Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

0x-Yuna-x0
YOUR CHATTERBOX
0x-Yuna-x0
sorry, this isn't a homework discussion board.

I'm not taking a Religion course because I have to. Its not required. I'm genuinely interested, but I cant understand this single detail.

Sorry, this isnt a trolling board either. I can point you in the direction of the Chatterbox if you'd like, I know it well.

I wasn't trolling. I was seriously stating, this is the wrong discussion board to be posting religious questions.

Morality and Religion Forum.

Ah, thank you so much! This is far more helpful :3 I stated I didnt know where to post in the first sentence :3 Thank you very much for this link, sincerely. I'll ask a mod to move this there.

Aged Noob

Eizoryu
YOUR CHATTERBOX
But these three counsels apparently made decisions on what was 'official'. I just cant figure out what the decisions were lol... its really confusing to read when you havent been exposed to it for a long period of time.
Which three of the seven? The first three, chronologically?

I'm getting this from the Wikipedia entry on the Seven Ecumenical Councils.
First of Nicaea decided Jesus was the Son of God.
First of Constantinople confirmed Nicaea's decision.
First of Ephesus "deposed Nestorius, repudiated Nestorianism, proclaimed the Virgin Mary as the Theotokos (God-Bearer)", to quote straight from the Wiki.

I'm not a theologist in any sense of the word. I'm just doing the thing where I look through it and pick out what I think is the summary. It's better if you look through the wiki yourself and have a look at its cited sources. sweatdrop

If nothing else, at least it's a point in (hopefully) the right direction?

I tried reading the wiki article and got confused greatly by it all... this supports what I've read from the books exactly though, so makes complete sense. Thank you, this basically answers and clarifies where I was confused.

Commander in Chief

YOUR CHATTERBOX
Eizoryu
YOUR CHATTERBOX
But these three counsels apparently made decisions on what was 'official'. I just cant figure out what the decisions were lol... its really confusing to read when you havent been exposed to it for a long period of time.
Which three of the seven? The first three, chronologically?

I'm getting this from the Wikipedia entry on the Seven Ecumenical Councils.
First of Nicaea decided Jesus was the Son of God.
First of Constantinople confirmed Nicaea's decision.
First of Ephesus "deposed Nestorius, repudiated Nestorianism, proclaimed the Virgin Mary as the Theotokos (God-Bearer)", to quote straight from the Wiki.

I'm not a theologist in any sense of the word. I'm just doing the thing where I look through it and pick out what I think is the summary. It's better if you look through the wiki yourself and have a look at its cited sources. sweatdrop

If nothing else, at least it's a point in (hopefully) the right direction?

I tried reading the wiki article and got confused greatly by it all... this supports what I've read from the books exactly though, so makes complete sense. Thank you, this basically answers and clarifies where I was confused.
Did you know that Diedrich means "Ruler of the People" which is true because I am president of Gaia forever? I like that, I do! OK bye, my minions!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff