Welcome to Gaia! ::

As a person living on planet earth I look around and see myself totally in the dark over so many things. Not just me either but everyone. Everyone is in the dark.

There are heaps and so many unknowns about life. We live in the dark and scurry around in it like cockroaches. I imagine most actually prefer the dark as it gives them cover to do evil.

Anyway let this thread be a place to let your light shine before others. I would like to see your light and see what it will do for me. Now because we're in the dark I can't give you instructions on how to let your light shine or how to even make light.

By posting in this thread you are giving us a taste of yourself, you are shining your light. A smart person has more light perhaps than a dumb person but I don't know if this is true? Are you still so dull?

What is this light that Jesus talks about. How are we the light of the world? Please explain anything you want in this thread but make sure you are letting your light shine.

If your light is shining it will illuminate me and others lives so we don't stumble and we progress.

I kinda saw a light oneday. It was like I was shining and the person was real dumb in comparison and I was able to lead them to there own source of light after they had been in my light for so long. Like she was in darkness and under my light her face lit up like shining a torch on your face when its pitch black it looked exactly like that except it was in broad daylight that her face lit up. I was demonstraing something discussing something and someone said the exact line "snatch them out of my hand" Jesus talks about his sheep and how noone can snatch them out of his hand. But anyway to no avail, i'm dellusional and matrixified so none of my experiences mount to a hell of beans.

I imagine most lights are very dim now. Love grown cold. I know my light is dim. I'm in the dark now. I tried walking while I had the light but i'm afraid I didn't get very far and only fell back into darkness.

What can you tell me about lights and Jesus? I would like to see your light as I have great darkness.

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE BEFORE OTHERS, POST IN THIS THREAD.

Leedarc

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Leedarc
I imagine most actually prefer the dark as it gives them cover to do evil

Matthew 7:3, the Sermon on the Mount
Look not to the mote in thy brother's eye when thou hast a beam in thine own

What makes your hypocrisy in this isntance so vile, so distasteful, is the pall it throws on your self righteousness. You have forgotten the face of your father.
CuAnnan
Leedarc

What makes your hypocrisy in this isntance so vile, so distasteful, is the pall it throws on your self righteousness. You have forgotten the face of your father.

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Leedarc
CuAnnan
Leedarc

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

Your quote lacks relevance.
I am not insulting you because you are a follower of Christ.
I am insulting you because you are a hypocrite. And Christ was pretty clear about how he felt about those.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Leedarc
As a person living on planet earth I look around and see myself totally in the dark over so many things. Not just me either but everyone. Everyone is in the dark.

It's a part of the human experience. The world has gone to s**t and there is nobody out there listening.

Quote:
A smart person has more light perhaps than a dumb person but I don't know if this is true?

That's insulting and not true. Not very Christ-like at all.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Leedarc
As a person living on planet earth I look around and see myself totally in the dark over so many things.
Maybe you should take the sheet off of your head, then.
Leedarc
There are heaps and so many unknowns about life.
Which is why finding out as much as possible, rather than presupposing an answer, is so important.
Leedarc
We live in the dark and scurry around in it like cockroaches.
Speak for yourself.
Leedarc
I imagine most actually prefer the dark as it gives them cover to do evil.
A person who proclaims to know evil in others is most likely intimately familiar with it.
Leedarc
let this thread be a place to let your light shine before others. I would like to see your light and see what it will do for me.
As you wish - here is my 'light' for you:

"The Bible is a book of fabrications, falsehoods, and contradictions; The idea that it is the literal and inerrant word of God is ludicrous, as evidenced by itself."
Leedarc
Now because we're in the dark I can't give you instructions on how to let your light shine or how to even make light.
Id suggest that they open their curtains or flip a switch, but whatevs.
Leedarc
A smart person has more light perhaps than a dumb person but I don't know if this is true?
How is this sentence a question?
Leedarc
Are you still so dull?
...says the guy who clings to religion.
Leedarc
What is this light that Jesus talks about. How are we the light of the world?
How are we even sure that Jesus said such a thing? The only source for it is the Bible, which can't be trusted for the reasons listed above. Additionally, none of the gospel authors were there to hear him say this, so the phrase is either a total fabrication on the part of the author, or else victim to a 40-year-long game of "telephone".
Leedarc
Please explain anything you want in this thread but make sure you are letting your light shine.
That's what I'm doing.
Leedarc
If your light is shining it will illuminate me and others lives so we don't stumble and we progress.
The world could be so fortunate...
Leedarc
I kinda saw a light one day.
Most people do...
Leedarc
It was like I was shining and the person was real dumb in comparison and I was able to lead them to there own source of light after they had been in my light for so long.
After reading this sentence, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that where you led them had nothing to do with grammar.
Leedarc
Like she was in darkness and under my light her face lit up like shining a torch on your face when its pitch black it looked exactly like that except it was in broad daylight that her face lit up.
Pat yourself on the back a little harder, why don't you...
Leedarc
I was demonstrating something discussing something and someone said the exact line "snatch them out of my hand" Jesus talks about his sheep and how noone can snatch them out of his hand.
Well, I'm glad that made sense for you, but the rest of us can't see your 'light' about this through the gloom of your horrible writing.
Leedarc
But anyway to no avail, i'm dellusional and matrixified so none of my experiences mount to a hell of beans.
I have no idea what the ******** that means... but find that I agree with it anyway.
Leedarc
I imagine most lights are very dim now.
How depressing of you to say.
Leedarc
I know my light is dim. I'm in the dark now. I tried walking while I had the light but i'm afraid I didn't get very far and only fell back into darkness.
Try taking the sheet off your head.
Leedarc
What can you tell me about lights and Jesus?
I don't see the connection between the two.
Leedarc
I would like to see your light as I have great darkness.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Let your applesauce shine before others.
I thought I was going to come in and have a great discussion about Quaker Theology.

I am very disappointed. You barely explain what you are talking about, and focus on pseudo-intellectual posturing.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
CuAnnan
Leedarc

It's positivity that brings change in a person, not negativity. When the word "hypocrite" was used, did this guy listen to you, or did he get defensive, and shut down?

OP, I remind you that humanity is capable of both great good AND evil. It's easy to become jaded when all you hear about in the news is violence and suffering. Thing is, pain sells papers. They AREN'T going to talk about acts of kindness and charity, or any of the accomplishments we've made.

TLDR, you need more ponies in your life. Both o' you.

As for my opinion on the big J, he seems like a pretty decent guy?
Of the portrayals I've seen, I think I liked Jesus Christ Superstar the most; it fixated less on the torture, more on the teachings.

That, I think, is a major failing of the whole "born again" thing. People don't have any incentive to learn the teachings, as "faith is enough." Fortunately, most people are actually pretty decent, when they're not on the news.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Exoth XIII
It's positivity that brings change in a person, not negativity. When the word "hypocrite" was used, did this guy listen to you, or did he get defensive, and shut down?

In a person, yes. I agree. And when the OP shows the slightest shred of humanity or personhood, they'll get treated as such.
Until then, I am less interested in dealing with them personally than I am in damage controlling the content they place on my internet.

Exoth XIII
TLDR, you need more ponies in your life.

No thanks.
The sentimentality overwhelms any other message, it's the Moffat style of storytelling with slightly less ***** overtones.

Exoth XIII

He and I disagree fundamentally on several key issues, but that's ok he's not part of my pantheon.

Exoth XIII
Fortunately, most people are actually pretty decent, when they're not on the news.

We disagree on this as well.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
CuAnnan
Exoth XIII

In a person, yes. I agree. And when the OP shows the slightest shred of humanity or personhood, they'll get treated as such.

Sometimes you've gotta be the one to take the first step.
Someone has to.
Quote:

Exoth XIII
TLDR, you need more ponies in your life.

No thanks.
The sentimentality overwhelms any other message, it's the Moffat style of storytelling with slightly less ***** overtones.

I like Moffat's episodes.
There's nothing wrong with sentimentality. That's a part of being human too.

Quote:

Exoth XIII

He and I disagree fundamentally on several key issues, but that's ok he's not part of my pantheon.

That's fine, I haven't even got a pantheon.
Quote:

Exoth XIII
Fortunately, most people are actually pretty decent, when they're not on the news.

We disagree on this as well.

Evidently.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Exoth XIII
Someone has to.

No. I don't.
It is neither part of my ethos nor part of my cultural mores.

Exoth XIII

There is when it's ad nauseaum.

Exoth XIII
That's fine, I haven't even got a pantheon

That's ok.
You too are stardust rendered into sentient form.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
CuAnnan
Exoth XIII
Someone has to.

No. I don't.
It is neither part of my ethos nor part of my cultural mores.

It doesn't have to be. Simply, it's more effective in eliciting change.
Quote:

Exoth XIII

Ah, so, you're the sort who goes "yech, mushy stuff." I see.
Quote:

Exoth XIII
That's fine, I haven't even got a pantheon

That's ok.
You too are stardust rendered into sentient form.

That's why I like Carl Sagan.

No reason why a scientist can't be a poet too.
Exoth XIII
CuAnnan
Exoth XIII

Ah, so, you're the sort who goes "yech, mushy stuff."

More the sort who goes "yech, too much/inappropriate mushy stuff".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff