Welcome to Gaia! ::

It will live on, forever, in memory.. Or at least until I run out of storage space and start reusing it, anyway. xd

Darn shame about the thread, yeah. We even had a semi-useful index! But that too is gone, of course..

*waves at the Dasair* Good to see you're still around, though. ^__^ I'd seen Deoridhe about in other threads, but a number of (already mentioned) others'd gone missing (at least, to my knowledge) as well.

.. Bother.
Ok, so, here is a topic for you (and something I can use to learn from)

Do any of you have a favorite myth regarding the Norse Gods? A favorite Deity for that matter?
Charity.l.bedell

Do any of you have a favorite myth regarding the Norse Gods? A favorite Deity for that matter?

yup. The ragnarok. I have no favorite myth than all of the "gods" dying. blaugh
Scholastic
Charity.l.bedell

I hope this doesnt come off as offensive,

but for some reason I didnt see you as the type of person who likes mythology from different cultures.
Scholastic
Charity.l.bedell

that's nice, rolleyes What about the part about some of the gods surviving and starting the world over again.

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
My favorite has to be the finding of the runes by Odin. Two lines of Edda, but so much power.
My 'favourite' part keeps changing. At the moment, I'm looking into Tyr and Loki. Fun!

Here's, ah, an introductionary page? It's a page with a shitload of information, anyway.

Damned url thing appears to be broken, so you'll have to make due with me writing it out like this, hehe..

The Troth Homepage can be found at http://www.thetroth.org/

They also have a book online about it, by people from the religion.

Our Troth Online at http://www.thetroth.org/resources/ourtroth/

But Deoridhe said to bring our saltsticks as it isn't necessarily 100%
*bookmarks our troth* Now have I 3 links on Norse Paganisim! Yay. I seriouslly need to take a small break from reading about Witchcraft (ie books that get wronglly published with Wicca as what they are about) and focus on other books and philosphpies.

I swear when I get back to USM (The college I recentlly atteneded) I am going to take every single corse on religion and philsophy I can. They do have an anthropology major so they should have some good classes.
vincent_1126
Scholastic
Charity.l.bedell

that's nice, rolleyes What about the part about some of the gods surviving and starting the world over again.

Aw, loosen up on Scholastic's case. It's ok for a Christian not to know mythology all that well. Or to understand the myths through a distorted prism.
Charity.l.bedell
*bookmarks our troth* Now have I 3 links on Norse Paganisim!

Heres some more if you haven't seen them already. These were provided to me by the nearest Kindred.
The Troth
ASATRU FOLK ASSEMBLY - Welcome page
Troth Publications: The Troth's Book of Blots
Havamal
Norse Gods and Asatru
Asatru Offerings, Heathen Harrows
Asatru

Recently I re-read The Saga of Hervor and King Heidrek the Wise.. A riddle contest between King Heidrek and Odin.
Astenwroth
Charity.l.bedell
*bookmarks our troth* Now have I 3 links on Norse Paganisim!

Heres some more if you haven't seen them already. These were provided to me by the nearest Kindred.
The Troth
ASATRU FOLK ASSEMBLY - Welcome page
Troth Publications: The Troth's Book of Blots
Havamal
Norse Gods and Asatru
Asatru Offerings, Heathen Harrows
Asatru

Recently I re-read The Saga of Hervor and King Heidrek the Wise.. A riddle contest between King Heidrek and Odin.
*blinks* wow. thats a-lot....

I wonder if there is a kindred near me..(more to talk to and learn from them and the like)
Charity.l.bedell

I wonder if there is a kindred near me..(more to talk to and learn from them and the like)

Hmm.. Do a google search for Kindred and your area name?
Otherwise one of the sites listed might have a way to find something.
Astenwroth
Charity.l.bedell

Hmm.. Do a google search for Kindred and your area name?
Otherwise one of the sites listed might have a way to find something.
I'll have to look into that.
Deoridhe
My favorite has to be the finding of the runes by Odin. Two lines of Edda, but so much power.

Is that the part where he's hanging upside down from a tree, Deoridhe? *vaguely recalls a story like that*

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Maze
Deoridhe

Is that the part where he's hanging upside down from a tree, Deoridhe? *vaguely recalls a story like that*

Not upside down - that's the Hanged Man in the Tarot. Odin hangs from a spear through his chest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff