11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Subhanallah!
Welcome Back to Islam Sister.The True Religion of Jesus, Moses, and Abraham

Adored Admirer

Chibichangibson
first part: was about Allah forgives us for not, not like God who sent his son to die for our sins.

You do realize that you supposedly believe in the same god, don't you? Or is this the part where I get to say that the Christian god (save unitarians) and the Muslim god aren't the same god as HaShem, Who alone is God?

Chibichangibson
second part: In Modern Christianity ,it isn't "Obey Mom, Obey Dad, Obey God" it's "Obey The pastor, the pope, the person who tells you that you're going to hell for disbelieving him

You must have been living on some distant planet. Thanks to Catholics for Protestantism, people have been seeking ad fontes.

Chibichangibson
third part: (evangelist,pastors and supposed men of the cloth) want people to give them money,not for helping those less fortunate but for those in expensive houses, for vacations and trips. Ever wonder why so many persons of the cloth have designer suits and dresses?

Not everyone is that way. Stop generalizing.

Chibichangibson
As for the Bible, it has so many versions and has changed that one wonders what is really the word of God and what is the word of man.

Various translations exist because of new findings. The more recent kinds like the ESV are based on Masoretic Text, Septuagint, and Dead Sea Scrolls. English translations do not affect the originals.
TDA_Dashin_Sentient
Subhanallah!
Welcome Back to Islam Sister.The True Religion of Jesus, Moses, and Abraham

Baraka Allah biggrin
I'm kinda new so if I mispelt it lemma know sweatdrop

sometimes someone just can't find what they need in religion,or they feel like they're missing something. It's hard to explain why I want to convert,it's just something I've been thinking about. I might not have all the understanding of Islam like one would who grew up on it, but I'm learning about the good of Allah. One shouldn't feel like they have to explain why one is unhappy with their current faith or why one feels the need to convert. It's like asking "Why did you leave your religion?" different people have different reasons.

Adored Admirer

Chibichangibson
Baraka Allah biggrin
I'm kinda new so if I mispelt it lemma know sweatdrop

Don't worry. In time you'll have the Arabic down.

Sparkly Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Salam, I just converted today, I have a meeting set up with a muslim woman who is going to help me an I feel very excited about me new path, I hope you get any help you may need. Peace be with you xD

RichChikka's Senpai

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Chibichangibson

sometimes someone just can't find what they need in religion,or they feel like they're missing something. It's hard to explain why I want to convert,it's just something I've been thinking about. I might not have all the understanding of Islam like one would who grew up on it, but I'm learning about the good of Allah. One shouldn't feel like they have to explain why one is unhappy with their current faith or why one feels the need to convert. It's like asking "Why did you leave your religion?" different people have different reasons.

I agree.
Faith is in the heart, is in our souls. You can't think about it but you can feel it.. It's like a wind it is invisible but you can feel it.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Buy one revert get one free.
Islam best prices around!

But all seriousness, this thread made me very happy, today's been a very very good day!

MashAllah!
Haha Diet Coke
Salam, I just converted today, I have a meeting set up with a muslim woman who is going to help me an I feel very excited about me new path, I hope you get any help you may need. Peace be with you xD

awesome biggrin I think next time I go to a town near here, I'll visit a Muslim book store,to help me out some.
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah
Why not convert to a more traditional, conservative form of Christianity? Like Catholicism? I'm not Catholic, but a LOT of Catholics I know praise modest dress, social conservatism, and a few other things that might be up your alley.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

The New Wineskin
Sanguina Cruenta
Chibichangibson
Sanguina Cruenta
You should convert to Islam because you believe it to be true, not because you're disillusioned with your church. You don't need to go to church to worship your god or be a good Christian. If you don't like the churches in your area, don't go to them. Plus I'm sure there are other people in your community who feel similarly; you could form a study group together or something.

Why is it you want to convert to Islam?

I believe in God, not the mighty dollar or hypocrisy Muslims have a strong faith in God, they teach moral values without conforming to the believe in others. For me is not the church that makes me feel like religion is no longer faithful, it's the massive hoards who believe in what false prophets believe.
Islam brings you one on one with Allah (God) not following the speakers to get to God. Not "do this and you can get in touch with God. In Islam there is no middle man, Allah is the one i speak to.

"The mighty dollar" and "hypocrisy" are not the gods of Christianity. Christians believe in YHWH and Yeshua. You're confusing "the massive hoards" with Christianity. They're not the same thing. I just told you you don't need to be in a church to be a good Christian, and that means you don't have to "follow the speakers to get to god". Many Christians pray directly to their god on a daily basis.

You're still framing this in terms of your experience with Christians, not about Christianity or Islam.

You are assuming she is referring to Christianity; besides, Islam teaches that Christians and Jews pray to the same allah as they do, and therefore have no qualms with them. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the Qur'an states that Christians and Jews ( "The People of the Book" ) go to Heaven automatically. She must not be as knowledgeable of Islam as I would hope as a potential convert if she is referring to the Christian God, especially since, as you said, Christians usually pray directly to Allah (excluding Catholics, who I believe pray to the saints who direct their message to Allah -- I may be wrong there though, as I have not studied Catholic beliefs).

I am so confused by this.

Adored Admirer

It seems like a few more Muslims popped in on M&R. Good to see the diversity.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Illiezeulette
Why not convert to a more traditional, conservative form of Christianity? Like Catholicism? I'm not Catholic, but a LOT of Catholics I know praise modest dress, social conservatism, and a few other things that might be up your alley.

I would assume that she does not want to convert to Catholicism because she does not believe in the teachings of Catholicism, and wants to convert to Islam because she believes the teachings of it (although, as already shown, that does not seem to be the case, since she does not even seem to show even basic knowledge of the religion.

Adored Admirer

The New Wineskin
Illiezeulette

I would assume that she does not want to convert to Catholicism because she does not believe in the teachings of Catholicism, and wants to convert to Islam because she believes the teachings of it (although, as already shown, that does not seem to be the case, since she does not even seem to show even basic knowledge of the religion.

I don't encourage going that route. Knowledge first, and then if it appeals to you, choose.
The New Wineskin
(excluding Catholics, who I believe pray to the saints who direct their message to Allah -- I may be wrong there though, as I have not studied Catholic beliefs).

Lol, no.

Catholics pray directly to God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.
Catholics petition saints to pray for them. It's no different than asking your friend to pray for you, except that you are talking to someone who is no longer living. They do this because they believe that saints have more leverage, since they are closer to God and can probably persuade Him to help you out better than you can. It's like the difference between getting a total stranger to help you rather than a close friend (the friend is more likely to respond to you).

Adored Admirer

Illiezeulette
The New Wineskin
(excluding Catholics, who I believe pray to the saints who direct their message to Allah -- I may be wrong there though, as I have not studied Catholic beliefs).

Lol, no.

Catholics pray directly to God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.
Catholics petition saints to pray for them. It's no different than asking your friend to pray for you, except that you are talking to someone who is no longer living. They do this because they believe that saints have more leverage, since they are closer to God and can probably persuade Him to help you out better than you can. It's like the difference between getting a total stranger to help you rather than a close friend (the friend is more likely to respond to you).

This is why I find it silly that God is omniscient. Prayer becomes meaningless.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff