8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
stealthmongoose
Ameixah
Lucky~9~Lives
Ameixah
(Comparing God to Hitler is very strange considering His divine son is a Jew. neutral )

It's more that Hitler also sent Jews - amongst others - to be tortured and killed.

Fascist/racist based genocide vs. a personal sacrifice. I don't see the correlation there. Hating a group and wanting to kill them off just because they're Jewish, Polish, Black, or mentally or physically disabled is not a good excuse. Hitler's reason for his god complex was not a justifiable one, it was almost childish. Who is he to define who is inferior; why should inferiority be measured by someone's ethnic origins? God heals the disabled, and loves all colours of His creation. Hitler himself was part North African, and Jewish. confused

By Christianity's standards it was more than justified. The man accepted Jesus Christ as his one and only God and savior, and was never excommunicated from any sect of Christianity formally for it.

Obviously nobody of any importance within the Christian religion considered Hitler non-christian or heretical enough to sever ties between him and God.

By all definitions that hold weight, Hitler was a true Christian.

QFE, this post has still not been debunked.

Familiar Prophet

stealthmongoose
Ameixah
stealthmongoose

rofl I hope you're joking. confused

How so? You know what he did right?

I understand he held belief in Jesus Christ and never abandoned that belief until his death bed. Also, for those of you who missed it, here's the rest of that quote.

Quote:
By Christianity's standards it was more than justified. The man accepted Jesus Christ as his one and only God and savior, and was never excommunicated from any sect of Christianity formally for it.

Obviously nobody of any importance within the Christian religion considered Hitler non-christian or heretical enough to sever ties between him and God.

Cherry pick your own scripture, b***h. The man never renounced his belief.

EDIT: If you wish to make Hitler a non-Christian, you must remove the clause that states that belief in Jesus is required to get to heaven.

You know one trait that makes people human is empathy, it's scary when it seems people don't have it. People who don't feel empathy or even remorse seem less human than people who do.

Calling yourself a christian, doesn't make you one. Lying about being a christian doesn't make you one either. God is not stupid. You can't have one foot in, and one foot out. Plain and simple; you can't serve God and the devil.

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ - Matthew 7:22-23

Familiar Prophet

stealthmongoose
stealthmongoose
Ameixah
Lucky~9~Lives
Ameixah
(Comparing God to Hitler is very strange considering His divine son is a Jew. neutral )

It's more that Hitler also sent Jews - amongst others - to be tortured and killed.

Fascist/racist based genocide vs. a personal sacrifice. I don't see the correlation there. Hating a group and wanting to kill them off just because they're Jewish, Polish, Black, or mentally or physically disabled is not a good excuse. Hitler's reason for his god complex was not a justifiable one, it was almost childish. Who is he to define who is inferior; why should inferiority be measured by someone's ethnic origins? God heals the disabled, and loves all colours of His creation. Hitler himself was part North African, and Jewish. confused

Hitler was a liar. The Nazis even tried rewriting history in school textbooks during his dictatorship. Textbooks were rewritten to paint a biased "good" picture of the Nazis, and a bad picture of everything subhuman.
Ameixah
You know one trait that makes people human is empathy, it's scary when it seems people don't have it. People who don't feel empathy seem less human than people who do.

As the darker history of psychopathy demonstrates, people who don't feel empathy are often very successful at seeming to.
- ninja

Familiar Prophet

Lucky~9~Lives
Ameixah
Hitler himself was part North African, and Jewish. confused

The Daily Mail itself infamously supported Hitler in a big way. confused

Hmm..it was the first source that popped up when I Googled it. Thanks for letting me know. If you're not comfortable with Daily Mail here are some more sources:

Hitler 'had Jewish and African roots', DNA tests show
-Saliva samples taken from 39 relatives of the Nazi leader show he may have had biological links to the "subhuman" races that he tried to exterminate during the Holocaust.

http://www.albawaba.com/behind-news/new-dna-tests-hitler-had-jewish-and-north-african-ancestors

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/k/kershaw-hitler.html

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Ameixah
stealthmongoose
stealthmongoose
Ameixah
Lucky~9~Lives
Ameixah

Hitler was a liar. The Nazis even tried rewriting history in school textbooks during his dictatorship. Textbooks were rewritten to paint a biased "good" picture of the Nazis, and a bad picture of everything subhuman.

Good Christians have been liars before, and genocidal murderers. Abraham, one of God's chosen if you follow the bible, slaughters children before they are born in order to prevent their possible sinful nature.

Hitler was baptized and saved by Christian authority, he has yet to have that right revoked. Once Christianity as a whole excommunicates Hitler, then we can consider him non-Christian.

Until then you have just about as much authority as LaVey in determining the Christianity of Hitler.

So far you've provided a bit of scripture that does not trump Jesus. What's your next move? Are you gonna quote me some Judas to try and debunk God?

Nothing you say will denounce Hitler's state as a Christian.

All you've proven so far is that you wish he wasn't.

Familiar Prophet

stealthmongoose
Ameixah
stealthmongoose
stealthmongoose
Ameixah

Good Christians have been liars before, and genocidal murderers. Abraham, one of God's chosen if you follow the bible, slaughters children before they are born in order to prevent their possible sinful nature.

Hitler was baptized and saved by Christian authority, he has yet to have that right revoked. Once Christianity as a whole excommunicates Hitler, then we can consider him non-Christian.

Until then you have just about as much authority as LaVey in determining the Christianity of Hitler.

So far you've provided a bit of scripture that does not trump Jesus. What's your next move? Are you gonna quote me some Judas to try and debunk God?

Nothing you say will denounce Hitler's state as a Christian.

All you've proven so far is that you wish he wasn't.

He can call himself whatever he likes, anybody who is a christian, who has read the Bible, knows what type of "christian" he is. He's a christian in name only, less than lukewarm. (There isn't even such thing as a cold christian mentioned in the Bible) Everything he did but go to church, and call himself a christian, does not reflect christian values or principles. (Believing in God is only one part of the equation) He had no God-fear in him period, he was not like Jesus at all. Hitler himself thought he was his own god. When he stated he was a "christian" he was putting on an act to win the audience he was persuading over; don't you see that? He shot himself in the end, not because he felt remorse, but because he almost got caught.

What people say =/= what people do. What people say, and what people do, are two different things. Actions speak louder than words.

You still don't know what a christian is, the only way you'll find out is by reading the Bible yourself. And then after you read it, look at this scandalous propaganda again and re-evaluate the statement you've just made. Really, I would encourage you to read it.

Hallowed Hunter

MySecretConfession

God did not create sin... you imply that my God is cruel? merciless?
but in actuality that is just how you see him as, perhaps it is you who is warped? (after all man is never perfect)

God does not condemn people to hell, they throw themselves into satan's arms.
Worship him? You just need to love him ( and by loving him you serve his people: feed the hungry, clothe the naked, love thy enemy, be kind to those who hurt you, forgive those who persecute you) and trust in his mercy.

he gave his creatures everything.. power, freedom, life..
even when one of his angels envied him and chose to go against him, he didn't destroy him

Well, actually, Prometheus gave us fire...
Ameixah
Athena_Ritashe
One big problem… when you get down to it the thing I did wrong is EXIST. I don’t have to do anything. Breathing is what earns me hellfire. God is mad at me from the time I begin to exist until I start saying I’m so sorry I exist and that I’m grateful that he created me. But he loves me? If he loved me he wouldn’t gleefully torture me, whether I am worshipful or not.

God is not really mad at you in particular, or personally. What God hates is disobedience, wickedness, and sin. God knows you're not perfect, and He knows we are all sinners; which is why he sent Jesus to die to save us from our sins. If God didn't want you to exist, you wouldn't have.

Ummm, this makes no sense. First of all can you back this statement up at all? scripture? But let's set that aside. So God doesn't hate me particularly, but loves me particularly? So why would he have individual judgement, where he recounts your misdeeds and then casts you in the lake of fire? (or if you're "saved" cast into heaven) If it's not personal, then the species would be judged as a whole. It's individual, and it is personal.

Quote:
Quote:
So which is it? Is God loving? Is he hateful and petty? Does he not really care? Is he each? If you are Hitler and you adore the followers who love and praise you why you are still a monster, no matter how kind you are to the Nazis who adore you. And just to take the analogy further: Is it okay what Hitler did to the Jews if he offered them a pardon if they denied their Jewishness and became Nazis? NO!

God didn't make you a slave, or a drone; he gave you free will. Which is why he wants you to see His way and choose Him openly, with your own mind. God loves believers and non-believers that's why He sent His son.

"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." - Luke 15:7

As a Nazi you had free will too. You didn't have to hail Hitler and salute with your right arm. You didn't have to attend propoganda meetings or hang a picture of Hitler in your home. These things were highly encouraged. Just don't be surprised if you're snached away in the middle of the night and shoved into a cattle car on its way to a concentration camp.

Quote:
Quote:
Fact is Christianity and Islam scare me. They have a God that is angry and petty and will torture you forever just for existing. At least in Islam they just say “God is God, he can do whatever he wants.” The fact is I see these religions as so internally contradictory that they cannot be real. If I was a Christian I’d be worshiping a divine Hitler. You’d better “Sieg Hail!” and throw you right arm up or you’re going to the concentration camp. Your God is not love. Your God may not really exist.

God is not like Hitler because he is not fascist or racist. God is angry now, and was angry back then, because people around the world are making children child prostitutes, sacrificing their children to idols, not sharing wealth, practicing cannibalism, indulging in wicked behavior without a conscience, oppressing people, murdering one another ect. All the evil in the world is why God is really angry, not just because of your own personal sin and disbelief. God gives chances, which is why He's an open ear whenever people who have gone astray come to Him. He is merciful. And He loves you.

God is like Hitler because, like Hitler, God puts people in two camps. You're either a "good" Nazi or an "evil" Jew. Likewise you're either "good" and "saved" or "evil" and "unsaved". And the evil unsaved people, just like the Jews, are tortured. Only unsaved people get tortured forever.

You list a bunch of bad things and say that God hates them, which I think is BS. Why? For one, God permitted a lot of murder and mayhem back in the good old Old Testament. Genocide, slavery, rape, and murder all ordered by God. And two, so long as you get "saved" God can overlook anything. You can do anything as long as you repent. Why did God ordain genocide? Because those Caananites worshipped the wrong God, pretty much that simple. Oh, and they were in the wrong place, at the wrong time. God doesn't care about what you do, he cares about if you worship him or not.

Quote:
Quote:
Either you have totally warped and misrepresented God, or this “God” doesn’t really exist. How can God be so petty as to torture someone forever for not worshiping him, and yet be called “loving”? It makes no sense.

Unbelievers and unrighteous souls go to Sheol/Hades after they die. Believers who've died are already judged and dwell in paradise. Unbelievers, and the wicked, await the final judgement in the lost side of Sheol. (Sheol is a temporary holding place, almost like a prison). Wicked people, and unbelievers, who died unrepentant, will be resurrected for the final judgement. Jesus is the final judge of who goes to the eternal hell (the lake of fire) or not. The unforgivable sin is rejecting Jesus and His offer of forgiveness, and blaspheming the Holy Spirit. (And don't worry, you probably haven't done it.)

Yes, yes, I'm pretty sure I covered that. You worship God, you go to heaven and if you don't you go to hell. We've all heard this. But the point I made got lost to you.

1. The Bible states that God is love, and loves everyone.
2. The Bible claims everyone is sinful, and that even thoughts are sin.
3. The Bible claims that everyone who sins will go to hell, except those that pardoned by Jesus.

How can you love everyone and still order everyone (except the ones who take the loophole) to be tortured?

How can you say you love everyone, everyone except people who live (eennee, meennniee miney mo) Asia, and think all Asians should have their feet burned off? (Please note: I love Asians, my BF is Chinese, this is pure hypothetical.) Either you love everyone, or you like certain people and don’t like others. God doesn’t love everyone, the ones that aren’t into unquestioning obedience are the ones he wants to hurt the most. He’s a bigot, just like most people are.
To me it does not really matter if you are religious, atheist or what ever. To me the only thing that matters is if you are good. Are you a good person? The site TenCommandments20.org/ is a good example of how new technology can be used to decide what is good and how you can be good. What was litterary written in the bible don't really matter. What matters is how you interpret and apply it for good, not what the bible say about hellfire or damnation.

Familiar Prophet

Athena_Ritashe
Ummm, this makes no sense.

Read the Bible, it'll make sense. Don't just cherry pick, read the whole thing.

Quote:
You list a bunch of bad things and say that God hates them, which I think is BS. Why? For one, God permitted a lot of murder and mayhem back in the good old Old Testament. Genocide, slavery, rape, and murder all ordered by God. And two, so long as you get "saved" God can overlook anything. You can do anything as long as you repent. Why did God ordain genocide? Because those Caananites worshipped the wrong God, pretty much that simple. Oh, and they were in the wrong place, at the wrong time. God doesn't care about what you do, he cares about if you worship him or not.

It's not just because the Canaanites worshiped the wrong god or idols. As stated above, they were indulging in evil, such as; child temple prostitution, sacrificing children to idols, murder, cannibalism, incest, bestiality ect.. So God waged war on them. The Israelites did not rape the Canaanite female captives because they knew they would be put to death if they did. They were not supposed to defile themselves with the Canaanites or Midianites. God also never actually condoned rape, the false "marry your rapist" understanding is a result of mistranslation. Based on older translations of Deuteronomy 22:28, the word lechery is not understood as rape, it's more like sexual relations as a result of seduction, or hot passion.

This is how captives of war were treated:

"If you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. (This does not mean rape). 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife. 14 If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her." Deuteronomy 21:11-14

Back in those days slavery was not the same as new century slavery. Being a slave was more like being a butler or servant. Slaves weren't as oppressed, and slavery wasn't that demonized or looked down on. The slaves had to be treated well, and they had rights.

Also according to an Old Testament law, anyone caught selling another person (involuntarily) into slavery was to be executed.
"He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death." (Exodus 21:16)

Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven. Colossians 4:1

“When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free because of his eye. If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free because of his tooth. - Exodus 21:26-27

“You shall not give up to his master a slave who has escaped from his master to you. He shall dwell with you, in your midst, in the place that he shall choose within one of your towns, wherever it suits him. You shall not wrong him. Deuteronomy 23:15-16

“Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ Exodus 21:1-6

Quote:
Yes, yes, I'm pretty sure I covered that. You worship God, you go to heaven and if you don't you go to hell. We've all heard this. But the point I made got lost to you.

1. The Bible states that God is love, and loves everyone.
2. The Bible claims everyone is sinful, and that even thoughts are sin.
3. The Bible claims that everyone who sins will go to hell, except those that pardoned by Jesus.

How can you love everyone and still order everyone (except the ones who take the loophole) to be tortured?

How can you say you love everyone, everyone except people who live (eennee, meennniee miney mo) Asia, and think all Asians should have their feet burned off? (Please note: I love Asians, my BF is Chinese, this is pure hypothetical.) Either you love everyone, or you like certain people and don’t like others. God doesn’t love everyone, the ones that aren’t into unquestioning obedience are the ones he wants to hurt the most. He’s a bigot, just like most people are.

How can the creator be a bigot, if he is the creator? God's not a bigot; just because God makes rules/guidelines for His world, and His people, He's a bigot? It's people who don't know their place that's the problem. You haven't read the Bible. And because you haven't read it you sound as if you don't understand what you're talking about.

Sheol is not hell/the lake of fire.

Where did God say Asians would have their feet burned off. It's not a sin to be an Asian. confused
stealthmongoose

I'm not sure what you are speaking of so, please direct me to some references.

stealthmongoose

Who is the Christian authority? Just because he was baptized as a child by a local German catholic priest means nothing to Protestants or Catholics. Christianity isn't networked to "as a whole" excommunicate someone either. Even if "we" are, it wouldn't satisfy the victims or the trolls out there about Hitler because of his deceptive nazi propaganda.
That's Christianity in a nutshell
WORSHIP ME OR BURN!!!
Also "All men are created equal"
Uh-huh. Please explain special needs and birth defects then please.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff