Welcome to Gaia! ::

GunsmithKitten
Sanguina Cruenta
Lukyo
Liberal Chirstians say they belive in Jesus but they support things that Jesus wouldn't approve of. Most politically relevant example: Gay Marriage

My understanding was that they disagree with you over whether Jesus would approve of them or not.

Quote:
Because he rose from the dead proving that He was who He claimed He was.

So? He died in shame. Why not worship a god who died honourably instead?

GunsmithKitten
By the way, folks, considering Lukyo's automatic attitude towards anyone that doesn't share his religion, why bother engaging him in any dialogue?

*sigh* I suppose you're right.

Luk has no intention of meaningful dialogue, he wants either an echo chamber or the chance to berate someone. I say ******** him. Anyone that snotty about anyone who DARES not share his religious beliefs isn't interested in any kind of discussion, only a chance to talk down to you.
It is very difficult to have a meaningful conversation when the person I'm conversing with doesn't say anything meaningful, and it comes of very deliberate.

And thank you once again for demonstrating that idea of meaningful dialogue.
The Irish Economy
Lukyo
The Irish Economy
Lukyo
The Irish Economy
Lukyo
I'm sure we have but Jesus as He is described in the Bible is accurate to what Jesus actually was so if Muslims finds that insulting then it only exposes the falsehood Islam and the Koran.

On the contrary Jesus(pbuh) as he is described in the Qur'an is accurate to what Jesus(pbuh) actually was, so if Christians find that insulting then it only exposes the falsehood in Christianity and the Bible.
There also insult due to the fact that the Koran coming up 600 years after the fact.

I agree 100% it's insulting that lies about Jesus as propagated by Christians were allowed to go on for 600 years.
But God presented the turth in the Qur'an Alhamduliliah!

(This is fun, I like you more and more because your so un-ashamedly aggressive, it's nice to see in contrast to the normal wishy washy liberal Christians we get around Gaia, who are all polite and "respectful" wink

So how can the Bible be a lie for years 600 and the truth comes up in a land thousands of miles away from where Jesus lived?

Your right.

Time and Distance are to much for God to deal with.

*Shuffles off*
So God revealed himself in one place among His chosen people only to reveal Himself again away from His chosen people 600 years later?

That eerily similar to Mormonism actually . . . . .

*Notices that The Irish Economy has shuffled away*

Hey where'd he go? question

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Lukyo
On what grounds? The only answer I know that they give is that Jesus never addressed it. However Jesus never addressed the other sexual sins, probably because they were an obvious given.

Not so obvious to everyone, apparently. And I don't know, but it may have something to do with the "God is love" thing or whatever Jesus rambled about. Don't ask me. All I'm saying is, y'know, I don't really see why you are more of a Christian than they are.

Quote:
Do you know any Gods who actually died honorablly or even actually died for that matter?

Baldur is dead, not dishonourably as such. I mean, it was an accident, but it's not like he was hanged or anything. And depending on whether or not you consider a literal Ragnarok to have already happened, Odin, Thor, Heimdallr... a whole mess of Norse gods.

Quote:
But I apologize. God himself can't die but Jesus as he was fully God and fully man could die. I always need to clarify that.

What you just said didn't actually make any sense. Jesus is god and so he can't die but he did die and then he came back.... At least the sects that said "he was god and so never really died" made a bit more sense. The sects that say "the man part of him was killed, freeing the god part, Judas is the best" make a bit more sense also. This thing here? No. Pick one. Jesus is not a schroedinger cat.
Sanguina Cruenta
Lukyo
On what grounds? The only answer I know that they give is that Jesus never addressed it. However Jesus never addressed the other sexual sins, probably because they were an obvious given.

Not so obvious to everyone, apparently. And I don't know, but it may have something to do with the "God is love" thing or whatever Jesus rambled about. Don't ask me. All I'm saying is, y'know, I don't really see why you are more of a Christian than they are.
Indeed God is love, but it is important to never confuse that with Love is God. Two very different things and people who claim God is love really mean the later in the form of "Go dis so loving that he could never punish evil forever." It's a really weird argument when you think about it

Also It's not about being more of a Christian, its about being more consistent in Christianity.

Quote:
Do you know any Gods who actually died honorablly or even actually died for that matter?

Baldur is dead, not dishonourably as such. I mean, it was an accident, but it's not like he was hanged or anything. And depending on whether or not you consider a literal Ragnarok to have already happened, Odin, Thor, Heimdallr... a whole mess of Norse gods. Well if he came back to life that would be something impressive. However I don't know the all the details of Norse myth yet.

Sanguina Cruenta
Lukyo
But I apologize. God himself can't die but Jesus as he was fully God and fully man could die. I always need to clarify that.

What you just said didn't actually make any sense. Jesus is god and so he can't die but he did die and then he came back.... At least the sects that said "he was god and so never really died" made a bit more sense. The sects that say "the man part of him was killed, freeing the god part, Judas is the best" make a bit more sense also. This thing here? No. Pick one. Jesus is not a schroedinger cat.
It would be more accurate to say that the human part of Jesus died but the God part wasn't freed. In fact when Jesus rose his body was resurrected with Him, in a gloried state as well.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Lukyo
Indeed God is love, but it is important to never confuse that with Love is God. Two very different things and people who claim God is love really mean the later in the form of "Go dis so loving that he could never punish evil forever." It's a really weird argument when you think about it

Also It's not about being more of a Christian, its about being more consistent in Christianity.

Oh, OK, so they're proper Christians, they're just inconsistent in their practice?

Quote:
Well if he came back to life that would be something impressive. However I don't know the all the details of Norse myth yet.

He's meant to, after Ragnarok. Hod, too. Though Baldur could have returned earlier if Loki had wept for him.

But then... I mean Hel theoretically could just have changed her mind at any time and said "OK, off you go, then". Not that she did, just that that's the sole reason he's still down there: Hel was disinclined to release him.

Quote:
It would be more accurate to say that the human part of Jesus died but the God part wasn't freed. In fact when Jesus rose his body was resurrected with Him, in a gloried state as well.

That makes more sense, but it.... sounds sort of manky, actually. I imagine some of the gnostics being rather horrified at that idea...?
Sanguina Cruenta
Lukyo

Oh, OK, so they're proper Christians, they're just inconsistent in their practice?
If they say they believe in Jesus I'll have to take their word for it, but I still demand better from them as a fellow brother in Christ.

Sanguina Cruenta
Lukyo
Well if he came back to life that would be something impressive. However I don't know the all the details of Norse myth yet.

He's meant to, after Ragnarok. Hod, too. Though Baldur could have returned earlier if Loki had wept for him.

But then... I mean Hel theoretically could just have changed her mind at any time and said "OK, off you go, then". Not that she did, just that that's the sole reason he's still down there: Hel was disinclined to release him.
Polytheism always have lousy internal affair conflicts. Of course Jesus did create the universe and also sustain the universe so it me and an unbalanced comparison. I mean what kind of god was Baldur?

Sanguina Cruenta
Lukyo

That makes more sense, but it.... sounds sort of manky, actually. I imagine some of the gnostics being rather horrified at that idea...?
Gnostic would believe that the physical world is all evil and so God would never have come down in human form. But to quote C.S. Lewis "God likes matter, He invented it."

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Chibichangibson
Angelz-Life
Good luck wink

I'm muslim too,but I'm Arabian

feel free to ask me, and I'll try to answer u

do women go to mosque or do they have a seperate room for praying? I know some types os Jews have a place in the synagogue that the men pray together and the women pray together.

Women can go to mosque but it is preferable for them to pray at home. In our mosques usually the men pray at the grand floor while the women on the first floor, so it is seperated in the same mosque in anyway floor or room.
Lukyo
Chibichangibson
I've been thinking lately of converting to Islam. For me personally I felt like God is calling me, not his supposed followers calling me to a certain church. I have become disillusion with modern Christianity. It's become a sort of gossip hall instead of a place of worship. I go into church (I've been to 6 in this town) and automatically I hear women talking about how much money they make, how much something cost, how bad the other woman is,dressed or how "she needs some work done". I grew disillusioned with the "Money for God" aspect that has become part of main stream religion and how hypocritical it's supposed followers have become. Often the pastors will rant on about "That black Muslim in office" (aka Obama) or how people need to donate more for the bi monthly trips to the virgin isle or how God is punishing the victims of some horrible disasters (one even said about this man who got in a car wreck that God was punishing him for having a child out of wedlock). The hypocrisy of "God is condemning you for your sins" but when the same thing happens to them its "God is testing me" The plates get passed around 4 to 5 times. Christianity here has become a profit,not about faith but the mighty dollar and the speakers, men and women of the cloth, who impose their views on the house instead of promoting love.

Females who go to church in short shorts and a shirt that reads "How many licks" going on about how many lovers they have had. Dressing in clothes that prostitutes wear, promoting a whorish lifestyle all for the love of a man. Women who spend hours and millions of dollars on looking sexy enough for a man,who seem sad or unhappy with themselves for gaining a pound, having a stray hair or "This shirt makes me look fat" . While I have seem Muslims women (the ones I talk to live in Malaysia) wearing Hijabs who talk about how men see them as people not as sex objects. Women who teach their girls to love themselves,not to appease men with their bodies but to hold their heads up with pride, knowing that when a man says he loves you,he loves YOU. I've tried Jewish places of worship, no different than Churches. Women talking about other women,men talking about what their wives do in bed, and everyone talking about hos much they make,get or how much something cost. Honestly I could go on all day

. Anyway, any tips for someone who's new to the faith? Any Muslims wanna give guidance ?
So basically you've rejected Jesus and embraced a religion that hates Jesus because Christians suck at being humbled and Christ-like? I'm sorry that your experience among Christians was so poor but what your saying doesn't make any sense.

Didn't you ever try to point out your concerns to Christians and how they were acting? And if so did they scoff at you and say you were being stuck up, priggish, or puritanical? I would understand your disillusionment with modern Christians but that is NOT a good reason to belive that Christianity is false and to convert to Islam.

I'm curious, which churches did you go to? They sound out of control.

Holiness, baptist and Methodist o.o
Angelz-Life
Chibichangibson
Angelz-Life
Good luck wink

I'm muslim too,but I'm Arabian

feel free to ask me, and I'll try to answer u

do women go to mosque or do they have a seperate room for praying? I know some types os Jews have a place in the synagogue that the men pray together and the women pray together.

Women can go to mosque but it is preferable for them to pray at home. In our mosques usually the men pray at the grand floor while the women on the first floor, so it is seperated in the same mosque in anyway floor or room.

ah i see biggrin this synagoghue here does something like it.And I noticed when I saw Muslim men praying in a Mosque it was seperated with the women.

@ others who point out how Muslim women are treated in Saudia Arabia, you have to remember, that is a whole nother nation. Do you realize in some parts of the world Christian women are forbidden to divorce,not be a virgin on their wedding night, and can be in an arranged marriage? Just because some women in another nation gets treated differently doesn't mean we all do. Have you been to Malaysia? Muslim women there don't even have to wear hijabs. Same religion, different nation.Comparing religious zealots to the rest of the religion would be like comparing all Christians to the Westboro Baptist Church, that Mormon sect with the 50 wives, and the Amish. Theyre all different,they all follow the Christian faith as they see it, yet no one wants to be stereotyped as them. I'd rather be known as a person of faith,not a Islamic radicle . As a Christian (if you are one) would you like for Muslims and Jews to think of you as a westboro follower?
Chibichangibson
Lukyo
Chibichangibson
I've been thinking lately of converting to Islam. For me personally I felt like God is calling me, not his supposed followers calling me to a certain church. I have become disillusion with modern Christianity. It's become a sort of gossip hall instead of a place of worship. I go into church (I've been to 6 in this town) and automatically I hear women talking about how much money they make, how much something cost, how bad the other woman is,dressed or how "she needs some work done". I grew disillusioned with the "Money for God" aspect that has become part of main stream religion and how hypocritical it's supposed followers have become. Often the pastors will rant on about "That black Muslim in office" (aka Obama) or how people need to donate more for the bi monthly trips to the virgin isle or how God is punishing the victims of some horrible disasters (one even said about this man who got in a car wreck that God was punishing him for having a child out of wedlock). The hypocrisy of "God is condemning you for your sins" but when the same thing happens to them its "God is testing me" The plates get passed around 4 to 5 times. Christianity here has become a profit,not about faith but the mighty dollar and the speakers, men and women of the cloth, who impose their views on the house instead of promoting love.

Females who go to church in short shorts and a shirt that reads "How many licks" going on about how many lovers they have had. Dressing in clothes that prostitutes wear, promoting a whorish lifestyle all for the love of a man. Women who spend hours and millions of dollars on looking sexy enough for a man,who seem sad or unhappy with themselves for gaining a pound, having a stray hair or "This shirt makes me look fat" . While I have seem Muslims women (the ones I talk to live in Malaysia) wearing Hijabs who talk about how men see them as people not as sex objects. Women who teach their girls to love themselves,not to appease men with their bodies but to hold their heads up with pride, knowing that when a man says he loves you,he loves YOU. I've tried Jewish places of worship, no different than Churches. Women talking about other women,men talking about what their wives do in bed, and everyone talking about hos much they make,get or how much something cost. Honestly I could go on all day

. Anyway, any tips for someone who's new to the faith? Any Muslims wanna give guidance ?
So basically you've rejected Jesus and embraced a religion that hates Jesus because Christians suck at being humbled and Christ-like? I'm sorry that your experience among Christians was so poor but what your saying doesn't make any sense.

Didn't you ever try to point out your concerns to Christians and how they were acting? And if so did they scoff at you and say you were being stuck up, priggish, or puritanical? I would understand your disillusionment with modern Christians but that is NOT a good reason to belive that Christianity is false and to convert to Islam.

I'm curious, which churches did you go to? They sound out of control.

Holiness, baptist and Methodist o.o
Sigh. If only some one like Paul could be alive today.

So you never actually alerted the Christian women to the fact the they were being lewd gossips?
Your same complaints about the church are the same complaints people have been giving about the church since the church began. I'm not saying they aren't valid, I'm just saying that many of the same criticisms (greed, immorality, loss of direction, etc) have been leveled in general at Islam. I mean, you can make up your own mind about whether or not those criticisms are valid are not, but they're there just the same.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff