Welcome to Gaia! ::

If were going to do experiments on prisoners, I think we should try out chemical weapons in primary schools. That way we can see which weapons are most effective and also counter the problem of over-population in class with the bonus of having only the most hardy children being educated...

Oh wait, human rights gets in the way, that sucks...
Anemi
If were going to do experiments on prisoners, I think we should try out chemical weapons in primary schools. That way we can see which weapons are most effective and also counter the problem of over-population in class with the bonus of having only the most hardy children being educated...

Oh wait, human rights gets in the way, that sucks...

Ode to the days when we tested radioactive material on those in asylums and/or orphanages. Take that useless appendages of society!
*shrugs* I say give 'em the option if they have life or death; I also say give them the option to have things down to their bodies. For some, that's one of the ways they can actually give back to the community.

Finally, I think the method of execution should be revamped. This whole injection and having everything collapse inside is, well, grotesque. Perhaps someone should look into a medical surgery where the neck is snapped with the individual unconcious. Again, if they want the option, they can donate their bodies to hospitals and colleges as cadavars, as other citizens do (they can't do this with the injection because it destroys everything). Something positive has already come out of an inmate donating his body- a medical groups was able to freeze, slice, and take a detailed documentation of the human body from the head down.

Maybe they would feel better if as we took some rights from them, we gave rights back- having options tends to make people more comfortable.
gigacannon
To be honest, the whole concept of justice is ludicrous. Who cares if someone suffers for their crime? What does it achieve?
Well, hopefully it deters other potential criminals. But I completely agree with everything you are saying.

On costs, I'm still a bit confused. Nice source Axioma, but why? Why would prosecution and apeals be <i>so much more expensive</i>? What is so different in the process of using the death penalty? I mean, the trial process is essentially the same, right? And the appeals are likely to continue either way, so why is it more expensive?

Maybe we can revive the last Capital Punishment thread thread and keep debating capital punishment.
Or, you know, I could kill every capital punishment thread I touch, whatever.
Morgan_M

2.) Killing them off is better. Is ay that is you're a murderer who has chopped a man's head off, you're head will be chopped off in the same manner. If you are a rapist. You will be shot in the balls (that is if you're a man) and you will bleed to death. If you're a woman rapist, we will shoot you in the head, you shouldn't have been thinking the things you were. If you steal, one of your hands will be chopped off. That's the way i think. *smiles and marches off*

"An eye for an eye and the whole world will be blind." -Gandhi
silver_icicles
Morgan_M

2.) Killing them off is better. Is ay that is you're a murderer who has chopped a man's head off, you're head will be chopped off in the same manner. If you are a rapist. You will be shot in the balls (that is if you're a man) and you will bleed to death. If you're a woman rapist, we will shoot you in the head, you shouldn't have been thinking the things you were. If you steal, one of your hands will be chopped off. That's the way i think. *smiles and marches off*

"An eye for an eye and the whole world will be blind." -Gandhi
The world might be blind after we're done but if that's what it takes by golly I'l do it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff