Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you believe in everyone born with the original sin?

Yes 0.17391304347826 17.4% [ 12 ]
No 0.73913043478261 73.9% [ 51 ]
Not sure 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11

Aged Lunatic

Jfigu1008

It must be ordained by God. However, it's not going to happen again.

Repeat; WHAT WOULD STOP GOD FROM DOING SO?

Quote:
The book of Revelation never say's it'll happen. In fact, the opposite will commence, and Christians in most places will at some point be running for their lives. So no, it wouldn't be in line with the Bible.

Only if you take Bible prophecy as completely true; and Bible prophecy predicted that Egypt would be wiped out, yet it survives as a nation today.

Quote:
Gunsmith, after observing our conversation I can only think one thing. Go take a class on Bible study. There you'll learn the proper use of Exegesis and with that, obtain some decent hermeneutical approaches to daily life. I think it would clear up a lot of the assumption you may have. But it's just a suggestion.

Son, I spent 18 years being dragged from one tent revival to another among hellfire and brimstone Baptists so hardcore they were just a step below handling rattlesnakes as part of the Sunday services, so i've had my fill of scripture for a lifetime. Besides, your explanations and the ones of Piper scare me just as surely.

2,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
GunsmithKitten
Jfigu1008

It must be ordained by God. However, it's not going to happen again.

Repeat; WHAT WOULD STOP GOD FROM DOING SO?

Well, I suppose that if He wanted such a thing to happen, there would be nothing stopping Him except for one thing. He can't go against His own word because if He did, he would be a liar.

Quote:
Quote:
The book of Revelation never say's it'll happen. In fact, the opposite will commence, and Christians in most places will at some point be running for their lives. So no, it wouldn't be in line with the Bible.

Only if you take Bible prophecy as completely true
Exegesis and Hermeneutics. I'm actually totally serious about it. In fact I'll do you a favor. This book completely changed the way I studies the Bible. It is methodical, sensible, and practical. I've read a lot of books, but when it comes to a systematic approach on studying the Bible, I cannot recommend a better book. And you can't beat the price. It's a little techy, but nothing you can't handle.

Quote:
and Bible prophecy predicted that Egypt would be wiped out, yet it survives as a nation today.
The burden of proof is on you M'Lady.

Quote:
Quote:
Gunsmith, after observing our conversation I can only think one thing. Go take a class on Bible study. There you'll learn the proper use of Exegesis and with that, obtain some decent hermeneutical approaches to daily life. I think it would clear up a lot of the assumption you may have. But it's just a suggestion.

Son, I spent 18 years being dragged from one tent revival to another among hellfire and brimstone Baptists so hardcore they were just a step below handling rattlesnakes as part of the Sunday services, so i've had my fill of scripture for a lifetime. Besides, your explanations and the ones of Piper scare me just as surely.
So you've taken in years of bull crap from a guy who probably didn't know what he was doing. Years ago these "Tent Revival" meetings were the rage. Personally from what I know, most of them had Pastors who were all about the "power" of the Holy Spirit. But they never usually took the studying of it into consideration. All the more reason to get this book. Hell, you can skip the Bible study class and with the book alone you'll be 20 steps ahead of most people here on Gaia when it comes to the Bible.
blackheartgirl2
I have a question about original sin in christianity. Assuming that you believe in everyone born with the original sin that came from adam and eve.
Is it correct to say that we inherit the original sin from adam and eve?

and if it is, why didn't god forgive adam and eve? and why should the sin of someone in the past affect you now? do you get the sin of your parents? or grandparents? and if you don't inherit sin from your parents then why do you inherit it from adam and eve?

and if you do. is it fair? that you be judged for someone elses actions? if my dad murders someone, it is right that i would go to jail for it too? And God is forgiving right? and he loves you? would would a god that forgives and loves you create you with the sin of another person?

I might have more questions about this topic but this is all for right now. Do you have an answer for me?

Are you talking about curses due to our familys' actions?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff