Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Balmung of Azure Sky
Lukyo
Their notion of God is not the same as in Judaism or Christianity. To them God is more of an abstraction.
In Satanism you became your own godhead in accordance to your own potential.

Besides a god serves as a better central focus anyway.

Were you not listening? Perhaps I should explain it clearer.
To "them," The Buddha and Kong Fuzi never claimed to be deities, unlike your Jesus.
That's basically what I said with different words.

In Satanism? You'll have to be more specific, as there are branches of Satanism, just like any other religion. Theistic Satanism, or just Satanism, is literal devil-worship. That's obviously not the one you're talking about. You're probably talking about LaVeyan Satanism, as it's the worship of oneself. But there are no literal gods in LaVeyan Satanism; it's basically atheism with rituals, made by LaVey as a mockery of religion.
You originally referenced LaVey so I brought up his description.

I choose kindness as a "central focus" rather than gods; especially gods who make no signs of their existence, let injustices happen, and expect me to believe in them under the threat of torture.
Kindness? Kindness toward what? Kindness about what? What are you talking about?
Destiny, I suggest you read Machiavelli's comments on this topic. I agree with Machiavelli and it appears that Moses did too.
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
Love and fear are not specific enough and are easily misused. A religion needs to have a central focus, namely a god, loved by his followers and feared by his enemies. If a religion doesn't have a central focus there can't be a religion.
So Theravada isn't a religion?
Don't they have "the four noble truths"?
they have no god as their central focus, in fact their religion has many foci, not one central focus.
So what identifies them?

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
Love and fear are not specific enough and are easily misused. A religion needs to have a central focus, namely a god, loved by his followers and feared by his enemies. If a religion doesn't have a central focus there can't be a religion.
they have no god as their central focus, in fact their religion has many foci, not one central focus.
So what identifies them?
Lots of things....
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
So what identifies them?
Lots of things....
Such as . . .

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
So what identifies them?
Lots of things....
Such as . . .
Nibbana, anicca, cessation of dukkha, bhavana, puja of the Buddha, the bhikkhu order, anatta. the parami, the tripitaka.
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
So what identifies them?
Lots of things....
Such as . . .
Nibbana, anicca, cessation of dukkha, bhavana, puja of the Buddha, the bhikkhu order, anatta. the parami, the tripitaka.
confused Pantheism is so odd. But what is the point of all these things?

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
So what identifies them?
Lots of things....
Such as . . .
Pantheism? Buddhism is not pantheist.
All those things have their own point.
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
The Catfish Blues
Lukyo
So what identifies them?
Lots of things....
Such as . . .
Pantheism? Buddhism is not pantheist.
All those things have their own point.
And that point is?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out