Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
chezecakebettie
but frankly, who are you to judge me in such a way?

Not a Christian, for one. My religion has no strictures against not judging.

chezecakebettie
jesus was a friend to all sorts of shady people, sinners. perhaps if you're trying to live your life by becoming more christ-like, you should try that rout instead.

So, instead of taking this opportunity to really examine your motivations and why they aren't Christ-like, you are trying to tell me how to be more Christ-like? I didn't expect you to be quite so hypocritical; shame, that.

chezecakebettie
we're all on our own personal faith journey and i'd appreciate it if you would stop trying to make me more compassionate through your beliefs.

Ah, so you would rather not be compassionate. Gotcha.
~Lady Nightmare~
So, does Judas go to heaven?
He committed suicide, but this was God's plan, no?

i have no clue. i assume that he went to hell but i should really just read the bible more.
Deoridhe, i'm not going to talk to you anymore about my compassion. please stick the the subject, judas's suicide, or please leave.
Deoridhe
chezecakebettie
but frankly, who are you to judge me in such a way?

Not a Christian, for one. My religion has no strictures against not judging.

chezecakebettie
jesus was a friend to all sorts of shady people, sinners. perhaps if you're trying to live your life by becoming more christ-like, you should try that rout instead.

So, instead of taking this opportunity to really examine your motivations and why they aren't Christ-like, you are trying to tell me how to be more Christ-like? I didn't expect you to be quite so hypocritical; shame, that.

chezecakebettie
we're all on our own personal faith journey and i'd appreciate it if you would stop trying to make me more compassionate through your beliefs.

Ah, so you would rather not be compassionate. Gotcha.

Will you give him a break already? stare Seriously, this is getting old and we're off topic.

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
chezecakebettie
Deoridhe, i'm not going to talk to you anymore about my compassion. please stick the the subject, judas's suicide, or please leave.

I think it's very sad that someone as principled as Judas, who valued carrying for the poor so much, was pushed to the point of loosing his faith in Jesus because he saw signs that Jesus was wasting money and being adored instead of bein learned from. I think it's further sad that these two people loved each other even as they were both destroyed. I think it's even sadder that so many people demonize and insult Judas.

And, with that, I'm leaving. Have fun being incompassionate!
Wait, wait, wait. Judas committed suicide? What's the scriptural backing for this?
Westonian
Wait, wait, wait. Judas committed suicide? What's the scriptural backing for this?

um.. it's in mathew. hold on a sec, i'll go look it up.
ok it's mathew 27:3-8

"3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. 5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. 6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood. 7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in. 8 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day."
Deoridhe
chezecakebettie

I think it's very sad that someone as principled as Judas, who valued carrying for the poor so much, was pushed to the point of loosing his faith in Jesus because he saw signs that Jesus was wasting money and being adored instead of bein learned from. I think it's further sad that these two people loved each other even as they were both destroyed. I think it's even sadder that so many people demonize and insult Judas.

According to John, Judas was the treasurer, meaning he took care of the money. But he often helped himself to the money, and wasn't actually protesting the use of the expensive perfume out of his concern for the poor, but that he wanted access to the money that perfume would have brought in, for his own selfish wants.

I don't think it's right to demonize and insult him though.

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Gokunama

According to John, Judas was the treasurer, meaning he took care of the money. But he often helped himself to the money, and wasn't actually protesting the use of the expensive perfume out of his concern for the poor, but that he wanted access to the money that perfume would have brought in, for his own selfish wants.

Scriptural evidence, please?
Romuel
Gokunama

Scriptural evidence, please?

Okay! blaugh He was upset when the girl washed Jesus' feet with the perfumes. He thought she should have given them to the church. Also, Judas betrayed Jesus for a bribe of money. After Christ died, he realized that he had done wrong, returned the money, and killed himself.

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Eternal - Flame

Okay! blaugh He was upset when the girl washed Jesus' feet with the perfumes. He thought she should have given them to the church. Also, Judas betrayed Jesus for a bribe of money. After Christ died, he realized that he had done wrong, returned the money, and killed himself.

But that has nothing to do with Judas helping himself to the money Which was why those pieces of text were highlighted. The text attributes an action that isn't defended in scriptural text.

Now John does declare Judas to be a thief, but Judas' quote isn't that the money go to the church, but rather to the poor.

I wasn't asking for a (demonstrably poor) retelling of the Judas legend, but rather his scriptural evidence for Judas' previous criminal behavior as well as his internal motivations during the perfume incident.
Personally I pitty him. He was able to sit with the savior on countless occasions and learn from him. He became a friend to the savior he was the treasurer so he even mannaged Jesus's funds for him. Yet all of that when people hear the name "judas" they think of betrayal. Ohh and yes I did know that he killed himself. I learned that in my new testament bible study class. I feel bad for him though, I wouldn't want my name going down in history as a betrayers.
~Lady Nightmare~
So, does Judas go to heaven?
He committed suicide, but this was God's plan, no?

IN jewish and christain beleives, it says in genesis that god knows your plan, no exactly what your going to do, and exactly when your going to do it. So, if I go to hell, he'll already know. Gods plan doesnt determine anything about going to heaven, hell, or if you a catholic, pergitory.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff