Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which religion would you choose if it could be -fact-?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 13, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 >

Quote:
Second, I have yet to see any religion that offers a deity that you can relate to in the humblest of aspects.

Actually, in Greek and Roman mythos, the Deities are much more human and humble than...well...humans themselves. They were deities one could relate themselves with. I really don't think anyone can relate themselves with Jesus anyway. I know nobody who would die on a cross and be sin-less their whole lives. neutral

Quote:
1 i would have to pick christian b/c it is the one that tells you if the bith of the chirst the one to save use all if you think about it no other has someone that saves them and then there are some that do not know who made the faith that they go by.

Alrighty. I'll try to answer these to the best of my gawd foresaken skills of English.
'No other religion has someone that saves them'? Huh?! There are many, many more. Too many to even list. Do some research, kid.

Quote:
2 my faith desnt hurt you if you think about sometimes to do things in meaning pagon faiths it will come back at you more powerful then befor that is not i good thing. now what im saying is that my life is all happy its not but its not like im have bad things happening to me b/c i need to hurt someone

I'm pagan. Note the bolded 'a'. And I live a very happy life. No faith 'hurts' you. Give me one that is still around today that actually does.

Quote:
3 you many not think it but scince knows that my faith is right the big flood that plp say came form poler icecaps meating is wornge it b/c the earth befor the flood wwas in a big bubble i know that is hard it aberstand but that is how it is

Science has DISPROVED your faith. It has never said your faith is right in any way, shape or form.

Quote:

i hope that this is a help to plp in need of good news

I hope that this is something people can even read.

Oh, sorry. I just did not like that post at all. Sorry for flaming or whatever, I just can't stand that type of closed-mindedness. The thread is about 'which you WANT to be true' right? Not, 'which one IS true'.

Anyway, I'd much rather Atheism be the true one, mainly because there's nothing to worry about. No gods/goddesses to please, no holiday rituals/rites, etc.
Okay, this has gone on for WAY too long.

For everyone choosing Christianity or a sect of Christianity: Way to go. You've just send 2/3s of the Earth to Hell. Thanks.

For anyone choosing atheism: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? You want oblivion? You ought to be committed.

For Pagans: If anyone in your religion gets anything less than eternal, perfect happiness, you're being ridiculous.

For Buddhists: Just what is Buddhism anyways? I got nothing.

C'MON, PEOPLE! This is an easy question. Make up a religion where everyone is infinitely happy for all eternity. Done. Everyone wins. You can't do better than that.
Sinner
Okay, this has gone on for WAY too long.

For everyone choosing Christianity or a sect of Christianity: Way to go. You've just send 2/3s of the Earth to Hell. Thanks.

For anyone choosing atheism: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? You want oblivion? You ought to be committed.

For Pagans: If anyone in your religion gets anything less than eternal, perfect happiness, you're being ridiculous.

For Buddhists: Just what is Buddhism anyways? I got nothing.

C'MON, PEOPLE! This is an easy question. Make up a religion where everyone is infinitely happy for all eternity. Done. Everyone wins. You can't do better than that.
So, like, what would we get out of Sinnerism?
Quote:
So, like, what would we get out of Sinnerism?

Lemme put it this way: I'm okay with it, but the rest of you may end up with a raw deal.

Aged Codger

you know, i think satanic christianity would be the best

it basically says that, yeah Jesus died for our sins so we can get into heaven, but God also put satan in rule of all that is on the Earth so we can indulge all that we want without worrying as God is all forgiving and thus, when we die can get into heaven no matter what.
Quote:
you know, i think satanic christianity would be the best

it basically says that, yeah Jesus died for our sins so we can get into heaven, but God also put satan in rule of all that is on the Earth so we can indulge all that we want without worrying as God is all forgiving and thus, when we die can get into heaven no matter what.

Ooo. Hm. Wow, well... yeah, you do realize the world might go to hell? (OKAY, don't attack me - I didn't mean it THAT way sweatdrop )

Actually, I can't imagine how horrible the world would be if that were the case, TheMessiah. I imagine millions of copies and cycles of the Holocaust. eek Yeah... That's scary.
there would be no religion... a lot less to worry about

Aged Codger

yeah i know.

while it's futile, and at times, ignorant to believe in when instituted into the grand public i am a firm believer in self governed morals.

in MY faith God has no guidelines to follow, it asks that you keep an open mind so it may learn from you and all those in the world.

ultimately there is no punishment for your deeds or misdeeds.
Quote:
which would it be and why? What I'm saying is, if you could choose a religion to follow, and KNOW that was the right one, because when you chose it it became factual, true, and undeniable (this is theoretical, if you didn't know.) which would you choose, and why?

What makes that religion so much better for you than any other? What makes it seem like the right one? Why do you not follow it now, if you don't? Explain and discuss? ^^;

I'm going to head to bed right now, but I'll definitely check when I get on tomorrow to see who (if anyone) has answered, and see what they say... I'm interested. I'll tell you which one I'd choose right now, but I'll explain tomorrow. Buddhism. I'll explain my choice tomorrow.

(in the poll I have included all I could off the top of my head. There are several, SEVERAL more, and if you have another you wish me to add, let me know. Though, the number of poll items you can add [I just found out] isn't very high, sooo.)

I mean all religions have thier postives and negatives, I would choose Christian, but I dont think any religion is perfect or so called " the truth", but as long as you worship God, everything is good.
Each religion has a bit of truth, and a bit of..harmony within it, the way I see it.
Quote:
Each religion has a bit of truth, and a bit of..harmony within it, the way I see it.

Except for a religion which I just made up. Just then. Called Chaosism.
It's where everyone tries to be as unpredictable and unorderly as possible, and they all think that different supernatural spirits will reward them once the've done their different, chaotic deeds. Oh yea, and they all lie all the time. Whenever possible.

Shameless Enabler

Anybody with true faith in their religion, would choose their own religion because they already consider it fact.
It woudn't matter. No matter what the truth is, there will always be those out there who want to off it. There are stil, to this day, groups of people who honestly believe the earth is flat. They 'know' that the earth is flat, and the pictures of earth from space are fake. You could make a religion truth, but no matter the proof, people will always try to make it wrong. If they can't find something easily, they'll make it wrong. Its another thing of human nature. We can't all just get along and agree, becuase there will always be those people who will rebel. Humanity isnt a peaceful race, and we'll never all agree. God, Buddha, or what have you could come down and give undisputable proof of the truth, and people would still refuse to believe it.
Christian
beacuse its the only religion that the god acculy cares about you and people
beacuse even though we dont deserve it in any way Christ will still help us and Love us through any situation
the True God and Savior Jesus Christ gave everything so that we could then have everything that he created for us.
and no matter what you've done he will alway forgive you and help you learn and grow
I Chose the Only religion Where the God Cares about me and other people!!
Dammit, people. I just made a post pointing out how you were all acting like idiots, and you continue. Dammit. Just... dammit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff