Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Doofi3
I don't know a whole lot about the Fae or the "daonie sidhe" but I know they're originally from the UK and especially Ireland. They're considered tricksters and pranksters and are often malicious. They're meant to be appeased by gifts of saucers of milk and other such treats that are left on the porch or patio in the front yard.

Look mate.
I tell you what.
You don't talk about my culture and I won't talk about Pluto, Jupiter and all those Greek Gods.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Oh, and leave my language to those who know how to at the very least copy and paste.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
CuAnnan
Doofi3
I don't know a whole lot about the Fae or the "daonie sidhe" but I know they're originally from the UK and especially Ireland. They're considered tricksters and pranksters and are often malicious. They're meant to be appeased by gifts of saucers of milk and other such treats that are left on the porch or patio in the front yard.

Look mate.
I tell you what.
You don't talk about my culture and I won't talk about Pluto, Jupiter and all those Greek Gods.

You know what, you're a d**k and I don't know why the hell you act this way. Its no skin off my nose either way, but grow the hell up. At least get the names of the deities right. Those are Roman names not Greek.

Excuse me, I transposed the i and the n in "daoine."

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Doofi3
CuAnnan
Doofi3

Look mate.
I tell you what.

You know what, you're a d**k and I don't know why the hell you act this way. Its no skin off my nose either way, but grow the hell up. At least get the names of the deities right. Those are Roman names not Greek.

1) I was trying to make a point about the whole "UK" thing. No. The daoine sidhe did not originate in the UK and especially Ireland. When I used that linguistic construct, you pitched a hissy fit. So perhaps you should get the names right?
2) If you think my issue was with you getting the name wrong then you really need to stay the ******** away from my culture. Pouring milk or other such treats on the porch or patio? They're considered tricksters and pranksters and are often malicious? Did you read that on the back of a cornflakes box?
I act this way because I'm sick to ******** death of ignorant assholes misrepresenting parts of my culture they haven't the first ******** clue about.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Oh. And you're beaten.
Concede that you shouldn't have implied, by a linguistic construct you yourself read the way I did, that Ireland is a part of the UK.
Concede that you don't know the first thing about the Irish mythological cycle.

Hubris.
It's your sin.
Not mine.
And I mean that both contextually and generally.
CuAnnan
Doofi3
CuAnnan
Doofi3

Look mate.
I tell you what.

1) I was trying to make a point about the whole "UK" thing. No. The daoine sidhe did not originate in the UK and especially Ireland. When I used that linguistic construct, you pitched a hissy fit. So perhaps you should get the names right?
2) If you think my issue was with you getting the name wrong then you really need to stay the ******** away from my culture. Pouring milk or other such treats on the porch or patio? They're considered tricksters and pranksters and are often malicious? Did you read that on the back of a cornflakes box?
I act this way because I'm sick to ******** death of ignorant assholes misrepresenting parts of my culture they haven't the first ******** clue about.
Could I interject and ask just what a daoine sidhe is? I've heard the name more than a few times, but everything I can find online fails to give a decent picture.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Roxxy v2
Could I interject and ask just what a daoine sidhe is? I've heard the name more than a few times, but everything I can find online fails to give a decent picture.

The literal translation is "The People of the Mound".
They are the Other People in Irish mythology.
And Aos Sí would get you a better point of reference for learning.
CuAnnan
Roxxy v2

Thank you. That's a bit more clear.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Roxxy v2
CuAnnan
Roxxy v2

No worries.
If you want some heavy reading, I can provide links
CuAnnan
Roxxy v2
CuAnnan
Roxxy v2

No worries.
If you want some heavy reading, I can provide linksI would appreciate that. Thanks.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I make no excuse for the format. They didn't hire me to do it.
And yes, I would have done a better job.
Categorically.
They used TEI.
Which is the devil.
CuAnnan
I make no excuse for the format. They didn't hire me to do it.
And yes, I would have done a better job.
Categorically.
They used TEI.
Which is the devil.
A poor format is better than layman level information by many longshots.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
CuAnnan
Doofi3
CuAnnan
Doofi3

Look mate.
I tell you what.

If I have it so wrong you could enlighten me instead of being such a douche.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Doofi3
If I have it so wrong you could enlighten me instead of being such a douche.

Have you noticed that only one of us is personally insulting the other?
Have you noticed that only the other of us is using actual arguments?
I possibly could enlighten you, but why should I?
What's in it for me?
There was literally nothing in your post that even hinted at your having done any real research into the Others of my land before you shot your big mouth off.
Then when you were confronted with your ignorance, you became hostile.
Why. The. Everliving. ********. would I waste my time trying to teach you anything about my culture beyond what I already have.

So let me spell it out for you. This is my information for you on your path to enlightenment.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't ******** talk about it.
If you don't know the mores of the culture you're talking about, don't ******** talk about them.
Do not try to sound wise when you're ignorant.
Do not attack those who correct you when you are in the wrong.
When someone does something that you find offensive and then you find out that they were doing precisely what you were doing to show you why it's offensive, apologise.
Admit when you are wrong.

You are the result of a star dying, scattering carbon throughout the cosmos, filtering it through aeons of natural processes in order to provide the base elements required for life. You are the universe made manifest.
ACT. LIKE. IT.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces