RichChikka's Senpai

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Illiezeulette
The New Wineskin
(excluding Catholics, who I believe pray to the saints who direct their message to Allah -- I may be wrong there though, as I have not studied Catholic beliefs).

Lol, no.

Catholics pray directly to God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.
Catholics petition saints to pray for them. It's no different than asking your friend to pray for you, except that you are talking to someone who is no longer living. They do this because they believe that saints have more leverage, since they are closer to God and can probably persuade Him to help you out better than you can. It's like the difference between getting a total stranger to help you rather than a close friend (the friend is more likely to respond to you).

In Islam if you want to pray you don't have to go to the Saints or some priest. You pray to God directly through Shalat five times a day..
TDA_Dashin_Sentient
Illiezeulette
The New Wineskin
(excluding Catholics, who I believe pray to the saints who direct their message to Allah -- I may be wrong there though, as I have not studied Catholic beliefs).

Lol, no.

Catholics petition saints to pray for them. It's no different than asking your friend to pray for you, except that you are talking to someone who is no longer living. They do this because they believe that saints have more leverage, since they are closer to God and can probably persuade Him to help you out better than you can. It's like the difference between getting a total stranger to help you rather than a close friend (the friend is more likely to respond to you).

In Islam if you want to pray you don't have to go to the Saints or some priest. You pray to God directly through Shalat five times a day..

Cool. I know that. Catholics don't have to pray through saints or priests, either.
Pseudo-Onkelos
Illiezeulette
The New Wineskin

Lol, no.

This is why I find it silly that God is omniscient. Prayer becomes meaningless.

How are those related? I mean, I definitely know that I should get my laundry done, but I am way more likely to actually do it if a bunch of my friends started nagging me about it. I see prayer as a sort of peer pressure in this context. But, of course, there are different kinds of prayer. Personally, I enjoy prayer as a sort of nice conversation.

Adored Admirer

Illiezeulette
How are those related? I mean, I definitely know that I should get my laundry done, but I am way more likely to actually do it if a bunch of my friends started nagging me about it. I see prayer as a sort of peer pressure in this context. But, of course, there are different kinds of prayer. Personally, I enjoy prayer as a sort of nice conversation.

If God knows everything, He'll know what you request before requesting it. "Your will be done." No nagging involved.

RichChikka's Senpai

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Illiezeulette

Cool. I know that. Catholics don't have to pray through saints or priests, either.

Actually Catholic used to a be a religion of Allah (Islam). With one God (Allah) and Jesus as the prophet. That is why when a Christian converting into to Islam they're not called convert but revert.

And do you know that Jesus is an Arabian? He is born in the Arabic Jewish family. His real name is Isa/Esa.

RichChikka's Senpai

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
Illiezeulette

If God knows everything, He'll know what you request before requesting it. "Your will be done." No nagging involved.

When God wills, God will only say "kun fayakun" (Be! And it is) and it will be done

Adored Admirer

TDA_Dashin_Sentient
Pseudo-Onkelos
Illiezeulette

When God wills, God will only say "kun fayakun" (Be! And it is) and it will be done

When it's God's will, nothing is stopping Him.
TDA_Dashin_Sentient
Illiezeulette

Actually Catholic used to a be a religion of Allah (Islam). With one God (Allah) and Jesus as the prophet. That is why when a Christian converting into to Islam they're not called convert but revert.

And do you know that Jesus is an Arabian? He is born in the Arabic Jewish family. His real name is Isa/Esa.

Uh, I mean, that's kind of your religious perspective and opinion on the matter. I personally disagree with you. Jesus' ethnicity is definitely up to debate, though. Based on most texts associated with him, he was not an Arab, and his given name was Yeshua, which is Aramaic/Jewish.
TDA_Dashin_Sentient
Pseudo-Onkelos
Illiezeulette

I like that song ^^^^^^
I wonder if he's on itunes.

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
awesome biggrin
I find it weird that people would think one should know a lot about a religion to become part of it. I know many people of different faiths who know nothing about their own religion yet say they're part of it >.<

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
TDA_Dashin_Sentient
Illiezeulette

Salaam brother, be very careful, as you are sounding Condescending and are also promoting false information.

Jesus(pbuh) real name was "Yeshua Ben Yusuf" and he was Middle Semetic(palestinian) most definitely not Arabian, as time went by he became known as Yeshua to Yeehsa, then Jesu(In greece) then Jesua(Latin) before hitting Arabia and became (Isa) and then Middle Europe (Jesus).

This is due to the fact that names undergo Cultural shift related to the culture they are present in, for example my name "Daniel" is in Arabic "Danyiell" Jospeh is Yusuf, etc etc due to the Arabisation(for want of a better word) of Early Semetic and Hebrew Languages into the later evolving Arabic.

No Muslim Scholar, or Linguistic expert word dare to argue that Abraham was Actually called "Ibraheem" or that Noah was "Nuh" as these are undoubtably Arabic Variations , to find the real names you simply go to the source languages and Dictions, which is suprisngly easy.

While im on lingusitic rant here, I may as well bring up your "One God(Allah)" statment as it seems to imply God is "named" Allah, when in fact Allah is once more the Arabic variation of God and is just the one we have settled on due to the final revelaton of the Qur'an.
A linguistic title fit for purpose,not a solid name.

RichChikka's Senpai

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Not Enough Ummah

I see, thank you brother..

Illiezeulette

Uh, I mean, that's kind of your religious perspective and opinion on the matter. I personally disagree with you. Jesus' ethnicity is definitely up to debate, though. Based on most texts associated with him, he was not an Arab, and his given name was Yeshua, which is Aramaic/Jewish.

He is born in the middle east. How come he is not Arab? Even if Jesus is a Jew, in His era you can't tell a difference between Arab and Jew (That because in that time Arab and Jew. That because Arab and Jew are the descendants of Ishmael (Arabs) and Isaac (Jews). The two sons of Abraham from a different mother. They have the same black eye and brown skin.

The real face of Jesus
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
TDA_Dashin_Sentient
Not Enough Ummah

I see, thank you brother..

Illiezeulette

He is born in the middle east. How come he is not Arab? Even if Jesus is a Jew, in His era you can't tell a difference between Arab and Jew (That because in that time Arab and Jew. That because Arab and Jew are the descendants of Ishmael (Arabs) and Isaac (Jews). The two sons of Abraham from a different mother. They have the same black eye and brown skin.

The real face of Jesus
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Have you seen a Palestinian, I would not consider them Arabic less so in time of Jesus(pbuh) due to the even great population cross over from Byzantine, and the likes.
Jesus(pbuh) also came from the bloodline of David(pbuh), a distinctly unarabian heritage.

Ferocious Browser

Chibichangibson
I've been thinking lately of converting to Islam. For me personally I felt like God is calling me, not his supposed followers calling me to a certain church. I have become disillusion with modern Christianity. It's become a sort of gossip hall instead of a place of worship. I go into church (I've been to 6 in this town) and automatically I hear women talking about how much money they make, how much something cost, how bad the other woman is,dressed or how "she needs some work done". I grew disillusioned with the "Money for God" aspect that has become part of main stream religion and how hypocritical it's supposed followers have become. Often the pastors will rant on about "That black Muslim in office" (aka Obama) or how people need to donate more for the bi monthly trips to the virgin isle or how God is punishing the victims of some horrible disasters (one even said about this man who got in a car wreck that God was punishing him for having a child out of wedlock). The hypocrisy of "God is condemning you for your sins" but when the same thing happens to them its "God is testing me" The plates get passed around 4 to 5 times. Christianity here has become a profit,not about faith but the mighty dollar and the speakers, men and women of the cloth, who impose their views on the house instead of promoting love.

Females who go to church in short shorts and a shirt that reads "How many licks" going on about how many lovers they have had. Dressing in clothes that prostitutes wear, promoting a whorish lifestyle all for the love of a man. Women who spend hours and millions of dollars on looking sexy enough for a man,who seem sad or unhappy with themselves for gaining a pound, having a stray hair or "This shirt makes me look fat" . While I have seem Muslims women (the ones I talk to live in Malaysia) wearing Hijabs who talk about how men see them as people not as sex objects. Women who teach their girls to love themselves,not to appease men with their bodies but to hold their heads up with pride, knowing that when a man says he loves you,he loves YOU. I've tried Jewish places of worship, no different than Churches. Women talking about other women,men talking about what their wives do in bed, and everyone talking about hos much they make,get or how much something cost. Honestly I could go on all day

. Anyway, any tips for someone who's new to the faith? Any Muslims wanna give guidance ?

So why do you feel the need to switch from one religion to another, why bother with a religion at all? Why not just go and talk to god yourself and be a social conservative with what you believe to be right? O.o Why do you need someone else's rules to be happy?

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
You may just want to consider changing to a different church, maybe even a different kind Christianity, like Catholicism, Anglicanism or Espiscopalian. Something less commercial and, dare I say, less superficial than what you seem to be enduring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff