Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Doctrix
The Catfish Blues
Osho is not a good source.

Perhaps you can suggest some better source alternatives for the original poster so that we don't hijack the thread too far off topic with critique?
Anything except a bioterrorist fraud with 100s of Rolls-Royces who knows next to nothing about the topics which he writes about. Eg Zen Buddhism.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Witcherz

So, Merry meet to all of you!

Blessed be!

I would suggest not using ritualistic language out of context. It's misappropriation and it's wrong.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

Witcherz
For the past year, I have been studying the beliefs of Pagans, Wiccans, and Witchcraft in general. Before I learned about it, I was an un-practicing Catholic. (Though most I my life I did practice, by the demands of my parents.)

The reason I've converted is because of how unwelcome I felt going to Church. When most people, (My mother, to be more specific,) said that when they go to Church, they feel better about themselves afterwards, I never experienced such feeling. I never felt "Sin-free" after confession, and the when I went up to accept the Eucharist, I always thought the body of Christ tasted like cardboard. In summary, I wanted to believe in what my Family wanted, but nothing ever came to me.

Ever since I began my studies of Paganism, my parents have began to disrespect my beliefs. My father once told me he was going to throw the books I had just bought away, and that even though I payed for them, I was not allowed to have them. My Mother, though she has become more accepting of it over time, pays no attention to when I try to explain to her what I believe. Both my parents still love me, but they believe that I am going down the wrong path.

Over the time I have studied, I have also met some wonderful people in my small community that are also Pagan. Thanks to Witchvox (An online community to find local Pagans,) I met a woman in my community named Tammy, and she has been teaching me as well. In fact, I participated in a Ritual with her, her friend Autumn, and as a surprise, one of my friend's mother's, Chelli. I even called in the water quarter for the group. It was the most wonderful, magickal experience I have ever had in my life.

Now, what I would like to know, if there are any Pagans/Wiccans in the gaia community. I'm also curious about finding a guild to join who's focus is Paganism. Currently, I'm learning about everything possible, but one topic I am really interested in, is Faeries. (If anyone knows any good websites to learn about the Fae folk, please let me know!)

So, Merry meet to all of you! I look forward to meeting the users who are Pagans as well.

)O( Blessed be!
- Anna

If you are interested in this path, grow-up to 18, and afterward track down a coven that doesn't look like a set from The Craft. As I am not a wiccan, I can't offer you more advise then real wiccans are oathbound. As a Heathen, a fellow pagan, I can also offer you the advice that gaia is not the place for this kind of topic as most of the folk here love the anonymity and use it to their end to become the master-a*****e experts of all things. PM me and I'll give you some links that will help you out.
Most Christian religions are pagan, even though they think they're not. Jesus' teachings were co-opted by pagans when Constantine made his fake "Christianity" the state religion of the Roman Empire. Despite that, "Christian" religions have become increasingly truly Christian. Pagans can be Christian too, if they follow only God and God's law of love for all.

Any religion that allows humans to oppress or abuse other humans is non-Christian. That applies to spirits too. No spirit may oppress or abuse anyone either. So we need to be careful. Most people allow others to oppress them.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lela Kela
Most Christian religions are pagan, even though they think they're not. Jesus' teachings were co-opted by pagans when Constantine made his fake "Christianity" the state religion of the Roman Empire. Despite that, "Christian" religions have become increasingly truly Christian. Pagans can be Christian too, if they follow only God and God's law of love for all.

Proof?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Aged Browser

7,675 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
deadmanjay
SuziBellatrix
Err- just so you know "Wicca" is a can of worms on the forums. For that I would direct you to the supernatural forms, just for the Wicca thread there you will find more sources and more people who are part of that religious structure.

MR is where discussions on the facts of religion belong. That thread may have more people who claim to be Wiccan in it but that doesn't make it a better thread nor forum to go to.

It wasn't meant to be offensive.

I just think despite it being a religious subject you see more of it on the supernatural forms.

But then again that's me, who's to say whats right and wrong with any religion.
Curious. Why didn't the sacrament ever fulfill you? Did you really want to repent of the sin you caused?

You see a lot of people around who say they never felt right in the religion of their home, but sometimes you just got to wonder how much effort they put in.

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
SuziBellatrix
deadmanjay
SuziBellatrix
Err- just so you know "Wicca" is a can of worms on the forums. For that I would direct you to the supernatural forms, just for the Wicca thread there you will find more sources and more people who are part of that religious structure.

MR is where discussions on the facts of religion belong. That thread may have more people who claim to be Wiccan in it but that doesn't make it a better thread nor forum to go to.

I just think despite it being a religious subject you see more of it on the supernatural forms.

You see it more there because to most Wicca=witch, witch to most is a non-religious thing or religion=Christianity, leading to most people thinking Wicca belongs over in SNF instead of M&R.

Aged Browser

7,675 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
SuziBellatrix
deadmanjay
SuziBellatrix

You see it more there because to most Wicca=witch, witch to most is a non-religious thing or religion=Christianity, leading to most people thinking Wicca belongs over in SNF instead of M&R.

No, I don't. Yes you are right as to why its normally on the SNF instead of this one.

There is a relationship with Wicca and witchcraft however.

As someone who actually practices witchcraft herself, I'm not a Wiccan. I don't like to outwardly state that because well, its a private matter more or less.

wicca =/= witchcraft.
Starbitt
For the past year, I have been studying the beliefs of Pagans, Wiccans, and Witchcraft in general. Before I learned about it, I was an un-practicing Catholic. (Though most I my life I did practice, by the demands of my parents.)

The reason I've converted is because of how unwelcome I felt going to Church. When most people, (My mother, to be more specific,) said that when they go to Church, they feel better about themselves afterwards, I never experienced such feeling. I never felt "Sin-free" after confession, and the when I went up to accept the Eucharist, I always thought the body of Christ tasted like cardboard. In summary, I wanted to believe in what my Family wanted, but nothing ever came to me.

Ever since I began my studies of Paganism, my parents have began to disrespect my beliefs. My father once told me he was going to throw the books I had just bought away, and that even though I payed for them, I was not allowed to have them. My Mother, though she has become more accepting of it over time, pays no attention to when I try to explain to her what I believe. Both my parents still love me, but they believe that I am going down the wrong path.

Over the time I have studied, I have also met some wonderful people in my small community that are also Pagan. Thanks to Witchvox (An online community to find local Pagans,) I met a woman in my community named Tammy, and she has been teaching me as well. In fact, I participated in a Ritual with her, her friend Autumn, and as a surprise, one of my friend's mother's, Chelli. I even called in the water quarter for the group. It was the most wonderful, magickal experience I have ever had in my life.

Now, what I would like to know, if there are any Pagans/Wiccans in the gaia community. I'm also curious about finding a guild to join who's focus is Paganism. Currently, I'm learning about everything possible, but one topic I am really interested in, is Faeries. (If anyone knows any good websites to learn about the Fae folk, please let me know!)

So, Merry meet to all of you! I look forward to meeting the users who are Pagans as well.

)O( Blessed be!
- Anna

Well, I am also Wiccan. I've been practicing since July, but have been interested for 2 years. I'd love to share what I've learned so far with you. ^^

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
zemoonchild
Well, I am also Wiccan. I've been practicing since July, but have been interested for 2 years. I'd love to share what I've learned so far with you. ^^
What tradition?
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
zemoonchild
What tradition?

Eclectic, actually. What about you?

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
zemoonchild
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
zemoonchild
What tradition?

Eclectic isn't a Wiccan tradition. Wiccan FAQ
Now a person can be an eclectic witch or Pagan but Wicca is a religion that can't be practiced eclectically.

I've thought about Seeking but my life just too crazy for it.
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
zemoonchild
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
zemoonchild
What tradition?

Now a person can be an eclectic witch or Pagan but Wicca is a religion that can't be practiced eclectically.

Oh, I never really looked into it until now. (Relatively new...) I'm Dianic.

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
zemoonchild
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
zemoonchild
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
zemoonchild
What tradition?

Oh, I never really looked into it until now. (Relatively new...) I'm Dianic.
Dianics don't claim to be Wicca. They used to but they don't have the core of Wicca.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff