Dapper Genius

4,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Doofi3
CuAnnan

Ah, I see. Well, I'm glad then. I happen to enjoy the Irish language, so I'm sorry it upsets you. If Irish was offered as a course here in High school or college I'd take it, but it isn't sadly. So I've had to teach myself.

Where is "here"?

Aged Poster

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
CuAnnan
Doofi3
CuAnnan

Where is "here"?

The U.S. Central California to be specific. I know, I know, I'm an "arrogant" American that should just give up. Well, we aren't all arrogant, I admit when I'm wrong.

Dapper Genius

4,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Doofi3
The U.S. Central California to be specific. I know, I know, I'm an "arrogant" American that should just give up. Well, we aren't all arrogant, I admit when I'm wrong.

http://www.bitesizeirishgaelic.com/blog/irish-language-immersion-in-northern-california/

Aged Poster

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
CuAnnan
Doofi3

http://www.bitesizeirishgaelic.com/blog/irish-language-immersion-in-northern-california/

Thank you very much! If I ever make a trip to San Francisco I'll be sure to coordinate it! I appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff