Welcome to Gaia! ::

MiaOstay
Because God is all around us, in trees, in the sky. In the Bible it says that just the palm of His hand covers the universe. if we draw Nigh unto Him, He will draw nigh unto us.
rolleyes Keep the baseless claims for another forum.
Is's not baseless though. It's based on what God said
tea_chi
We don't have any proof that god is up there or where ever he is, so why beleive in stuff that you have no proof in. How can some one beleive god is watching you all the time when he has to watch millions of other people? wink

because if we knew for sure that God was real, and did exist, there would be no choice and we would automatically believe. The decision would already be made for us. And God is nothing without faith.

Faith is belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

But, I know it must be difficult to fathom why God chose to lead the Hebrews from Egypt (so says the bible, which I don't trust much) but not lead the Jews from the holocaust. It is hard to understand, but there are no such things as miracles. In the beginning, God created the earth, made it so it would end up like it is now, and then disassociated himself from us. Everything that occurs happens in accordance to a set of natural laws God set down in the beginning. That's why some people are "lucky" and others are "unlucky".

God may not be watching over us, but he is real.
God is alway watching out for us, but we chose wither to listen to him or not. He loves us so much that he sent his son jesus to die for us so we could live together with him. The reason things end up the way they do is because of the choices we make. That's the whole point of God, to have a relationship with him meaning we get to choice to search for him or not to. When he called on moses to lead the isrealites out of egypt to the land of cannan, he had heard the isrealites prayers for help. In the Hollucast (sp?) the question is if they truley believed. No one really knows why at least i don't, but he wants us to chose him, accept his son and chose life.
tea_chi
We don't have any proof that god is up there or where ever he is, so why beleive in stuff that you have no proof in. How can some one beleive god is watching you all the time when he has to watch millions of other people? wink

Omniscience.

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
she's right. God did love us, and if you guys can't see that than your nothing more than silly children taking the highway instead of the narrow road, the 'easy' way out of things, your doing it your own way. Thats not what God wants, he wants you not strive the presenve of evil, and l heart ve him with all your heart.

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
God does* love us xd
MiaOstay
God is alway watching out for us, but we chose wither to listen to him or not. He loves us so much that he sent his son jesus to die for us so we could live together with him. The reason things end up the way they do is because of the choices we make. That's the whole point of God, to have a relationship with him meaning we get to choice to search for him or not to. When he called on moses to lead the isrealites out of egypt to the land of cannan, he had heard the isrealites prayers for help. In the Hollucast (sp?) the question is if they truley believed. No one really knows why at least i don't, but he wants us to chose him, accept his son and chose life.

HELLO? okay, ie, I'm not sure how old you are, but I've read many books on the holocaust, and of course these people believed! Their Jews for Christ's sake! They're more religious than we are! And we can't control , you know. It's not our choices that always affect everything. Is it our choice if our mom dies in a car while driving home from work and she was hit by a drunk? NO! There are no miracles! Prayers are not answered! God is real, but he doesn't watch over us.
tea_chi
Does the word omnipotent mean anything to you?

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
yupers. God really does look after us, and he does answer our prayers, I know from experience.
i know for a fact that jesus is here i cant tell where but i know where but he is here and bush is jus helping the end of the world to come.but the world isnt going to end til 3073
LadyDeath2005
i know for a fact that jesus is here i cant tell where but i know where but he is here and bush is jus helping the end of the world to come.but the world isnt going to end til 3073
You aren't serious right?
I am the great doubter of all claims relgious.

Jesus: Hi I'm Jesus....I have returned to claim my flock.

Police Officer: That may very well be true but the storm clouds and angelic choir caused delays at the airport and wrecked havoc with security.

Quote:

That is inchaotive. Well I don't care then since I'll be dead a thousand years when the world ends.

Quote:
In the Hollucast (sp?) the question is if they truley believed.

And what the hell (pardon my Francais) does the Holocaust have to do with the choices the victims made in life? They did not choose to get murdered in camps and they did not do anything to merit anything of the sort.
When the Nazi's with big boots and guns and harsh voices came for you in the middle of the night the choice you had was nil or so next to nothing as made no odds.
Does the word 'innocent' or 'victim' mean anything at all?
The Holocaust happened because a group of evil men decided to kill minorities they disliked - and they came up with a plan to murder Jews, Gypsies and the handicapped on an industrial scale. God had nothing to do with this - people chose to do it.
We do the victims of the Holocaust a grave disrespect if we try to move the blame from their tormentors and place it on 'other' circumstances such as God or social conditions.
Quote:
yupers. God really does look after us, and he does answer our prayers, I know from experience.

You mean, you have a preconcieved notion and you have molded your interpretations of your experiences to fit that notion.
Jesus did come back and then the feds BBQ'd him in Waco Texas!

blaugh xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces