Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

I suppose my beliefs are a bit strange, at least to most people. I don't want to evoke hate from anyone, so if you are easily offended, please go away. I do not want someone to accuse me of being/not being one thing or the other. Yes, I know my beliefs are taken from a lot of religions.

I am Christian, in the sense that Jesus Christ died for my sins. I do believe that there are three Gods, if you will. The traditional three in the Holy Trinity. I do believe that they are three separate Gods, but in harmony with one another. I do not believe that they have genders. I believe that Jesus was born male, but not necessarily male spiritually. I do not believe that spiritual entities - souls, Gods, etc. have gender.

I believe in magick. A few years ago, I wished my brother ill will for making fun of the way I spoke French at the time. He bit through his tongue the day after I sat in my room, mulling over how angry I was at him. And before that, I wished ill on the girl who broke my finger and her friend who threatened me. The girl who broke my fingers, her foot got run over by a car. Her friend broke her middle finger. Something latched onto me after that, I believe. Something evil. Places/rooms I frequented started feeling malevolent to my friend. She started having nightmares and night terrors. She'd wake up feeling like something was staring at her from the corner where I always sat in her room. After a while, I started to notice small cuts on my body. I do not hurt myself. I am not abused. I did a lot of praying and other things to get rid of all the negativity. I didn't do it alone, of course. After that, things got better. I try to always have positive energy about me, because I know that negativity can fester in me and bring out something... not good. I don't believe that magick is evil, but I believe that it can be used for evil. It will come back to haunt, though. On the other hand, I think that it can be used for good.

Finally, I believe that I lived another life. I believe that I lived in Spain sometime maybe four hundred to five hundred years ago. I know that I had an identical twin sister, and I know that I died giving birth to my own child. I think I lived by a lake or an ocean, as I have a strong association with water. I know I lived in Spain, because since I was a little girl, I have had dreams in Spanish. It was only occasionally, but I didn't even start learning Spanish until a few years ago. I would always be asking for food (in Spanish) in the dreams. I have met my twin sister in this life. We look very different, but the personality similarities are striking. And it's not just that "oh, I have a twin" thing that seems to be popular right now. I believe this person really was my twin in a past life. I know we were female, because I know that I died in childbirth. I'm almost positive that my bird is the baby that I never got to raise, because the moment I saw her, I loved her. I love animals in general, but a connection like this had never happened before. When I saw her, it was like my entire world had suddenly appeared. I think I died in childbirth, because I've always had a crippling fear of childbirth/pregnancy, to the point where I avoid relatives in those conditions.

So, what do you think?

Gaian

Chromosexual
I suppose my beliefs are a bit strange, at least to most people. I don't want to evoke hate from anyone, so if you are easily offended, please go away. I do not want someone to accuse me of being/not being one thing or the other. Yes, I know my beliefs are taken from a lot of religions.

I am Christian, in the sense that Jesus Christ died for my sins. I do believe that there are three Gods, if you will. The traditional three in the Holy Trinity. I do believe that they are three separate Gods, but in harmony with one another. I do not believe that they have genders. I believe that Jesus was born male, but not necessarily male spiritually. I do not believe that spiritual entities - souls, Gods, etc. have gender.

I believe in magick. A few years ago, I wished my brother ill will for making fun of the way I spoke French at the time. He bit through his tongue the day after I sat in my room, mulling over how angry I was at him. And before that, I wished ill on the girl who broke my finger and her friend who threatened me. The girl who broke my fingers, her foot got run over by a car. Her friend broke her middle finger. Something latched onto me after that, I believe. Something evil. Places/rooms I frequented started feeling malevolent to my friend. She started having nightmares and night terrors. She'd wake up feeling like something was staring at her from the corner where I always sat in her room. After a while, I started to notice small cuts on my body. I do not hurt myself. I am not abused. I did a lot of praying and other things to get rid of all the negativity. I didn't do it alone, of course. After that, things got better. I try to always have positive energy about me, because I know that negativity can fester in me and bring out something... not good. I don't believe that magick is evil, but I believe that it can be used for evil. It will come back to haunt, though. On the other hand, I think that it can be used for good.

Finally, I believe that I lived another life. I believe that I lived in Spain sometime maybe four hundred to five hundred years ago. I know that I had an identical twin sister, and I know that I died giving birth to my own child. I think I lived by a lake or an ocean, as I have a strong association with water. I know I lived in Spain, because since I was a little girl, I have had dreams in Spanish. It was only occasionally, but I didn't even start learning Spanish until a few years ago. I would always be asking for food (in Spanish) in the dreams. I have met my twin sister in this life. We look very different, but the personality similarities are striking. And it's not just that "oh, I have a twin" thing that seems to be popular right now. I believe this person really was my twin in a past life. I know we were female, because I know that I died in childbirth. I'm almost positive that my bird is the baby that I never got to raise, because the moment I saw her, I loved her. I love animals in general, but a connection like this had never happened before. When I saw her, it was like my entire world had suddenly appeared. I think I died in childbirth, because I've always had a crippling fear of childbirth/pregnancy, to the point where I avoid relatives in those conditions.

So, what do you think?

My Elder Gods would simply say that they are experimenting with your consciousness. by tapping into your mind, the Gods are simply implanting beliefs that may or may not help you in your progress through life. They are testing to see what conclusions you come up with regarding various experiences throughout your life. Also, wishing ill will toward another human, and having those wishes come to fruition can be example that your mental abilities are progressing forward. However, even though the Elders might let you get away with this, they often have other greater plans we cannot comprehend, and often plan things out to benefit them.

Your brain may just be their new toy, and your are being manipulated into believing you have some sort of special abilities or are unique. But often the Elders just like to experiment for their own ends. You might benefit in some way, but you'll often be left to your own devices. They'll help you one day, then leave you to move along in your own path.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Chromosexual

I believe in magick. A few years ago, I wished my brother ill will for making fun of the way I spoke French at the time. He bit through his tongue the day after I sat in my room, mulling over how angry I was at him. And before that, I wished ill on the girl who broke my finger and her friend who threatened me. The girl who broke my fingers, her foot got run over by a car. Her friend broke her middle finger.

arrow Correlation does not imply causation.
arrow Your anger did not cause these events to happen.
arrow There is no such thing as magic. Not even with a k.

Liberal Friend

Your beliefs are not strange because they are more common than you think. Your beliefs lack any substance whatever and what you're doing is looking for patterns or signs that aren't there, though you might think they are. So next time, I ask you, please pray for finding a coin on the ground. It may take more than a day or happen that very day. Regardless, it is a testament that your prayers are unwarranted and that coincidences happen more often than you might think.

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You use the words 'i believe' way too much, for one. For two, what you've described sounds like a bunch of superstitious mumbo jumbo.
Here's a tip: don't do so much of that "believing" stuff. It's too rigid, and it precludes you from believing the opposite, unless you can somehow redefine what the opposites actually are. I could say I'm a Christian atheist.

Your beliefs sound like you could justify the idea that Jesus has a reincarnated form somewhere on earth, right now. I just wouldn't want you to get swept up into a cult that may be able to tap into that possibility, leaving you vulnerable to even more ridiculous concepts.

And take it a bit more slowly on jumping to conclusions about how the world really works. It's too complicated of a place, and neither science nor religion really has its finger on what's happening.

Girl-Crazy Trickster

12,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Shoot me a PM and we could probably talk more about this :3
Away from trolls >.>
I'm extremely afraid of roaches, but I don't think it was because I was mauled by them in a past life...

Also, just because you believe Jesus died for your sins doesn't make you Christian. This is obvious by basically everything else you said.

OG Saint

12,100 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
foxxykitty27
Also, just because you believe Jesus died for your sins doesn't make you Christian. This is obvious by basically everything else you said.

Demonic Abomination

11,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Novice Mage 100
There are Christians who practice witchcraft, so you know. What you described was not actually witchcraft, but still. There is some chance that you have an entity that is exceedingly protective over you, but I don't know how likely that is.

The belief in past lives is extremely common. It's not often seen in devout Christians, from what I've gathered, but even that's not always true. I don't often see people who believe that they effect their current life too awful much, and that lies outside of my personal beliefs anyways so I don't really have much to say on the matter.

Belief is a personal thing. Most people who spend any sort of time thinking on it have things that differ from what's "normal." Which is to usually say... everyone.

Also yes, there is such a thing as magic, but no, it's not spelt with a k.

Don't worry about it too much, don't let people tell you you can't believe in something, and accept that your beliefs can and should evolve over time.

O.G. Codger

20,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
1aphy
You use the words 'i believe' way too much, for one. For two, what you've described sounds like a bunch of superstitious mumbo jumbo.

This. You (the op) come off as kind of delusional. If you believe you really have magical powers, please go demonstrate them to James Randy and collect your million dollars.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Jumping Jehosaphat

I didn't mean to use believe so much... wow. Looking back at the paragraph, I did use it a lot.

And maybe I should have used a different word. I believe in God. I feel like the other things are true, if that makes sense. Believe is a strong word. It's more like I think they are true, but know they may not be.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Sordid Divinity

I didn't mean to use believe so much... wow. Looking back at the paragraph, I did use it a lot.

And maybe I should have used a different word. I believe in God. I feel like the other things are true, if that makes sense. Believe is a strong word. It's more like I think they are true, but know they may not be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff