Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you believe in everyone born with the original sin?

Yes 0.17391304347826 17.4% [ 12 ]
No 0.73913043478261 73.9% [ 51 ]
Not sure 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11 >

blackheartgirl2
I have a question about original sin in christianity. Assuming that you believe in everyone born with the original sin that came from adam and eve.
Is it correct to say that we inherit the original sin from adam and eve?
Yes. Plus those of your fathers for a few generations.
Quote:

and if it is, why didn't god forgive adam and eve?
Namely because they broke the one rule there ever was.
Quote:
and why should the sin of someone in the past affect you now?
That is God's logic. One of those "Just the way it is" questions; there is no human logic to back it.
Quote:
do you get the sin of your parents? or grandparents? and if you don't inherit sin from your parents then why do you inherit it from adam and eve?
You carry 4 generations plus pay for Adam and Eve's via the state of life ( like having to reap from the field, etc. ) versus no longer living in "Paradise".

Quote:
and if you do. is it fair?
God's law and rule can't be measured by human standards.
Quote:
that you be judged for someone elses actions? if my dad murders someone, it is right that i would go to jail for it too? And God is forgiving right? and he loves you? would would a god that forgives and loves you create you with the sin of another person?
These are not contradictory; the entire idea is that Jesus cleanses you of these problems and those old statutes. Technically you do continue to acquire the sins but you can absolve them via the fulfillment of the promise to end sacrifices with the ultimate sacrifice. So essentially the people after Jesus escape the fate of those prior.

Seeker

6,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
I'd bite into your face...

I guess what I'm saying is, even if you weren't born with Adam and Eve's sin, you're born with an evil heart, which may very well be the definition of sin in this case. Adam and Eve ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, and we are the descendants of them, so we inherit this knowledge.

In any case, Adam and Eve sinned when man was flawless, I don't think we're going to not sin.

... just to be close to your eyes.
Fall For Fame

I guess what I'm saying is, even if you weren't born with Adam and Eve's sin, you're born with an evil heart, which may very well be the definition of sin in this case. Adam and Eve ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, and we are the descendants of them, so we inherit this knowledge.

In any case, Adam and Eve sinned when man was flawless, I don't think we're going to not sin.

How could Adam and Eve had sinned if they were flawless?

We have always had free will right? Even Adam and Eve so they always had the possibility to sin and wouldn't have been 100% flawless.
Anybody who says a newborn baby is inherently evil is a disgusting example of humanity.

I had issues with the concept of original sin before having a child. Now that I've got my daughter, it makes my blood boil.

Original sin is a cop out for people who have no self-control or have no faith in other people.
chinchinchiller
Anybody who says a newborn baby is inherently evil is a disgusting example of humanity.

I had issues with the concept of original sin before having a child. Now that I've got my daughter, it makes my blood boil even more.

Original sin is a cop out for people who have no self-control or have no faith in other people.

Yeah, me too. The thought is disgusting. When i look at an innocent baby, i can't see evil. They can't even make choices yet, how can they be bad?

Adored Admirer

blackheartgirl2

They couldn't.

blackheartgirl2
We have always had free will right? Even Adam and Eve so they always had the possibility to sin and wouldn't have been 100% flawless.

There is no free will.

Seeker

6,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
blackheartgirl2
Fall For Fame

Your definition of perfect and mine apparently are different. In my eyes, being forced not to steal out of the cookie jar is less perfect than being tempted to, but choosing not to.

Fall For Fame
blackheartgirl2
Fall For Fame

Your definition of perfect and mine apparently are different. In my eyes, being forced not to steal out of the cookie jar is less perfect than being tempted to, but choosing not to.

But Adam and Eve were not forced to sin. If they had been, it wouldn't have been their fault. They chose to sin. They were tempted and having free will and the ability to sin, they did. That is how every one sins right? they are tempted by whatever to do something that is wrong.

They could not have been flawless if they chose to sin. Which they did.

Liberal Sex Symbol

Yes, original sin is inherited from generations going back to Adam and Eve.

Who said that God never forgave those two? Just because you punish your children does not mean you don't love them anymore. But his law was disobeyed and just punishment had to be exercised.

Original sin isn't the same kind of sin as those of venial/mortal sins commited during life. The original sin is more like a curse, or a state of being. Having the original sin means you are born outside of grace, in the dark, and away from God. Much like how Adam and Eve turned away from God when they fell into temptation. But there is a way to get out of that, to be purified and to be blessed by grace, and that is the entire point of the sacrement of Baptism. You are washed of your sins (including the Original one), and accepting the grace of God. You're given a way out of darkness through divine compassion.

Seeker

6,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
blackheartgirl2
Fall For Fame
blackheartgirl2
Fall For Fame

But Adam and Eve were not forced to sin. If they had been, it wouldn't have been their fault. They chose to sin. They were tempted and having free will and the ability to sin, they did. That is how every one sins right? they are tempted by whatever to do something that is wrong.

We were given free will, but were created perfect. Having free will doesn't make you imperfect. Until you decide to disobey, you are perfect. What you're describing isn't even human, more like a robot.

Fall For Fame
blackheartgirl2
Fall For Fame
blackheartgirl2
Fall For Fame

We were given free will, but were created perfect. Having free will doesn't make you imperfect. Until you decide to disobey, you are perfect. What you're describing isn't even human, more like a robot.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you said that Adam and Eve were perfect/flawless until they sinned right?
and you believe that now because of the sin of Adam and Eve no person is perfect/flawless, even if they have not committed a sin yet? Because their ancestors sinned?

Why does the sin of Adam and Eve make us evil? And where does it say all people are evil? or born evil?

Adored Admirer

Fall For Fame
blackheartgirl2
Fall For Fame

You didn't even define "your" definition. You said Adam and Eve were flawless.

• Flawless: without any imperfections or defects; perfect (Oxford Dictionary)
  • Perfect: free from any flaw or defect in condition or quality; faultless (ibid.)
  • Faultless: free from defect or error (ibid.)

What does the Tanakh actually say?

"See, this alone I found, that God made man upright, but they have sought out many schemes." (Eccl. 7:29)

I do not see "perfect" in this verse. Let's try a different verse.

"You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, till unrighteousness was found in you." (Ezek. 28:15)

Well, let's observe Job.

"There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was blameless and upright, one who feared God and turned away from evil." (Job 1:1)

That word "upright" is the same Hebrew word as found in Ecclesiastes 7:29. The King James Version actually uses the word "perfect" in place of "blameless". The problem is, there is nothing in the Tanakh that says that human beings have this thing called "original sin". Anyone who is upright can easily commit a wrongdoing. In this case, Adam and Eve were upright until they sinned.

To say they were flawless, however, is incorrect. If they were, then they should have never been capable of sinning. According to Jesus, whom you believe in, a good tree bears good fruit and a bad tree bears bad fruit, and a good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor a bad tree bear good fruit. By that logic, Adam and Eve should not have sinned.

Fall For Fame

There is no such thing as free will. Even if there was, the only thing that could be acted out from a perfect person would be morally perfect acts.

If the description is not human, but more like a robot, then God is a robot, since He cannot do evil.

Inscriven
Yes, original sin is inherited from generations going back to Adam and Eve.

Only if you believe in that.

Inscriven
Who said that God never forgave those two? Just because you punish your children does not mean you don't love them anymore.

It also does not mean that you punish your grandchild(ren) for the fault of your child(ren). Yet, that's what most Christians would like for people to believe.

Inscriven
But his law was disobeyed and just punishment had to be exercised.

A place in Gehenna. I know most people who wouldn't throw their children into the fiery pits of Gehenna for all of eternity.
Fall For Fame
Until you decide to disobey, you are perfect.

Until they stop working, all machines are perpetual.
- wink

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Technically, you never read that Adam and Eve apologized. They covered their shame and tried to hide it.

Aged Lunatic

chinchinchiller

Was just thinking that about Jormugundar.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff