Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
The New Wineskin

Please don't tell me you're going to pull the Zeitgeist argument.

Presumably, I'd need to be at least somewhat familiar with said argument in order to "pull it".

I am not.

Get with the times.

...Interesting new look.

That seems like a veiled insult.

No, I just preferred the old one. I am impartial to the new one, and am disinclined to give false compliments.
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
The New Wineskin

Presumably, I'd need to be at least somewhat familiar with said argument in order to "pull it".

I am not.

Get with the times.

...Interesting new look.

No, I just preferred the old one. I am impartial to the new one, and am disinclined to give false compliments.

I preferred the old one, I just find variety to be the spice of life. Also, I wanted to have hair that was similar to my normal hair.

Dapper Reveler

Admiral Dardanos
The New Wineskin
Admiral Dardanos
The New Wineskin
Admiral Dardanos
Nerdologist
Did the authors of the New Testament believe they were inspired by God?

Na, they where just a bunch of bored authors who failed their creative writing course, and decided plagiarism was the way to go.

I am not.

The Zeitgeist argument is the argument stating that Jesus is a plagiarism of many other deities of the past. It has also been debunked billions of times both on these forums and outside of them.

So there is no chance whatsoever that the writers of the New Testament were influenced by any of the religions and traditions that came before?
I don't really see why it would matter really. Just because more people may believe something doesn't quite mean to me that it would be any less believable.
Admiral Dardanos
So there is no chance whatsoever that the writers of the New Testament were influenced by any of the religions and traditions that came before?

Influenced is different than the plagiarism theory pulled out by Zeitgeist conspiracy theories. The "Wow! Cool! He just walked away from the explosion without looking at it! Let's write something similar in every action film ever made. That's so badass!" is what I'd call influence -- like how ideas from pagan festivals were christianized to form Christmas. I don't think anyone's mouth would drop if some of the parables or miracles were borrowed from other traditions. Illiterate people who don't travel much can unintentionally change details quite easily, as any modern game of 'Telephone' would prove. But completely fabricating Jesus from agricultural fertility deities is a bit of a different story.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Admiral Dardanos
The New Wineskin
Admiral Dardanos
The New Wineskin
Admiral Dardanos
Nerdologist
Did the authors of the New Testament believe they were inspired by God?

Na, they where just a bunch of bored authors who failed their creative writing course, and decided plagiarism was the way to go.

I am not.

The Zeitgeist argument is the argument stating that Jesus is a plagiarism of many other deities of the past. It has also been debunked billions of times both on these forums and outside of them.

I never said that. I said that the idea that Jesus is a plagiarism is almost completely debunked.

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic

Get with the times.

...Interesting new look.

I preferred the old one, I just find variety to be the spice of life. Also, I wanted to have hair that was similar to my normal hair.

You mean your real hair?

I never been much for messing around with my avi. I just make it look as much like myself as possible.

Hallowed Hunter

The New Wineskin
Admiral Dardanos
The New Wineskin
Admiral Dardanos
The New Wineskin

I am not.

I never said that. I said that the idea that Jesus is a plagiarism is almost completely debunked.

How has it been debunked by the way? Without knowing the mind of the writers, surely it would be impossible to tell.
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic

Get with the times.

...Interesting new look.

You mean your real hair?

I never been much for messing around with my avi. I just make it look as much like myself as possible.

Yes, though it would need to be dark red for that.

You look roguish and a bit like a murderer?

Devout Fairy

Admiral Dardanos

How has it been debunked by the way? Without knowing the mind of the writers, surely it would be impossible to tell.

Most of the claims of the movie and the companion materials make very specific claims of what was plagiarized that can be proven to be out right lies (Krishna was a shepherd that was crucified), taken out of context (basically every "god-man" argument, everything with Osiris), based on linguistic fallacy (son=sun) or so vague as to be useless ("Miracles were preformed" wink

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic

You mean your real hair?

A murderer?
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic

You mean your real hair?

A murderer?

Such are my suspicions for gun-toting goatee-bearers.

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic

You mean your real hair?

A murderer?

Pirate seems more obvious... pirate
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic

You mean your real hair?

A murderer?

For pirates hardly kill at all?

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic

A murderer?

The best ones don't have to.
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic

A murderer?

The best ones don't have to.

They have undeniable charm, it is true.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items