Welcome to Gaia! ::

Muslim women, do you preffer hijab, niqab, or neither and why? I would like to talk about the pros and cons of each of these. Me being a new muslim i know i want to wear hijab but not sure if i want to wear niqab. So what is your opinion?

Muslim men what do you think of women that wear each of those things? is it better or worse in your opinion to wear niqab/hijab/neither?

This part is to everyone. What is your opinion of of women that wear hijab/niqab? Do you respect them more or less and why?

Niqab - covering everything but eyes and hands

Hijab - covering everything but hands and face.

But please be respectful, i just want to talk about pros and cons, and what other think about it but in nice terms if you can.

Friendly Gaian

13,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
i have experienced both the hijab and the niqab ways, and i don't mind either. but i'm personally more used to the hijab method. I'm not used to exposing myself as it is, as i feel that i am a person and i should be respected as one. we women are not exhibitions to ogle at. they are both good covering methods in my views.
Happi Chappi
i have experienced both the hijab and the niqab ways, and i don't mind either. but i'm personally more used to the hijab method. I'm not used to exposing myself as it is, as i feel that i am a person and i should be respected as one. we women are not exhibitions to ogle at. they are both good covering methods in my views.

Thank you very much. I really do want to experience both of them but think i would be more comfortable in niqab.
And i also believe i am a person with thoughts and feeling and more than just a body. I don't want to be judged because of my looks, in a good or bad way.

Friendly Gaian

13,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
blackheartgirl2
Happi Chappi

Thank you very much. I really do want to experience both of them but think i would be more comfortable in niqab.
And i also believe i am a person with thoughts and feeling and more than just a body. I don't want to be judged because of my looks, in a good or bad way.

exactly!! and back in my native country, i was more comfortable in a niqab, especially since i was a foreigner there, so that's another plus. i always liked keeping myself low profile xd and this form also helps with the rewards. and it's our own will as well, which makes it easier on us 3nodding

Aged Lunatic

If it's your choice, it's your choice, I won't think any less or more of you. Still, I despise the idealogy behind the clothing, as it's simultaneously insulting to women (your body is shameful and must be kept hidden) and men (who are all raging sex maniacs who will do god knows what if you're not covered head to toe).
I prefer hijab. I am not something to be put on display for women to ogle at; I respect myself as a man and dress modestly.
GunsmithKitten
If it's your choice, it's your choice, I won't think any less or more of you. Still, I despise the idealogy behind the clothing, as it's simultaneously insulting to women (your body is shameful and must be kept hidden) and men (who are all raging sex maniacs who will do god knows what if you're not covered head to toe).

There are two sides to the clothing: women are shameful and should be kept hidden, or women are temples of beauty that should only be seen by those who deserve to see it.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Jubilant Sunrise
GunsmithKitten

There are two sides to the clothing: women are shameful and should be kept hidden, or women are temples of beauty that should only be seen by those who deserve to see it.

Both sides are pretty sexist. neutral Women are people.
Sanguina Cruenta
Jubilant Sunrise
GunsmithKitten

It's all about positive v. negative sexism. wink
Jubilant Sunrise
Sanguina Cruenta
Jubilant Sunrise
GunsmithKitten

About that...
Anon E. Mouse
Jubilant Sunrise
Sanguina Cruenta
Jubilant Sunrise
GunsmithKitten

About that...

I never said one was over the other. razz
Jubilant Sunrise
Anon E. Mouse
Jubilant Sunrise
Sanguina Cruenta
Jubilant Sunrise
GunsmithKitten

About that...

Then what exactly are you trying to say?
Anon E. Mouse
Jubilant Sunrise
Anon E. Mouse
Jubilant Sunrise
Sanguina Cruenta

About that...

Then what exactly are you trying to say?

I'm trying to say, "It's all about positive v. negative sexism. wink " I thought that was obvious...
Jubilant Sunrise

I'm trying to say, "It's all about positive v. negative sexism. wink " I thought that was obvious...

...and even positive sexism is linked to negative behaviors; so what is the purpose of differentiating between the two?
Anon E. Mouse
Jubilant Sunrise

...and even positive sexism is linked to negative behaviors; so what is the purpose of differentiating between the two?

Because they are ultimately different nonetheless - they have differing intentions and are not made to be insulting. Both are negative, but the negative ones are made specifically to be insulting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff